"I'd Really Like this..." - New Gifting Strangers

Alatar.7364

@Linken.6345 said:

@cyradil.7309 said:Hello!I'm currently working on the ascended gear of my healing tempest... but unfortunately i just dont have enough gold/materials for it and it would took years for me to farm this since i'm very busy with working and school stuff and i still need to lvl up the profession for it:(Any donations would be great <3 (materials or gold for lvl up the profession)

Sorry for being rude but you needed ascended why? If your so busy that you cant get the money to craft or play the content that drop boxes/items (raids/fractals) I cant see why you would need it over exotics since by your lack of time you probabely dont play said conent that need the ascended anyway.

This thread is for people to ask for what they want as a one time request. It has nothing to do with what you think they should need or how you think they spend their time in game mate.

Hey community. I've recently stumbled upon this thread and I too have a wish I'd really like to be fulfilled, as some sort of christmas present. Over the years I've amassed over a hundred blacklion chests, but keys are quite hard to come by, so:I'd really like to have 100 keys. Right now I'm at 0/100Every single key donation would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I'm on the EU server.Thank you for even considering helping out.

Skritt's currently facing hard times. And skritt would like to get something that lets other skritt harvest things. So if someone is benevolent enough to gift me the Glitter Bomb Harvesting Tool, skritt would be happy for at least one gift this Wintersday. If you can help me out in a pinch, I'll be sure to update and giving you many thanks!

EDIT: Due to outside influence, I had actually gotten a means to acquire this item tomrrow, so this post is pointless! All considerers, I'm sure others would like something. <3

Ahai!

I'll try to keep this brief: I would love to have some help with the Mini Jackal Pup Collection. I need 229 Mini Yellow Jackal Pups to craft all the types. I'm a completionist and achievement hunter, and these costly collections are a little too far beyond what I have in my pocket. Thus I am here, asking and hoping for some help.

Mini Yellow Jackal Pups - 60/229

With many thanks to:

• Crashburntoo.7431 for 10 Mini Yellow Jackal Pups!
  • StinVec.3621 for 40 + 10 Mini Yellow Jackal Pups!

With patient hope,Uon.

Hello everyone! I am new here and made my warrior level 80 recently. I am currently doing living world season 2.

I would really appreciate if you can help me with a good accessory that I can use for my further journey or an item that will give me a boost on my bank gold!

Thanks a lot! Please mention if you are fine if I disclose your name here in my thank you message :-)

Greetings!

I was very interested in making the Requiem Armor, but it happened that I'm short on some of the materials for the collection... In specific, Sigils of Nullification and Amalgamated Gemstones. What I currently have is:

5/25 Sigils of Nullification20/20 Amalgamated Gemstones

Thank you in advance.

Edit: 7 Amalgamated Gemstones donated by one person13 Amalgamated Gemstones and 5 Sigils of Nullification donated by another player

I desire a Twilight, I've been playing for a while now, starting around 2013-2014. I've always tried saving up enough gold to buy one as I never had the time to commit to getting all of the materials. Then one day I decided to start saving every penny I got. I formed up around 750 ish gold. I then took a break, came back to my account being hacked and all my gold taken. This is only what I desire.

@firepool.9170 said:I desire a Twilight, I've been playing for a while now, starting around 2013-2014. I've always tried saving up enough gold to buy one as I never had the time to commit to getting all of the materials. Then one day I decided to start saving every penny I got. I formed up around 750 ish gold. I then took a break, came back to my account being hacked and all my gold taken. This is only what I desire.

Thats when you talk to support, on a side note how did you access the account without contacting them anyway since hackers usualy change your password aswell.You sure it wasent a family member playing a prank on you like a big brother?

I still browse and enjoy giving what I can. If the request is well beyond my means (and many others), the person requesting simply risks never seeing that request fulfilled. I've been thanked in some instances and not in others. That's not why I give, so I'm okay.

Let's keep this thread going, certainly at this time of year, though generosity should have no season.

@crashburntoo.7431 said:I still browse and enjoy giving what I can. If the request is well beyond my means (and many others), the person requesting simply risks never seeing that request fulfilled. I've been thanked in some instances and not in others. That's not why I give, so I'm okay.

Let's keep this thread going, certainly at this time of year, though generosity should have no season.

So true.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@crashburntoo.7431 said:I still browse and enjoy giving what I can. If the request is well beyond my means (and many others), the person requesting simply risks never seeing that request fulfilled. I've been thanked in some instances and not in others. That's not why I give, so I'm okay.

So true.

Indeed!

@"mindcircus.1506" said:So after :

1. Participating in this thread by helping one of the requests out and never hearing so much as a thank you
  2. Now reading the requests for gifts of Legendary Weapons and 100 BL keys

I move that this thread be closed.The requests are straight up ridiculous. It's not people asking for help.

