Warrior is my main and has been for quite a while.
However it has severely depressing, useless weapons that are totally outdated.
1) Sword - People have been begging for an update of this slow, sluggish weapon. It NEEDS buffs. F1 ability on sword should NOT root, and could maybe use a damage increase. The leap is fine, if not wonky (sometimes fails to hit in point blank range. it usually is only used as a combo leap finisher or just as mobility... very sad). The 3 is iffy, but deals okay damage under 50%. Sword mainhand is THE warrior weapon in a lot of mmo, but in gw2 its so useless! even on burn warrior its underwhelming, especially when scourge and mirage stack 25 stack of literally every condi on you, burn warrior watching from behind with single tear rolling down cheak, holding his pitiful burn stacks in one hand, and meager bleed stacks in the other.
2) Sword offhand - CLUNKY. VERY CLUNKY WEAPONNNN.
3) Longbow - Mechanical design of Gw2 totally annihilates this "LONG BOW" and castrates it to a melee weapon. you must stack for blast finishers and what not, so playing burn warrior with a longbow basically requires melee uptime? like what? and for a condi weapon it has pitiful condi that we have to trait into to get the burn on auto.. .come on....
4) Maces - after the nerfs, kind of bad, people only ever run Axe main hand now, and axe offhand provides far more damage.
5) i would like to point out also that HAMMER is fine, just there are way too many stun break mechanics in the game currently for anything to be done about it. How it currently plays feels good and is how a hammer warrior should feel. but anytime you knock somebody down or back or stun them, even if you set it up, there is no reward for it, just poof they use their multitude of stun break. But whatever, it hits decently hard. Sword mh and longbow DESPERATELY need tuning/buffs!
PLEASE on behalf of all warrior mains, please bring sword mh oh and longbows up to par with other weapons, its been so long!
Edit - Feel free to suggest fixes to bring these outdated weapons up to date?