Could you please stop making high heels and skimpy armor for females?

@Zhou.3605 said:

@Zhou.3605 said:I gotta say this....My roommate, who is female, has the same complaint. Well in opposition to you. I mean...she loves heels and hates that there are literally like one attempt maybe two at heels in general. And she thinks they suck. I mean....I agree that as far as heavy and medium armor goes...nothing is girly really. I feel it would be great to have some options where my heavy and medium armor characters are not busy trying to be men. Last time I checked it was okay to be a girl.... but I dunno these days if you can't dress like a man then for some reason its offensive. But then... you can dress like a man or woman in GW2. Just less often can you be effeminate if you are heavy or medium armor. Heavy you are a Knight of the Round Table usually, and medium you are a pirate....Yarr do not get me started on that kitten medium armor that makes you look like a kitten rooster....More heels, more effeminate armors.. Please. I am tired of it being wrong to be a girl and only right to be a man.

Nearly all of the female medium and heavy armors are feminine.

I am not saying they do not show that the character is female. But they are without a doubt masculine femininity.

I disagree. Nearly all of the armor sets in question are designed to emphasize female sexual characteristics even though doing so would negatively impact their function. They are objectively feminine.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@Zhou.3605 said:I gotta say this....My roommate, who is female, has the same complaint. Well in opposition to you. I mean...she loves heels and hates that there are literally like one attempt maybe two at heels in general. And she thinks they suck. I mean....I agree that as far as heavy and medium armor goes...nothing is girly really. I feel it would be great to have some options where my heavy and medium armor characters are not busy trying to be men. Last time I checked it was okay to be a girl.... but I dunno these days if you can't dress like a man then for some reason its offensive. But then... you can dress like a man or woman in GW2. Just less often can you be effeminate if you are heavy or medium armor. Heavy you are a Knight of the Round Table usually, and medium you are a pirate....Yarr do not get me started on that kitten medium armor that makes you look like a kitten rooster....More heels, more effeminate armors.. Please. I am tired of it being wrong to be a girl and only right to be a man.

I am not saying they do not show that the character is female. But they are without a doubt masculine femininity.

Many (most?) of the female heavy armour sets have boobplates. Are you saying boobplates are masculine?!

And men have breastplates that looks like a man's chest. I'd assume at least some of those would have been requested to not look like a man's breast on a female, if we're covering the various bases here.

While you can use real-world logic to dictate that women would just wear men's armor, you're glossing over the fact that in the real-world, there isn't a large need for female exclusive body armor.

Further still, I know for a fact, if female armor were carbon copies of male armor people will complain and accuse the creators for being lazy. Confer real-world logic till the cows come home, but players want these rules bent regardless.

@Leo G.4501 said:

Many (most?) of the female heavy armour sets have boobplates. Are you saying boobplates are masculine?!

And men have
breastplates
that looks like a man's chest. I'd assume at least some of those would have been requested to not look like a man's breast on a female, if we're covering the various bases here.

While you can use real-world logic to dictate that women would just wear men's armor, you're glossing over the fact that in the real-world, there isn't a large need for female exclusive body armor.

Further still, I know for a fact, if female armor were carbon copies of male armor people will complain and accuse the creators for being lazy. Confer real-world logic till the cows come home, but players want these rules bent regardless.

Wow, you're putting an awful lot of words into my mouth. I didn't say anything about real-world armour, make any reference to real-world logic, or suggest that the female armour should be carbon copies of the male armour. I was just questioning the suggestion that boobplates are masculine, nothing more.

It depends what do you mean by skimpy. I was actually trying to find a short skirt for my female mesmer without legs covered - for my pixie look - I don't like the starting piece. I couldn't find any besides the starting piece. :/I would like some pixie short skirts without legs covered.

@"Ashen.2907" said:I disagree. Nearly all of the armor sets in question are designed to emphasize female sexual characteristics even though doing so would negatively impact their function. They are objectively feminine.

You might want to have a look at "all" the armors out there like this one. This is the human female heavy Leystone armor. Look at the profile photo in the middle, a flat chest with no breast. There's nothing feminine about this armor except maybe the kilt if people want to consider that feminine. Embarrassed to say, but I actually have this armor, and many others like this.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/gw2-leystone-heavy-armor-female.jpg

@Bolero Bloodreign.9025 said:

@"Ashen.2907" said:I disagree. Nearly all of the armor sets in question are designed to emphasize female sexual characteristics even though doing so would negatively impact their function. They are objectively feminine.

You might want to have a look at "all" the armors out there like this one. This is the human female heavy Leystone armor.
Look at the profile photo in the middle, a flat chest with no breast.
There's nothing feminine about this armor except maybe the kilt if people want to consider that feminine. Embarrassed to say, but I actually have this armor, and many others like this.

Are you kidding? The chest is there but just much less pronounced cause here you are literally wearing a piece of rock and the rest of the silhouette is clearly feminine (waist, hips). If the characteristics were more pronounced it would be a stereotypical caricature.

And this goes for the vast majority of heavy armors. Their femininity is quite a clear part of the design.

As for the OP i think this is the last game that you would make such a complain. There is enough variety to go as skimpy or modest as one would like. If anything the male armor the skimpy choices a bit lacking as there are only a few gladiator-like skins.

@"Turin.6921" said:Are you kidding? The chest is there but just much less pronounced cause here you are literally wearing a piece of rock and the rest of the silhouette is clearly feminine (waist, hips). If the characteristics were more pronounced it would be a stereotypical caricature.

