Best looking medium armor?

ZeddyGW.5013

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Mine is a bit... expensive.

Are you referring to the per-hour payment? Because that's what she looks like. :s (I still can't believe that ANet is no better than other companies when it comes to creating sexist armor for female characters. Plain awful.)

The woman's body is a beautiful thing. I want to see this beautiful thing, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to do so. If anet should happen to implement hot sets [...]

Only if there were equivalents on the male side, but there are none. Therefore, this policy is sexist. Also, there is a difference between "hot" and "cheap" (I can't type the actual term I am thinking of, because it would get censored, but I am sure you know what I mean).

There are many armors that show of the male body too.

Not really. And surely none that would expose secondary sexual characteristic like with female armor (boobs, butt, upper thighs and bikini zone, belly button).

There is a difference between sexy and sexist

Indeed there is, and "cheap" (I can't use the actual term, it's being filtered) isn't sexy.

and no female character is ever forced to wear this type of clothing.

The fact that there is a huge amount of said armor pieces limits your options, so you are forced to wear the few alternatives - whereas men have a wide variety to choose from, and none of those armor pieces look cheap.

It existing because clearly some people (perhaps the majority?) enjoy it doesn't make anything sexist.

Many people enjoy certain types of videos. Doesn't mean they aren't one-sidely sexist in the way they depict women.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Are you referring to the per-hour payment? Because that's what she looks like. :s (I still can't believe that ANet is no better than other companies when it comes to creating sexist armor for female characters. Plain awful.)

The woman's body is a beautiful thing. I want to see this beautiful thing, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to do so. If anet should happen to implement hot sets [...]

Only if there were equivalents on the male side, but there are none. Therefore, this policy is sexist. Also, there is a difference between "hot" and "cheap" (I can't type the actual term I am thinking of, because it would get censored, but I am sure you know what I mean).

There are many armors that show of the male body too.

Not really. And surely none that would expose secondary sexual characteristic like with female armor (boobs, butt, upper thighs and bikini zone).

There is a difference between sexy and sexist

Indeed there is, and kitten isn't sexy.

and no female character is ever forced to wear this type of clothing.

The fact that there is a huge amount of said armor pieces limits your options, so you are
forced
to wear the few alternatives - whereas men have a wide variety to choose from, and none of those armor pieces look kitten.

It existing because clearly some people (perhaps the majority?) enjoy it doesn't make anything sexist.

Many people enjoy certain types of videos. Doesn't mean they aren't one-sidely sexist in the way they depict women.

So? By your saying that having more revealing armour on female and not male is sexist?

There are probably far more female players that wear there's skimpy armours then male players do (not saying we don't at all because I sometimes change to full t3 on my thief)

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:So? By your saying that having more revealing armour on female and not male is sexist?

Yes. It is a sexist design.

There are probably far more female players that wear there's skimpy armours then male players do

And that makes it better how exactly? Just because modern media teaches girls and young women that "skimpy" equals "sexy" and that you have to dress a certain way to be perceived as attractive doesn't make it so.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:So? By your saying that having more revealing armour on female and not male is sexist?

Yes. It is a sexist design.

There are probably far more female players that wear there's skimpy armours then male players do

And that makes it better how exactly? Just because modern media teaches girls and young women that "skimpy" equals "sexy" and that you have to dress a certain way to be perceived as attractive doesn't make it so.

It's a game, for heaven sake. People do what ever they want, when want. Why you're brining RL stuff into this i dunno.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@OP, how about this combo? (The lady in the middle next to the Asura with the horned helmet.)
dJHZHrq.jpg
  • Assassin's Shoulderpads
  • Krytan Jerkin
  • Buccaneer Gloves
  • Duelist Pants
  • Assassin's Boots

@"Oriens.5630" said:Here I went for a cute girl look.

"Cute"?! Dear Dwayna... :s

I'm betting that referring to a female character as a hooker will be the most sexist thing I read all day, so, thanks for that, I guess?

A lot of posts on this, but I will suggest this. Try looking into Requiem armor. This is the armor that got released in Jahai Bluffs and it glows! You can also change the color of the glow and customize the look pretty well with other armor sets. I combined mine with Bladed Armor from Verdant Brink and the Requiem Armor to have a really cool effect. It's worth checking out.

ALSO here is a list of armor types that many try forWarbeast ArmorBounty Hunter ArmorBladed ArmorFunerary Armor (not my cup o tea though)

If you use the above you can honestly get some good combos. You can get most of these via the desert box which is in PvP and WvW. :+1:

• 3 weeks later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Can you tell me what armor wears 3rd character at right from Asura with Horns please? That armor is sick!

