A sincere thank you for this patch — Guild Wars 2 Forums

A sincere thank you for this patch

I'll be the first to admit that I give Anet A LOT of kitten for their patches. I've had huge problems with almost every past patch because it never felt like they understood the game modes. BUT I can finally gladly say that this is the first patch that feels like a definitive step in the right direction, as well as shows they've at least started to understand the issues players have had with classes like warrior, holo or mesmer in wvw/pvp. Taking away traits/skills that had no counter or very limited reaction time, if any at all, and promoting more skillful play.

So while this will probably get buried, I would at least like to express my thanks for a wonderful winters-day patch, because everyone should be praised for their well doings. Even if it took a bit to get there. And I hope the rest of the community will express their thanks as well.

Happy Holidays, from a happy post-patch player.

PS: please keep up the good work. It's so much nicer to praise the company than having to be disappointed over poor direction.

Comments

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shejesa.3712 said:
    Huh, not sure whether you're sarcatic or not.

I dunno about him, but im not when i say thanks!

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• Meanwhile on every sub-forum except Elementalist, Thief and Ranger:

"ANET DOESN'T CARE ABOUT US!!!"

So yeah. 3/8 approves.
    ... What's a Revenant?

I'm glad you're enjoying it, OP.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:
    Meanwhile on every sub-forum except Elementalist, Thief and Ranger:

So yeah. 3/8 approves.
    ... What's a Revenant?

Ehh.. even on Ele its a little bit "anet doesnt care about us" but its been that for a long time, so the positivity is nice.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.

• TwiceDead.1963TwiceDead.1963 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

@Dante.1763 said:

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

So yeah. 3/8 approves.
    ... What's a Revenant?

Ehh.. even on Ele its a little bit "anet doesnt care about us" but its been that for a long time, so the positivity is nice.

Oh yeah for sure! But we are comparing outcry right now, not the usual friendly banter, eh?

• I guess sarcastic no one with the right mind would say that otherwise . They obliterated the meta in wvw and pve with a single patch with no replacement

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    I guess sarcastic no one with the right mind would say that otherwise . They obliterated the meta in wvw and pve with a single patch with no replacement

Or.. they created a vehicle for hyperbole.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

So yeah. 3/8 approves.
    ... What's a Revenant?

Are you sure? I thought "Must be nobody at ANET plays this class" was the standard post-balance patch meme....

• @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

So yeah. 3/8 approves.
    ... What's a Revenant?

Are you sure? I thought "Must be nobody at ANET plays this class" was the standard post-balance patch meme....

You know, it's entirely possible I got them mixed up, but they are so interchangeable I am hardly going to go through ALL that effort of editing my post.

• I've been reading through the patch-notes for my class and it felt like riding a rollercoaster. There were ups and downs, nerfs and boosts and balances - as it should be. A lot of the annoying stuff, which caused plenty of conflicts, is finally gone. But most important for me:

VERY BIG THANKS FOR THE SCRAPPER!

It is a great relief and cheers me up more than Wintersday itself atm. Thanks for giving the elite a 2nd chance. I still cannot trust my eyes. Thank You!

• Odinens.5920Odinens.5920 Member ✭✭✭

Why do we have a Firebrand elite specialization again? They pretty much just ruined it by making Tomes have longer CDs than elite skills. I mean, what's the point?

@kurfu.5623 said:
    Favorite profession gets buffed - "Thank you Anet, you really got it right this time!"

Favorite profession gets nerfed - "Does Anet even play their own game?!?"

Hrm, I think you nailed it there.

Hey, at least I haven't seen "slap in the face" yet. That was the go-to back in the day on the WoW forums...

• @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@kurfu.5623 said:
    Favorite profession gets buffed - "Thank you Anet, you really got it right this time!"

Favorite profession gets nerfed - "Does Anet even play their own game?!?"

Hrm, I think you nailed it there.

Hey, at least I haven't seen "slap in the face" yet. That was the go-to back in the day on the WoW forums...

I don't think this is so easy Chronos are super important part of the game and what they did will cause huge problem . I'm an Ele so by that theory I should by happy I'm aren't because I know my chrono can't give me the boons I used to have from him/her. Dd can be swapped out , heal can be replaced Chronos became the core of any PvE endcontent group

Chronos became the core of any PvE endcontent group

I think that's the point though, no? I don't have any position on this issue, but I've certainly seen many a complaint thread about Chrono being irreplaceable for certain content. I would think players would welcome the plan to break that dependency on a single elite spec.

• @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I think that's the point though, no? I don't have any position on this issue, but I've certainly seen many a complaint thread about Chrono being irreplaceable for certain content. I would think players would welcome the plan to break that dependency on a single elite spec.

If you mitigate the point between chronos and other support specs like rev yes but this is more like deleting.
    Also the timing is really bad Anet forced to change the equipment and spent a lot of gold with the last patch and now this
    On top of this with the changes other builts are forced into the meta like Tempest and Firebrand to do the jobs which result in less optional slots in the group design with result in the average case in lower dps . Which means I can't drag some through the raid(possible from my gilde) or at least it become harder same goes for fractals.

