Black Lion Trading Post: Difficulty selling [Merged]

kathy.8291

@Dying Oblivion.8296 said:Problem still exists. I cant believe its taken them longer then a month to get to the bottom of this. the previous update kinda worked it was still laggy but a great improvement over the update that changed all the things with sigils or runes. Now its almost back to the same level. I just waiting for 5 seconds for items to be placed on the market every time i put something up.

The sheer amount of code in a game this large and you cant believe it takes awhile to find a bug? jesus they have bugs that they cant track down that have existed from launch, and so do many of the other large MMOs. Im experiencing this bug myself but i also know that anet doesnt always put out what bugs theyve found and fixed.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

Our QA Team reached out to the Web Team to ask them to investigate what's causing the delays you've been experiencing.

Please do continue to report when you have issues, and if you discover any work-around -- save waiting and trying again, of course ;) -- please share them in this thread. We apologize for the inconvenience and delay!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Our QA Team reached out to the Web Team to ask them to investigate what's causing the delays you've been experiencing.

Please do continue to report when you have issues, and if you discover any work-around -- save waiting and trying again, of course ;) -- please share them in this thread. We apologize for the inconvenience and delay!

its every time i log in to GW2. Without fail. Been happening for a long time now.

@Dying Oblivion.8296 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Our QA Team reached out to the Web Team to ask them to investigate what's causing the delays you've been experiencing.

its every time i log in to GW2. Without fail. Been happening for a long time now.

Yup this, the last 3-4 patches have only made it worse, and its gotten bad enough that ive had items vanish into thin air due to the lag, no money earned, items not in my sold items, but the item itself is gone from my inventory.

I recorded a video of the issue, sorry for the HORRIBLE quality, I'm not familiar with recording stuff but I hope this helps a bit... :) It shows the problem: some items sell crazy fast but some take FOREVER! Gameplay is smooth, no lag, no disconnections, steady 60-80 ping, EU servers! This has been an issue for weeks.

https://youtu.be/iEyfEp8fOsY

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Please do continue to report when you have issues

Bug reporting is a little confusing. We have 3 ways of doing it. Support ticket, ingame report and forum. Which are we suppose to do first? Or all at the same time?

There's lots of bugs I told Support and ingame about, and they never were fixed. Like white lines and invisible buildings in the wvw map on reset. A missing cat in my home instance. Asura dragonhunters get obstructed error when shooting lots of things in wvw. And Path of Fire deleted all my Heart of Thorns mails including Master Brewer, raid and dungeon ones

I have been getting these delay spikes/errors when I sell on the TP. Sometimes it happens after a few successful tries but I've seen it happen on the first sell on the TP. Not sure when I first experienced this but a rough estimate would be about 3-4 weeks ago.

@Gaile Gray.6029

I would just like to say, with the last patch there has been a HUGE improvement. Like i cant even begin to quantify how much of a slogfest that the TP was compared to how it is now. Night and day difference!

Occasionally it does seem to lag out and im stuck waiting for my items to go up on TP or when i place a buy order but its a MASSIVE improvement to how it was previously. maybe the web team need to tweak a bit more.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Jura.2170 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Please do continue to report when you have issues

Bug reporting is a little confusing. We have 3 ways of doing it. Support ticket, ingame report and forum. Which are we suppose to do first? Or all at the same time?

There's lots of bugs I told Support and ingame about, and they never were fixed. Like white lines and invisible buildings in the wvw map on reset. A missing cat in my home instance. Asura dragonhunters get obstructed error when shooting lots of things in wvw. And Path of Fire deleted all my Heart of Thorns mails including Master Brewer, raid and dungeon ones

You ask a good question. I occasionally am able to view threads with an eye to emerging issues, and because I noted a number of posts from different people, I joined the thread. For the most part, the best way to report in-game issues is through the in-game report system. However, for this, I would recommend a CS ticket. It never hurts to submit a ticket, and it often is the best way to bring a bug, issue, or concern to our attention. Having said that, I'm going to escalate this thread to QA because new posts continue to come in, and I think there definitely may be something they can attempt in order to replicate this bug.

• ArenaNet Staff

I have a few ideas of details that you might share to help QA investigate the issue:

• Where are you located?
  • Are you trying to buy, sell, or both?
  • Did the situation improve with the 11 December build? If so, in what way. (For example, "buying is easier, but selling is difficult" or "Selling is easier, but I can't seem to put in a buy order at all" or that sort of thing.)
  • Would you consider this pretty much resolved, or do you feel there still are issues?

Thanks so much!

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I have a few ideas of details that you might share to help QA investigate the issue:

• Where are you located?NA, west coast. The rest of the game doesn't 'hiccup'

• Are you trying to buy, sell, or both?Happens with both. Takes longer to wait for items to be looked up, long for a selected price to come up for confirmation, longer to confirm.

• Did the situation improve with the 11 December build? If so, in what way. (For example, "buying is easier, but selling is difficult" or "Selling is easier, but I can't seem to put in a buy order at all" or that sort of thing.)No change.

• Would you consider this pretty much resolved, or do you feel there still are issues?Unresolved. For me, this started with the announcement of the changes to runes|sigils (not the actual change, just the blog post announcing it). Even before then, the TP was intermittently slow. Now it's mittently slow (i.e. it's pretty much 24/7 now, instead of just sometimes).

Clearing the cache doesn't improve things. I also experience the issues on multiple computers.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

• Where are you located?Berlin, Germany. No other known performance issues.
  • Are you trying to buy, sell, or both?Both. Both price lookup and putting in a sell or buy listing are affected. Things may go smoothly for a few items, and then there will be a few actions that take multiple seconds to complete. The delay is basically guaranteed to happen when during that action something else lands in the TP pickup tray, i.e. a sell or buy order is partially filled. But the delay can also happen outside of these circumstances.
  • Did the situation improve with the 11 December build? If so, in what way. (For example, "buying is easier, but selling is difficult" or "Selling is easier, but I can't seem to put in a buy order at all" or that sort of thing.)No appreciable change.
  • Would you consider this pretty much resolved, or do you feel there still are issues?Unresolved.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

• Where are you located?USA East coast, S FL
  • Are you trying to buy, sell, or both?both (doesn't seem item related)
  • Did the situation improve with the 11 December build? If so, in what way. (For example, "buying is easier, but selling is difficult" or "Selling is easier, but I can't seem to put in a buy order at all" or that sort of thing.)Buying and selling are still delayed
  • Would you consider this pretty much resolved, or do you feel there still are issues?Still a significant issue. I thought it was an alternate method for 'too many sales within a short time'. After I stumbled on this post, it seems like it's a bug(or badly tuned change) since it affects buying and selling.

Incidently, I often see a significant delay clicking a gathering tool for equip/swap or putting an item into my bank from inventory.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I have a few ideas of details that you might share to help QA investigate the issue:

• Where are you located?California
  • Are you trying to buy, sell, or both?sell
  • Did the situation improve with the 11 December build? If so, in what way. (For example, "buying is easier, but selling is difficult" or "Selling is easier, but I can't seem to put in a buy order at all" or that sort of thing.)Nope, the same as before. Still randomly getting the "error" window even on the first sell. Sometimes that error window pops up 5 times for the same item, even if it's the first item I am trying to sell.
  • Would you consider this pretty much resolved, or do you feel there still are issues?Not resolved.

Thanks so much!