A Good Substitute for Marauder Stats?

Isle of Stars.3049

The only other stat that comes close to marauder in my opinion is valkyrie. It lacks the precision stat, but offers more power, vitality and ferocity. All you have to do from there is to buy/craft precision food to compensate for the lack of precision in valkyrie stats.

@Isle of Stars.3049 said:Quick question for WvW specific build as I am running a Core S/D Thief. The only problem that I have is my back item doesn't have Marauder stats available. Any advise for a good substitute is highly appreciated, thanks.

One backpack only generates 52 Power & Precision, 27 Vitality & Ferocity. That's barely enough to matter. Decide which three are most important to you and choose the stat that has those.

Since you didn't say which stats you had available, let's presume it's Core only, with 63 primary and 40 to the secondaries

• Valk covers Power & Ferocity|Vitality
  • An aggressive choice is Assassin's has Precision + Power|Ferocity (for more crits) or Zerk's Power + Precision|Ferocity for more damage
  • A defensive choice (not recommended) is soldier's with Power + Toughness|Vitality
  • Like 1

Marauder is always superior with the changes they made to utility foods and how they convert. Kinda sad we went from three viable options to one.

That said it depends on your crit chance and what you're doing. You won't notice huge gains being on celestial already, and the berserker+valkyrie hybrid is probably the cloest thing to marauder you'll find without strictly opting for marauder.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Marauder is always superior with the changes they made to utility foods and how they convert.

But the OP is talking about a single item: their back piece. It simply isn't going to make that big a difference to use something else in that slot, until they can farm some LS3 mats to buy e.g. a Relic of [insert your favorite god] or an Icebrood Horn. (Even counting foods and conversions.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Isle of Stars.3049 said:Quick question for WvW specific build as I am running a Core S/D Thief. The only problem that I have is my back item doesn't have Marauder stats available. Any advise for a good substitute is highly appreciated, thanks.

One backpack only generates 52 Power & Precision, 27 Vitality & Ferocity. That's barely enough to matter. Decide which three are most important to you and choose the stat that has those.

Since you didn't say which stats you had available, let's presume it's Core only, with 63 primary and 40 to the secondaries
  • An aggressive choice is Assassin's has Precision + Power|Ferocity (for more crits) or Zerk's Power + Precision|Ferocity for more damage
  • A defensive choice (not recommended) is soldier's with Power + Toughness|Vitality

I have enough PvP League Tickets to cover for the four required wings of the Wings of Ascension back item and keen on combining it once I get an access to the game. While still away, I checked the wiki for the stats of the said back item and discovered that Marauder is not available.

@Isle of Stars.3049 said:

I have enough PvP League Tickets to cover for the four required wings of the Wings of Ascension back item and keen on combining it once I get an access to the game. While still away, I checked the wiki for the stats of the said back item and discovered that Marauder is not available.

The point is: it doesn't matter that much. It's very little difference in stats. If you want to match power & precision, choose either Assassin's or Berserker's. If you want power & vitality, choose Valkyrie. You'll lose 10-15 points on one stat, gain about the same in another, gain the same in a third, and be without 27 points in the fourth.

It's not nothing; it's just not enough that it matters all that much.

Alternatively, you can spend a little time in one of the LS3 maps to farm one of the other back items I mentioned in another post and get a backpack that does have Marauder's, then reskin it to Wings of Ascension. Once you upgrade the Wings, you'll be able to choose whatever you like.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

The point is: it doesn't matter that much. It's very little difference in stats. If you want to match power & precision, choose either Assassin's or Berserker's. If you want power & vitality, choose Valkyrie. You'll lose 10-15 points on one stat, gain about the same in another, gain the same in a third, and be without 27 points in the fourth.

It's not nothing; it's just not enough that it matters all that much.

Alternatively, you can spend a little time in one of the LS3 maps to farm one of the other back items I mentioned in another post and get a backpack that does have Marauder's, then reskin it to
Wings of Ascension
. Once you upgrade the Wings, you'll be able to choose whatever you like.

No, thanks for the advise; I'm fine with the PvP back item as I don't have much time to get online and farm LW S3. I find the Valkyrie stats much suitable then just go with consumables to get over with the minor loss of other stats.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I have celestial for my backpiece, mostly as I'm too lazy to change it. Good all round choice.

Just do the winterberry reward track a few times and blammo, new stuff.

Yeah, I like my Mawdrey tho haha. Also I swap between power, hybrid and condi a lot, and I have celestial infusions in it, it just makes things simpler not having to bother changing it when I change build. Tbh the stat difference on a backpiece is pretty small anyways.

• 2 years later...
On 5/7/2021 at 10:37 PM, bellabia.5091 said:

What is it?

That is literally what it is called and you can only find it on ascended accessories. It has more power and ferocity but slightly less precision and negligible vitality.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Most end game gear with selectable stats will have it as an option.

Edited by Zacchary.6183

2 hours ago, bellabia.5091 said:

What is it?

You know how exotic amulets are actually amulet + jewel, while ascended amulets combine both those stats into one item?

Ok, so imagine you got an exotic berserker amulet and put a valkyrie jewel in it. That's what you're getting, basically. Note that this *isn't* a "four-stat" item, it's a mish-mash item emulating having two different kinds of three-stat items glued together. So the total stat value is less. (But you do get some nice Power out of it, equivalent to a pure Berserker trinket.)

It's basically just "what if like 20% of your Precision was Vitality instead."

Example: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bud_of_the_Pale_Tree

The difference between a Berserker back and a Marauder back is about 300 hp. (And like 0.5% crit chance turning into 1% crit damage.)

Ascended stats: +63 Power, +40 Precision, +40 Ferocity vs. +52 Power, +52 Precision, +27 Ferocity, +27 Vitality.

Might be something to worry about once you've fine-tuned and maxed-out every bit of gear, but if you're just trying to have a generally viable Power build that will get you decent damage and survivability, either will work just fine.

Don't bother with Assassin or Valkyrie stats, imo, unless you have a very specific build goal you can't reach otherwise.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

The difference between a Berserker back and a Marauder back is about 300 hp. (And like 0.5% crit chance turning into 1% crit damage.)

Ascended stats: +63 Power, +40 Precision, +40 Ferocity vs. +52 Power, +52 Precision, +27 Ferocity, +27 Vitality.

Might be something to worry about once you've fine-tuned and maxed-out every bit of gear, but if you're just trying to have a generally viable Power build that will get you decent damage and survivability, either will work just fine.

Don't bother with Assassin or Valkyrie stats, imo, unless you have a very specific build goal you can't reach otherwise.

Wow, this is an old thread xD

Valk has it's uses, but I'd only run it if you plan on going full valk and using hidden killer or daredevil runes. Like you said, specific build goals etc.