Though there are desires posted by individuals that many can agree are unlikely to ever be fulfilled, these posts are a minority of the many desires shared by others. Just because you and/or others may not like seeing such items being requested is not valid justification for this friendly community resource to be removed from being available for the majority of players looking for genuine assistance or removed from those who look to provide assistance to those with desires they are able to assist with.

If you don't like seeing such "ridiculous" desires posted and are displeased with not being thanked for assistance you've provided in the past (a risk you take when providing help to others - here and in non-gaming daily life), you are perfectly free to no longer look to assist others posting here, as well as to no longer browse this thread at all.

Recommending that all those who enjoy providing assistance to other's via this resource when/if they are able to should no longer be free to do so simply because you are displeased that others cannot be forced to say 'thank you' when they receive something is flawed reasoning.

• If you are displeased that an individual -which you are helping of your own free will- is also free to not express gratitude of any kind for assistance they may receive, I move that you reassess the root of your motivation to help others and potentially reconsider your desire to participate in this community resource.
  • One cannot force someone to appreciate something, let alone to express appreciation openly if they do appreciate it. Accept the fact that they have free will to not express appreciation, just as you have free will to choose to send them a gift. Either continue helping others knowing that you might not be thanked, or stop looking to help others via this resource.

Recommending that all those who utilize this resource as intended (the majority) should no longer be free to do so simply because there are some who post desires that are unlikely to ever be fulfilled (the minority) is flawed reasoning.

• If you do not like seeing them, stop looking at the thread. Simple as that. Others are perfectly capable of looking past desires that they feel are unrealistic or that they are incapable of assisting with at the time. Look past those desire posts as well or stop reading desire posts in this thread completely, the choice is up to you.

Regarding your not receiving a 'thank you':If receiving an expression of appreciation for your assistance is an important aspect of why you look to offer help to others, perhaps reassess the criteria for which you base who will receive your assistance to avoid helping someone who may not be likely to express appreciation for your help:

• How is their desire post worded? - Did it follow the posting guidelines and does it seem like a genuine desire or plea for assistance and not someone looking to abuse this resource out of greed? If it doesn't follow the posting guidelines, they probably couldn't be bothered to even read the OP and stickied post and were just coming here to post what they want to get something free and never plan to return again. If they can't even be bothered to read the Op/sticky or be bothered to respect the posted guidelines for proper participation in this thread, they likely also couldn't be bothered to come back in the future to update their post to mark it as fulfilled, let alone to express gratitude for receiving assistance.
  • What is their posting history on the forums? - Are they still only a 1 star forum member that will prevent them from being able to edit their post to mark it as fulfilled and to say thank you, or is their desire post their first and only post made on the forums? This could indicate no intention to ever return to the forums. Coupled with disregarding the posting guidelines for proper participation in this thread, this is a very good indicator that they have no intention of coming back and simply came to the thread to post that they want some item or another but really only want it if someone else pays for it and that a 'thank you' to the gifter should also not be expected from them if their desire were to be fulfilled.
  • When you did not receive a thank you, was it a gem store item you gifted them? Keep in mind that gifting items via gem store does not inform the recipient of who gifted the item. If you gift someone an item via gem store, be sure to also send an in-game mail to inform them that you are the one who gifted it, otherwise they will have no idea who gifted them the item, so obviously would have no idea who to say 'thank you' to. Coupled with the previous note, even if they did return to the forums and were not just looking for free stuff, they wouldn't be able to edit their post to leave a thank you to an anonymous donor. (of course they could leave a second comment saying thank you, but that also goes against the posting guidelines, so again, likely didn't read the OP or simply didn't care what it said).
  • Better yet, consider adopting the personal requirement that you first converse directly with an individual while they are online so you can talk with them about what they desire and see if they even still desire it before you send any gifts to them. - Do not blindly gift an offline individual and assume they will be logging into the game within some minutes, hours or days (some players post desires for assistance acquiring some items because of a lack of time to play, so it could be days or weeks between logins, and possibly even longer in some cases)

(Wording of my sentences may not be the best, my apologies. I can rephrase or elaborate on thoughts if desired for better clarity.)

(edit: elaborated on a tip for avoiding assisting someone who is unlikely to actually desire assistance, and who may simply be posting for greed, thus is also unlikely to express appreciation for any assistance they may receive)

@Jeknar.6184 said:Greetings!

I was very interested in making the Requiem Armor, but it happened that I'm short on some of the materials for the collection... In specific, Sigils of Nullification and Amalgamated Gemstones. So what I need is:

25 Sigils of Nullification20 Amalgamated Gemstones

Thank you in advance.

Greetings! I see that your post has received a thumbs up, which denotes someone having provided you with some partial assistance. However, your post has not been marked as having been edited, so your original amounts are still posted.

I understand that it is the holidays and things could be quite busy, but if you would be kind enough to edit your post when you are able to in order to show how many are still needed (if any are still needed), I would like to see if I can possibly provide additional assistance with the items (again, if any are still needed). Adding the received amount preceding the desired total amount would be appreciated when you are able to if you are still in need of more (e.g. 10/25 Sigils, 5/20 Gemstones).