Same goes also for the completion in general for fractals and raids also it becomes harder to find all the needed player/classes.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

If you mitigate the point between chronos and other support specs like rev yes but this is more like deleting.
    Also the timing is really bad Anet forced to change the equipment and spent a lot of gold with the last patch and now this
    On top of this with the changes other builts are forced into the meta like Tempest and Firebrand to do the jobs which result in less optional slots in the group design with result in the average case in lower dps . Which means I can't drag some through the raid(possible from my gilde) or at least it become harder same goes for fractals.

Same goes also for the completion in general for fractals and raids also it becomes harder to find all the needed player/classes.

Can pretty much guarantee that outside of "meta" groups for fractals(which arent needed outside of perhaps CM for 100) groups will continue to complete fractals with whatever classes they feel like. Raid group im in has already come to the conclusion that we will be loosing some DPS, but otherwise we will be fine with these changes as they are.

• Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

Bye druid meta bye chrono meta hello renegade firebrand meta . I guess chrono player are sad but firebrand and renegade players overjoyed to be meta at last

• mauried.5608mauried.5608 Member ✭✭✭

Im still waiting for comments like this.
    Im really glad the Anet has buffed all the classes that I dont play, and has nerfed my favourite class, because I just knew that my favourite class was OP and needed nerfing to make it fairer for everyone else.

• Draco.9480Draco.9480 Member ✭✭✭

reapers got demolished in pve and pvp. nice. now i can't play reaper anymore properly cuz it forces me to be 10s each mode and switching but you can't do it with the current rotation and other rotations are just bad.

• @Draco.9480 said:
    reapers got demolished in pve and pvp. nice. now i can't play reaper anymore properly cuz it forces me to be 10s each mode and switching but you can't do it with the current rotation and other rotations are just bad.

Exaggeration much?

Reaper did not get "demolished", just a few changes with a SLIGHTLY net nerf. For PVE, Reaper still remains one of the best builds with insane sustain and unthinkable damage.

For PVP, I cannot speak much. I personally stay away from reaper in that format so I cannot be eligible to comment on it. Anyone else got a more detailed opinion?

• Caedmon.6798Caedmon.6798 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2018

@CnaeusDane.2938 said:
    I'll be the first to admit that I give Anet A LOT of kitten for their patches. I've had huge problems with almost every past patch because it never felt like they understood the game modes. BUT I can finally gladly say that this is the first patch that feels like a definitive step in the right direction, as well as shows they've at least started to understand the issues players have had with classes like warrior, holo or mesmer in wvw/pvp. Taking away traits/skills that had no counter or very limited reaction time, if any at all, and promoting more skillful play.

So while this will probably get buried, I would at least like to express my thanks for a wonderful winters-day patch, because everyone should be praised for their well doings. Even if it took a bit to get there. And I hope the rest of the community will express their thanks as well.

Happy Holidays, from a happy post-patch player.

PS: please keep up the good work. It's so much nicer to praise the company than having to be disappointed over poor direction.

From the words of a guard,prob an FB.Counter had no counter ? How about you stow weapons/stop attacking ? Its sad how anet caters to these casual kitten,hence pvp and wvw is in the state it is.Run some Fb/nec group and ur fine,throw those aoes around ! Block forever,heal forever,much healthy skilfull gameplay cus i got no ideas how to stow weapon or make counter not proc durhurhur.

• I was thoroughly impressed by this patch. They finally removed the automatically triggered punish/reflect CC traits. I remember an old post after the HOT expansion describing how obsurd these traits were.

A Revenant CCs a Mesmer. The Mesmer’s trait stun-breaks and reflects the CC. The Revenant’s trait stun-breaks and taunts the Mesmer. All of this with no player interaction.

These traits were even worse in WvW since a well placed CC will usually trigger these traits on several players. It may be possible to use static fields with a glass Elementalist again without having to worry about how many stacks of Stability you have!

Server: Sorrow's Furnace
    Guilds: [DOA] Descendants Of Ascalon, [LOOT] Legendary Order Of Thieves
    Characters: Black Hooded S\D Thief, Celestial Herald & Power Reaper

• @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

I guess sarcastic no one with the right mind would say that otherwise . They obliterated the meta in wvw and pve with a single patch with no replacement

A meta exists because one build is better than another. So if they obliterated the meta in WvW and PvE with no replacement then logically that means that no build is better than any other build and they’ve reached perfect parity on all builds.

Wich is what they wanted

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

A meta exists because one build is better than another. So if they obliterated the meta in WvW and PvE with no replacement then logically that means that no build is better than any other build and they’ve reached perfect parity on all builds.

Wich is what they wanted

Uh....at worse, another meta will take its place.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I agree. To me this almost seems like Balance Patch 1 of 2 - they reduced support capabilities for certain professions, but didn't really increase support options for others to compensate.

