dolyak stance BUFF — Guild Wars 2 Forums

dolyak stance BUFF

from notes:

Additionally, soulbeasts are currently overperforming in competitive game modes, so we're lowering the power of some of the skills used in their builds. We also took this opportunity to enhance a few of their weaker stances.

Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

trollnet strikes again folks

you don't know till you know, ya know.

Comments

  • Hasn't the cooldown gone up as well? By like 10 secs? I play a soulbeast and I agree with the changes. The stances did require a higher cd as soulbeast was becoming a duelist class and a roamer. Now with the nerfs, soulbeasts have less of a chance to face tank and have to rely on juking even more. Granted, this patch makes the longbow more viable.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

    @Tazer.2157 said:
    Hasn't the cooldown gone up as well? By like 10 secs? I play a soulbeast and I agree with the changes. The stances did require a higher cd as soulbeast was becoming a duelist class and a roamer. Now with the nerfs, soulbeasts have less of a chance to face tank and have to rely on juking even more. Granted, this patch makes the longbow more viable.

    no lol but nice try. I didn't cut out anything. its moa stance that got a 15 sec cd increase.

    edit
    oh lol I guess im wrong. nvm.

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So what if soulbeast was becoming a duelist? Rangers don’t require to be range based,their rangers cuz they range off the land not because their archers who excel at range, if ranger ever lost a lot of its dueling potential a lot of the people including me would drop the class, nurfs were pretty fair this round tho

  • Dragonzhunter.8506Dragonzhunter.8506 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    from notes:

    Additionally, soulbeasts are currently overperforming in competitive game modes, so we're lowering the power of some of the skills used in their builds. We also took this opportunity to enhance a few of their weaker stances.

    Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

    trollnet strikes again folks

    I can't call this one a buff. Why? Because usual a boonbeast build, can stack more than 20 sec protection, and in synergy with Second skin, could have those 33% damages reduction.
    Usually you use Dolyak Stance when you need to defend yourself, so in the same time when you use protection ... if Second Skin 33% damage reduction for condi it will stack with 33% reduction from Dolyak Stance, so if, just if we get 66% damage reduction, yes, I can say that this is a big buff, otherwise, many times this 33% damage reduction it will be useless or let's say less helper than was Retaliation.

    But, in the same time, I can agree with you that if you can manage to use protection skills (and passive traits) and after these are on CD you use Dolyak Stance, yes, this could be called a real buff ...

  • shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

    It was a nerf. Both Moa Stance AND Dolyak Stance cd got increased to 40 seconds. Somehow, the DS cd increase got left out of the patch notes.

    The damage reduction on DS is a buff but the cd increases already reduced the strength of the meta build fairly significantly.

  • Dragonzhunter.8506Dragonzhunter.8506 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    It was a nerf. Both Moa Stance AND Dolyak Stance cd got increased to 40 seconds. Somehow, the DS cd increase got left out of the patch notes.

    The damage reduction on DS is a buff but the cd increases already reduced the strength of the meta build fairly significantly.

    Agree with you.
    Regarding Dolyak Stance, they didn't say anything about it CD, so wasn't left out 😀

  • Eleazar.9478Eleazar.9478 Member ✭✭✭

    Another thing griffon stance in games says it gives you super> @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    It was a nerf. Both Moa Stance AND Dolyak Stance cd got increased to 40 seconds. Somehow, the DS cd increase got left out of the patch notes.

    The damage reduction on DS is a buff but the cd increases already reduced the strength of the meta build fairly significantly.

    Agree with you.
    Regarding Dolyak Stance, they didn't say nothing about it CD, so wasn't left out 😀

    Griffon stance in game says it gives you superspeed but it doesn't work and it was lowered to a 30 sec cd

  • Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

    I believe Superspeed from Griffon is only on evade.

  • @Eleazar.9478 said:
    Another thing griffon stance in games says it gives you super> @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    It was a nerf. Both Moa Stance AND Dolyak Stance cd got increased to 40 seconds. Somehow, the DS cd increase got left out of the patch notes.

    The damage reduction on DS is a buff but the cd increases already reduced the strength of the meta build fairly significantly.

