Skirmish claim ticket system needs to be reworked

hammu.1752

Once upon a time there were next to no rewards in WvW. People played because they enjoyed it; whether scouting, roaming, raiding or zerging. Or some of each, like me. Seems to me, the more rewards that ANet has introduced into the game mode, the more people are complaining about the reward structure. How about we go back to no rewards, and you pay gold for upgrades again. I was fine with that. If it's etherial bits of crap that makes people still play then WvW might as well die anyway. And, ANet, let's have another tournament, show these bling obsessed, safe-space, snowflake, #givemethingsforever, Millennials what WvW is really all about.

It's suffering btw. But in a good way. Like life.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Horace.3184 said:

Skirmish claim tickets don't drop enough and all the time, that's the big problem.  I've gone too long without getting any and at the current rate, I'll be forced over to FF14.

Skirmish tickets are from the skirmish reward track not drops, and you get a limited amount every week...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

Forced over to FF14 for what? they don't have wvw.. if you're only in wvw for gear maybe you're in the wrong section?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Horace.3184 said:

Skirmish claim tickets don't drop enough and all the time, that's the big problem.  I've gone too long without getting any and at the current rate, I'll be forced over to FF14.

Maybe you will get more ticket drops if you make the font bigger.  
(INB4 the obligatory ‘why necro a three year old thread’ reply)

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Horace.3184 said:

First, tickets do not drop.

Second, there was an increase in pip gain per tick across the board for all players. This reduces the time required, especially at lower ranks, to acquire tickets via skirmish chests.

At the same time, the amount of tickets per week were unchanged.

This should be a clear indicator that the developers are currently both careful in adjusting tickets/week and ticket/time gain as well as satisfied with the current progression in place.

Also, nice necro. Did you have to dig deep to find this 2 year old thread?

Edited by Cyninja.2954