Did T4s fine last night, but the Chrono who joined was very hesitant, and tried to explain that he wasn't sure what his performance would be. I'll say this, for the first time in forever someone beside the Mesmer had to deal with the reactor room in Thaumanova, since triple-blink apparently is no longer possible. We had our Druid do it.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Your wants come as the high cost of class diversity in though game types. I hope your ready to see 2-3 class comps in spvp and wvw because that is where patches like this lead to.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• As an ele main, yes, thank you. You've made my decision to move on to other games all the more easier.

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2018

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    Did T4s fine last night, but the Chrono who joined was very hesitant, and tried to explain that he wasn't sure what his performance would be. I'll say this, for the first time in forever someone beside the Mesmer had to deal with the reactor room in Thaumanova, since triple-blink apparently is no longer possible. We had our Druid do it.

Crazy idea: ever tried the cooling rods?

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am not going to side with its a good or bad patch right now because with 31 toons it will take a while to check them all. In general I like skill updates because to me it refreshens the game and gives me new theories to craft and builds to consider which I enjoy. But I do understand the other side and have seen many people leave the game because they feel all the time they spent building and gearing up a toon is now thrown out because of a re-balance. There is no way that a new elite will be balanced when released because we have too many variables in place. But ANet and the player base should put some thought into how can that impact of a change be lightened on less alt-o-holic players that only have time for a few toons and they spent what they consider vast time on. Again I like skill changes, but I don't like to lose players due to it either. Good gaming.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

PSSH. Do the instance that the way it was designed? That's for peasants and dredge lovers..

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Yes, that's what my guild and I do, after I taught them how to do it, but the thing is, meta requires simply doing that super quick without the rods so that you waste less time. If you use at least one rod, which is what I do, you still have to wait for your heals to get off CD in the middle to be able to make it to the end. Great for us as we're not exactly in a rush, but the meta demands it.

I get where they are coming from. I hate the meta, except when it comes to Boonshare since that really, REALLY is vital to certain end-game content. Oh well...nothing we can do about it now. No amount of screaming at Anet will change their minds about it now.

edited December 12, 2018

@Kanok.3027 said:
    thing is, meta requires simply doing that super quick without the rods so that you waste less time [...] but the meta demands it.

I don't understand. I usually form an LFG about 15mins before reset, get T4s and Recs done, and am sorting through loot about an hour later, all without doing anything different or special - we just skip what we can when we can.

Some groups decide to fight every mob in Molten Boss, while other groups will run past the first few waves.
    Some groups will dive into the lava right after the 1st Shaman fight on Volcanic and /gg, while others will take a few minutes more to run around through the tunnels.
    Some groups will run down every corridor on Cliffside while other groups will use Mesmer portals.

If you want to take more time to do the exact same thing I'm doing for no additional benefit, it's a free country, so by all means; but to hint that being more efficient with your time as being somehow wrong is illogical. Because while other groups are still in a fractal trying to complete the daily, I've had the time to finish Daily Completionist for my gold/shards, and am likely in the middle of crafting cooldowns. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Awfully cheeky of Anet to crimp your crafting plans.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jski.6180 said:
    Your wants come as the high cost of class diversity in though game types. I hope your ready to see 2-3 class comps in spvp and wvw because that is where patches like this lead to.

Iirc you have noted in the WvW forum for months that only FB, and scourge was needed. With the occasional revenent thrown in for good measure and a rare warrior.

Based on this and your previous posts, adding a 3rd prevalent class would be a step up.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not weighing in on the pve balance issues. That will sort its self out.

From a WvW perspective though... yeah FB and Scourge were already way over represented there and now basically any competitive build got deleted from the mode.

I know, no one players WvW but TC, hopefully you will be just as overjoyed when the next balance patch addresses Firebrands over representation in WvW.

On a side note, its funny how people are celebrating chronos demise when a 4-8 chrono + druid+warrior squad might be competing for meta atm.

Remember how SoI now doesn't need boon duration? (yeah I know, most of you read it as it doesn't benefit from bd, works both ways funny enough). 4 mesmer dps (power chrono or condi mirage) is all it takes to make ANY boon setup permanent while pulling competitive damage. Let's see how things work out.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

Iirc you have noted in the WvW forum for months that only FB, and scourge was needed. With the occasional revenent thrown in for good measure and a rare warrior.

Based on this and your previous posts, adding a 3rd prevalent class would be a step up.

That did make me laughter but i was only able to talk about so much with giving up guild things. Rev will cover scraper roll now for super speed and the other class FB and scorge will be every thing else because they have every thing now. Its not good for the game and its not good for balancing.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• @Laila Lightness.8742 said:
    Bye druid meta bye chrono meta hello renegade firebrand meta . I guess chrono player are sad but firebrand and renegade players overjoyed to be meta at last

keep dreaming,hf getting kicked from groups when you mention support renegade or support firebrand :) also you wont be so happy when you start complaining "muh boon uptime i cant dee p es support cant keep up boons"

• @Mister Asdasd.6194 said:

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

keep dreaming,hf getting kicked from groups when you mention support renegade or support firebrand :) also you wont be so happy when you start complaining "muh boon uptime i cant dee p es support cant keep up boons"

I dont play either

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.