No, you're completely wrong and just imagining things: artificial boobies. There is absolutely no breast in that armor. Look at the profile view from the side, the photo in the middle. The chest is completely flat. I'm telling you dude, that's a 6 foot, 120 pound man in that armor in the photo.

@"Turin.6921" said:Are you kidding? The chest is there but just much less pronounced cause here you are literally wearing a piece of rock and the rest of the silhouette is clearly feminine (waist, hips). If the characteristics were more pronounced it would be a stereotypical caricature.

No, you're completely wrong and just imagining things: artificial boobies. There is absolutely no breast in that armor. Look at the profile view from the side, the photo in the middle. The chest is completely flat. I'm telling you dude, that's a 6 foot, 120 pound man in that armor in the photo.

Yeah a man with a slim waist and wide hips. You have a really narrow idea of what femininity is if it only revolves around the chest.

@Turin.6921 said:Yeah a man with a slim waist and wide hips. You have a really narrow idea of what femininity is if it only revolves around the chest.

There's a lot of fit men with a slim waist. The hip in the photo is not wide, it's the kilt you're mistakenly staring at. And I can tell you for a fact a big part of what makes a woman feminine are breasts on a woman, something you refuse to notice that armor is lacking.

@Bolero Bloodreign.9025 said:There's a lot of fit men with a slim waist. The hip in the photo is not wide, it's the kilt you're mistakenly staring at. And I can tell you for a fact a big part of what makes a woman feminine are breasts on a woman, something you refuse to notice that armor is lacking.

Stop confusing “femininity” with the gender of being Female.What makes a woman/man “feminine” is demeanor, not boobs.

Should they stop creating any kind of armor simply because it is not to someone's or some group's liking? Certainly not, as far as I am concerned.I am all for diversity in their design to please most everyone. However, it quite often seems to come down to the designers' preferences. Men focus on different things than women and vise versa. There is also this love for coats and "butt-capes" which I just don't get myself but I won't ask them to "stop making those" as others might enjoy them.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Bolero Bloodreign.9025 said:There's a lot of fit men with a slim waist. The hip in the photo is not wide, it's the kilt you're mistakenly staring at.
And I can tell you for a fact a big part of what makes a woman feminine are breasts on a woman
, something you refuse to notice that armor is lacking.

Stop confusing “femininity” with the gender of being Female.What makes a woman/man “feminine” is demeanor, not boobs.

I totally disagree. When you're completely covered up in that armor, there is not such thing as demeanor between a man and a woman.

@Turin.6921 said:

@Bolero Bloodreign.9025 said:And I can tell you for a fact a big part of what makes a woman feminine are breasts on a woman, something you refuse to notice that armor is lacking.

I will just assume you are a teenager.

You assume wrong. I just don't share your style and taste when it comes to female armors. I like them to look feminine.

@Avelynn.2691 said:

No one with a brain would use bows when pistols and rifles exist, yet here we are. What's your point? If I wanted realism I'd you know, go outside.

Historically, firearms in Western warfare date to the 13th century, but they didn't start becoming common until the Renaissance. Bows stuck around in armies long after that, into the 17th century in some countries, due to their higher rate of fire and ability to fire indirectly. In the 15th-16th centuries especially, it was common for archers and hand-gunners to fight side by side in the same army. Just saying.

@Bolero Bloodreign.9025 said:There's a lot of fit men with a slim waist. The hip in the photo is not wide, it's the kilt you're mistakenly staring at.
And I can tell you for a fact a big part of what makes a woman feminine are breasts on a woman
, something you refuse to notice that armor is lacking.

I totally disagree. When you're completely covered up in that armor, there is not such thing as demeanor between a man and a woman.

Are you saying that with both male and female with the same armour, you can only them apart because of the bust?

What if a man had moobs? Would that be feminim to you?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Are you saying that with both male and female with the same armour, you can only them apart because of the bust?

You sound sexually disoriented. Would you make armors with boobs for men and flat for women? Do you realized Arnold Shwarzenegger in the movie Red Sonja had bigger boobs than Bridgette Nielson. Do you think he as Conan the Barbarian is more feminine than her?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Are you saying that with both male and female with the same armour, you can only them apart because of the bust?

You sound sexually disoriented. Would you make armors with boobs for men and flat for women? Do you realized Arnold Shwarzenegger in the movie Red Sonja had bigger boobs than Bridgette Nielson. Do you think he as Conan the Barbarian is more feminine than her?

Not at all, I was just replying to your silly comment with my silly comment.

As far as I can remember there are no high heels in the game. There are slightly elevated heels of the kind that has been used by everyone with a decent pair of shoes for the last few hundred years. Heck most heels in the game are so short that they look similar to the ones on contemporary leather shoes used by many men. A heel isn't automatically a high heel just because it's visible.

@Bolero Bloodreign.9025 said:And I can tell you for a fact a big part of what makes a woman feminine are breasts on a woman, something you refuse to notice that armor is lacking.

I will just assume you are a teenager.

You assume wrong. I just don't share your style and taste when it comes to female armors. I like them to look feminine.

Wait the only thing that signifies femininity on a design to you is boobs? Do not get me wrong i like boobs like any other straight guy but thats its? Boobs or nothing? That is a really narrow definition of the idea of femininity that i would not expect to see that on any person besides the horny teenager . And that is not a just matter of taste.