@StinVec.3621 said:

I was very interested in making the Requiem Armor, but it happened that I'm short on some of the materials for the collection... In specific, Sigils of Nullification and Amalgamated Gemstones. So what I need is:

Thank you in advance.

Greetings! I see that your post has received a thumbs up, which denotes someone having provided you with some partial assistance. However, your post has not been marked as having been edited, so your original amounts are still posted.

I understand that it is the holidays and things could be quite busy, but if you would be kind enough to edit your post when you are able to in order to show how many are still needed (if any are still needed), I would like to see if I can possibly provide additional assistance with the items (again, if any are still needed). Adding the received amount preceding the desired total amount would be appreciated when you are able to if you are still in need of more (e.g. 10/25 Sigils, 5/20 Gemstones).

Hello. Yes, I have been away for the past 3 days and didn't noticed. I added the partial donation I have received to the original post.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Thank you in advance.

Hello. Yes, I have been away for the past 3 days and didn't noticed. I added the partial donation I have received to the original post.

Oh! I didn't expect a response that quickly at all due to holiday stuff. :) Thank you very much!I hope you have had a nice holiday!

I have been wanting to buy shrine guardian jackal skin for a while. It is in gem store right now. I cleaned my material storage and I was able to gather around 350 gold. I think the gold to gem conversion for 2000 gems is around 685 gold. I would like if I receive some help over this and I will return the gold as liquid gold or mc in few weeks :) Thank you in advance.

@SLOTH.8029 said:I have been wanting to buy shrine guardian jackal skin for a while. It is in gem store right now. I cleaned my material storage and I was able to gather around 350 gold. I think the gold to gem conversion for 2000 gems is around 685 gold. I would like if I receive some help over this and I will return the gold as liquid gold or mc in few weeks :) Thank you in advance.

I will close the request once I can edit :3 I happen to sell some time gated materials and farmed some silverwastes as well. Bought 1600 gems. Just need 400 gems. I guess I can afford it in 3 days. Thank you o/

Well, got this one man guild of mine, that's slowly but steadily growing (guild hall) and I wanna stay on course but my other goals (legendary gear for full build freedom - i'm offmeta player) keep me in the pits with that.

So one thing i would like is to get some silverwastes shovels for all those guild mine upgrades cause i sure as hell can't grind them up alone anytime soon. To fully be done with guild mine (though it'll take some time) i'll need 480 (forgot i had 20 deposited already) shovels in total.Other then that, nice pvp-ing or pve-ing guild mates would be nice as well, assuming they are ok with guild being small and getting dragged into occassional mad offmeta experiments!

I can post thanks here, but since shovels will require us to meet ingame (you gotta drop'em in my guild treasury yourself) you're quite likely to get thanked at that time ;)

Current shovel counter: 30/500.

First person donated. Thanks for 10 shovels:)

Desire: A guild that focuses on helping players in PVE content and probably either (raiding and fractals)a name change scroll or character expansion slot would help me get back into the game. I feel lost playing my old characters and playing them just doesn't feel right anymore but I can't abandon their gears.Server: I'm currently in Tarnished Coast.

I thought of so many 'things' in game that I wanted, and even though I'm not particularly greedy, those things wouldn't really increase my enjoyment of the game much. They'd just make the acquisition process easier and shorter. What would increase my enjoyment of the game, however, is being better at it. So....

Desire: a bit of hands-on training on PvP (which I haven't set foot into yet), and PvE. I don't think I'm a terrible player, but I wouldn't consider myself good. I know there are countless videos/guides online, but for the life of me I can't translate watching/reading into gameplay.

Server: NA (considering moving to EU due to working nights)

Hey man,I'd love to give you some pvp and pve advice, in chat or in a voice channel :)I've played since short after launch, made thousands of thousands of pvp games and the majority of the available pve content (except for the achievement hunting).I'm usually only from 8pm-0am, everyday.You can write me here or in-game if you are looking for a mentor :)GreetingsJoker

In-game: DerJoker.9081

I'm on EU though :/

• 5 weeks later...

@Arjun.1362 said:Hello everyone! I am new here and made my warrior level 80 recently. I am currently doing living world season 2.

I would really appreciate if you can help me with a good accessory that I can use for my further journey or an item that will give me a boost on my bank gold!

Thanks a lot! Please mention if you are fine if I disclose your name here in my thank you message :-)

Hi Arjun...I've been away a while from the thread, and just saw your request. I'd like some more details on what you need. You posted right before my birthday, and I would like to be able to help you out! :)

Are you looking for exotic trinkets (pendant, rings, accessories)?If so, what stat combination are you looking for? (Remember, some stat combos cannot be traded and are account bound on creation. Check the wiki for the one you need to make sure it can be traded.)I have a max level Jeweler, and probably most materials to make any exotic stat combo that can be traded. So if you let me know some details, I would be glad to help you out. :)