Could you please stop making high heels and skimpy armor for females?

@"Gaile Gray.6029" As someone who plays exclusively female characters (and wages Fashion Wars pretty hard), I had a couple suggestions. I spent a lot of time choosing my Charr fur pattern and coloration, but I haven't found many styles of clothing to allow my charr to show off her beautiful pattern! I would love some more medium armor top options that aren't trench coats. We also seem to have a lack of shorts as a style in any armor weight. Light and Medium styles of shorts would be fantastic! Lastly, I've only found two sets of heavy female boots in the game that I like, and one of those are the Invisible boots lol. Having some "gladiatorial" type boots at the heavy weight that show a little more skin would be appreciated. Thanks for all you do for the Forums!

• 1 year later...

LOL.

Please do not even start this kind of thread. this is really weird.

If you need some specific type of armorset/outfit, then ask anet to make them. what is your intention for 'please stop making?'

There are people who wants more feminine/skimpy armor and there are people who wants more realistic(as they think. I don't get whats is realistic in fantasy world.) things.

Well, but in my opinion

The design DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL in artificial world. just the description of it needs to be probable.

So Anet, just make something can be sold, put the all the whining about 'realism' aside, and spend earned money to improve game system and environment.

We all know which type of armor set/outfit will be sold more and give more profit to Anet.

I do not play female char in any game AT ALL. but I am fine with seeing the female char in bikini in divinity's reach. and will not care about the same thing on male char.

If you want something, then ask for it. please do not ask them to stop if it does not affect you.

and remember. GW2 is business. and business tend to follow profits.

@"Clavis.2105" said:Please do not even start this kind of thread. this is really weird.

Sure. Asking for less sexism and more "I want my female hero to look cool, too, not like a fragile little princess or someone who does certain things for money" is "weird."

If you need some specific type of armorset/outfit, then ask anet to make them. what is your intention for 'please stop making?'

The title of this thread is "Could you please stop [...]?", which is a polite question, not a command. The intention is to transport the message in a short phrase, not write a novel for a title.

There are people who wants more feminine/skimpy armor

Then there should be an equal amount for male characters. Since there is not, I call it sexist.

and there are people who wants more realistic(as they think. I don't get whats is realistic in fantasy world.) things. [...]

That's the most common response: "I have no real arguments, so I'll make fun of the use of the term 'realistic' in a fantasy game, hah hah." Only people who don't get it will respond in that fashion.

"Realistic" doesn't mean "abides by the real world rules of physics", but "abides by the rules of common logic." No adventurer stumbles through fights in high-heels or is protected by skimpy armor. It looks silly and - most importantly (and that's the actual point here!) - sexist, and that's that. If you don't get it, well, that is not my fault nor my problem. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. ;)