    Agree with you.
    Regarding Dolyak Stance, they didn't say anything about it CD, so wasn't left out 😀

    Griffon stance in game says it gives you superspeed but it doesn't work and it was lowered to a 30 sec cd

    Well, in the patch they didn't mention anything about superspeed, only about the casting time is no more instant and gives you 1 sec of evade.
    "Griffon Stance: This skill is no longer instant and now evades for 1 second in addition to its current effects."
    So probably in the game, it is a bug in the description.

  • Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

    @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

    @Eleazar.9478 said:
    Another thing griffon stance in games says it gives you super> @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    It was a nerf. Both Moa Stance AND Dolyak Stance cd got increased to 40 seconds. Somehow, the DS cd increase got left out of the patch notes.

    The damage reduction on DS is a buff but the cd increases already reduced the strength of the meta build fairly significantly.

    Agree with you.
    Regarding Dolyak Stance, they didn't say anything about it CD, so wasn't left out 😀

    Griffon stance in game says it gives you superspeed but it doesn't work and it was lowered to a 30 sec cd

    Well, in the patch they didn't mention anything about superspeed, only about the casting time is no more instant and gives you 1 sec of evade.
    "Griffon Stance: This skill is no longer instant and now evades for 1 second in addition to its current effects."
    So probably in the game, it is a bug in the description.

    Getting Superspeed only on evades while stance is active in WvW. So, if it's an effect of the stance, do allies also get all of it? The evade, the endurance, endurance regen, might and superspeed on evade?

  • Eleazar.9478Eleazar.9478 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

    @Eleazar.9478 said:
    Another thing griffon stance in games says it gives you super> @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    It was a nerf. Both Moa Stance AND Dolyak Stance cd got increased to 40 seconds. Somehow, the DS cd increase got left out of the patch notes.

    The damage reduction on DS is a buff but the cd increases already reduced the strength of the meta build fairly significantly.

    Agree with you.
    Regarding Dolyak Stance, they didn't say anything about it CD, so wasn't left out 😀

    Griffon stance in game says it gives you superspeed but it doesn't work and it was lowered to a 30 sec cd

    Well, in the patch they didn't mention anything about superspeed, only about the casting time is no more instant and gives you 1 sec of evade.
    "Griffon Stance: This skill is no longer instant and now evades for 1 second in addition to its current effects."
    So probably in the game, it is a bug in the description.

    Considering how they missed other stuff such as CD changes it may be bugged and didn't make it into the patch notes

  • Get protection (From anywhere) boom -66% condi ...xD

    A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

  • @shadowpass.4236 said:
    It was a nerf.

    LOL

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • Prophet.1584Prophet.1584 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shadowcat.2680 said:
    Did some impromptu testing in WvW to see how the damage reduction from Dolyak Stance interacts with that from protection (w/ Second Skin traited). It seems to stack for 66% damage reduction from both direct damage and conditions. All I did for the condition portion was step into the lava on the red map to test its burning ticks. With no protection and no Dolyak Stance, the burning ticked for 136. With both active it ticked for 46 instead. Likewise, the veteran bristlebacks in the middle of the map did 66% less direct damage (900 crits went to 300) with both active.

    If that had been added to Druid at least it would have made it a better WvW healer

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tinnel.4369 said:

    @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

    @Eleazar.9478 said:
    Another thing griffon stance in games says it gives you super> @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    It was a nerf. Both Moa Stance AND Dolyak Stance cd got increased to 40 seconds. Somehow, the DS cd increase got left out of the patch notes.

    The damage reduction on DS is a buff but the cd increases already reduced the strength of the meta build fairly significantly.

    Agree with you.
    Regarding Dolyak Stance, they didn't say anything about it CD, so wasn't left out 😀

    Griffon stance in game says it gives you superspeed but it doesn't work and it was lowered to a 30 sec cd

    Well, in the patch they didn't mention anything about superspeed, only about the casting time is no more instant and gives you 1 sec of evade.
    "Griffon Stance: This skill is no longer instant and now evades for 1 second in addition to its current effects."
    So probably in the game, it is a bug in the description.

    Getting Superspeed only on evades while stance is active in WvW. So, if it's an effect of the stance, do allies also get all of it? The evade, the endurance, endurance regen, might and superspeed on evade?

    Yes.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.