[Resolved] Beetle race boost orbs

I have experienced that and I am pretty sure that neither of those things are what happens in those cases. I raced on PCs with different specs, one of them very old and slow and without SSD, and you absolutely will notice when you race too quick for objects or textures to load, the orbs are not that "special" that only they fail to load while every other stuff in the game is visible fine.

Also Kururu has very fast times and likely knows exactly where the orbs are and if he would have gotten them if they were there and just not visible, I keep seeing him in my racetime list and stuggle to reach the times he keeps getting :)

@Gildarts.1769 said:This happens when you're doing a time trial when a race event ends.For some reason it despawns the orbs.Best bet is if you see a race timer going, don't start a time trial if you know there's not enough time to finish.

Whats causing them to despawn when theres not a race event going on then, cause ive had them despawn in the middle of a time trial with no race event being ran. Hell ive had instances where the first orb spawned and none of the latter ones did.(almost all in Diessa) i thought it was lag at first much like the checkpoints not counting but i kept my meter up the entire time and never once had lag spikes :/

@Dante.1763 said:Whats causing them to despawn when theres not a race event going on then, cause ive had them despawn in the middle of a time trial with no race event being ran.

You're sure there wasn't a race? The timer won't show if you haven't signed up, but it's still running in the background.I've done a lot of these races and haven't seen the orbs despawn for any other reason. But they will despawn 100% of the time this way.

@Gildarts.1769 said:

@Dante.1763 said:Whats causing them to despawn when theres not a race event going on then, cause ive had them despawn in the middle of a time trial with no race event being ran.

You're sure there wasn't a race? The timer won't show if you haven't signed up, but it's still running in the background.I've done a lot of these races and haven't seen the orbs despawn for any other reason. But they will despawn 100% of the time this way.

Very certain, as the race had finished prior to me doing the time trial, took part in the race, won gold and waited for the actual event rewards to pop before i started time trials again due to them despawning when races end.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It would be really nice if this "despawning" of boost orbs (and sometimes the gates too) would not happen in the middle of a time trail run. If you're in the "race" it makes sense, but if you're not part of the race, it's just a bug. It's been a year now and, as someone that still loves the race courses, this is a major nit for me. Please fix!