@"Ashantara.8731" said:

Also, there is a difference between "hot" and "cheap" (I can't type the actual term I am thinking of, because it would get censored, but I am sure you know what I mean).

Indeed there is, and "cheap" (I can't use the actual term, it's being filtered) isn't sexy.

We get it, you think women who don't do what you want are hookers and you hate them. Sheesh. Also you don't get to define what is sexy for the rest of us. Now go be a busy body somewhere else.

@"robertthebard.8150" said:I'm betting that referring to a female character as a hooker will be the most sexist thing I read all day, so, thanks for that, I guess?

It can't be sexist when I am a woman, can it? That is how I feel about what I saw (namely offended), although I used a different terminology than you did. ;) There is a reason why I almost exclusively play male characters in this game - there aren't enough decent options for female chars to look other than like either "fragile little princesses", vixens, or, well, what you wrote.

Anyway, happy holidays:

aBTO8DN.jpg

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@OP, how about this combo? (The lady in the middle next to the Asura with the horned helmet.)
dJHZHrq.jpg
  • Assassin's Shoulderpads
  • Krytan Jerkin
  • Buccaneer Gloves
  • Duelist Pants
  • Assassin's Boots

@"Oriens.5630" said:Here I went for a cute girl look.

"Cute"?! Dear Dwayna... :s

I'm betting that referring to a female character as a hooker will be the most sexist thing I read all day, so, thanks for that, I guess?

She has a point tho. If you go to Red Light district in Amsterdam you will noticed that there is not a world of difference between beautiful ladies there and many female player characters in the game. Facts cannot be sexist; they’re just facts. Saying that they look like a hooker is actually quiet accurate, given that prostitues were historically a driving force behind women fashion change over the years. Not that it is a bad thing, because without them women would still be wearing long dresses and probably women’s rights movement in the 60s would never happen. ;)

Although I wouldn’t want to see male characters as “exposed” as some female characters in the game are. Call me sexist or homophopic, I don’t care, but the moment I would see pink afro norn with big pink mustache and visible boobs and “bikini” zone, teabagging my corpse in WvW would be the moment I would uninstall this game for good. There is a limit of bad taste that I can swollow... and I know that many players would create such characters with silly legendary weapon skins (those that make silly noises during combat) just for the kek and annoyance of other players.

@Omernon.9762 said:

She has a point tho. If you go to Red Light district in Amsterdam you will noticed that there is not a world of difference between beautiful ladies there and many female player characters in the game. Facts cannot be sexist; they’re just facts. Saying that they look like a hooker is actually quiet accurate, given that prostitues were historically a driving force behind women fashion change over the years. Not that it is a bad thing, because without them women would still be wearing long dresses and probably women’s rights movement in the 60s would never happen. ;)

Although I wouldn’t want to see male characters as “exposed” as some female characters in the game are. Call me sexist or homophopic, I don’t care, but the moment I would see pink afro norn with big pink mustache and visible boobs and “bikini” zone, teabagging my corpse in WvW would be the moment I would uninstall this game for good. There is a limit of bad taste that I can swollow... and I know that many players would create such characters with silly legendary weapon skins (those that make silly noises during combat) just for the kek and annoyance of other players.

Sometimes us guys want to see jacked dudes wearing loincloths cross swords.

Anyway, down here in Vegas, it isn't uncommon to see the average woman walking around in Daisy Dukes and a cropped tube top. If they're wearing that much. The thing about modesty is that it's relative. Living here, I've been utterly desensitized. What for other people is too provocative is just Tuesday for me. It goes the same for everybody else living here. The prostitutes around here don't go for the minimalist approach. They go for a particular style, with cached up makeup and lingerie, mostly to hide the bruises/drug erosion but also to stand out from the average woman.

Also I'm going to call into question that prostitutes were responsible for women's lib. Historically the cause of most liberation is literacy and widespread publication. In order to maintain rights in the face of greater power, you have to win the argument. It's only once people find that injustice is indefensible does justice prevail.

Well, but they did inspire sexual revolution of 20th century and that also led towards women's right movement. There is quiet a lot of books on this topic and I mean books written by historians and scientist, not ideologists. But you're also right; one thing is not enough to account for entire women's right movement, but it did played a big role.

Back on topic tho:This may not be medium armor, but it certainly looks like one. My Human Engineer in Rox outfit:W377k1M.jpg

I also use Zafirah's Rifle on her, so to match colors with the outfit:hUkxdAT.jpg

I like when my characters look like real adventurers, not some half-naked chicks imbued with way too many flashy auras. I just wish the quality of in-game images was a bit higher...