Thank You for the Orchestral Weapons!!! Wow! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Thank You for the Orchestral Weapons!!! Wow!

As I fellow musician I looooved ALL of the skins and I'll buy them all!!

Hype for the future instruments too, maybe...! :D

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

Tagged:

Comments

• As soon as I saw these I was like "hahahaha Music Guilds are going to love these, if not for the design but for the pure fact they are all music based"

A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, while not my 'personal' taste (for my own characters), I'm hoping to see (and hear!) a lot of them in the world.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• daw.4923daw.4923 Member ✭✭

they are not free,why whoud you thanking for something you buying? isnt that just their job,to make products which ppl gona like?
    you thanking them by buying item,dunno why so many sunny ppl,making 100000 threads like this.

• Deimos.4263Deimos.4263 Member ✭✭✭

They look nice and will look good for standing around and group photos, but music guilds will be sad they don't actually play anything. :P

• @Deimos.4263 said:
    They look nice and will look good for standing around and group photos, but music guilds will be sad they don't actually play anything. :P

some of them have draw and stow sound effects

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

most are meh, only the warhorn actually looks good

• @daw.4923 said:
    they are not free,why whoud you thanking for something you buying? isnt that just their job,to make products which ppl gona like?
    you thanking them by buying item,dunno why so many sunny ppl,making 100000 threads like this.

because people like to give feedback to a company thats creating content for them. I don't see the problem with the community voicing their opinions about artistic decisions because it lets them know what they do right and what they do wrong. This way they can hopefully continue the trend of creating content we find valuable.

• Super love the idea, but I just checked out the staff and well, it's a bit heavy and bulky for a staff tbh. It's literally an entire harp.

Tarnished Coast, North America.
    ♀️ Fashion Wars Lover!

• Kas.3509Kas.3509 Member ✭✭✭

@daw.4923 said:

The worst thing is when you have desire or need for an item and it doesnt exist.
    Sometimes you even dont know you dreamed about having something - you discover it when someoen else makes it and shows to you.

I think people thank creators for sharing the idea -> idea is free -> and/or for making what they wanted to have possible.

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

yeah, love them...now when do they start with the heavy metal weapons?

• the greatsword is an electric v style guitar.

• it’s the first set which i thought of buying entire range

• Tastes vary and I think this weapon set is one of the most interesting and coherently themed sets we have seen. My only critique is that the staff would have been less bulky if it were a bassoon.

Creating art and offering it for sale is an anxiety steeped process, so thank you for taking the risk.

all primes work and not tearing down has value
    ready purrlayer @ any parsed feels enhance the value of something that is already worth everything
    what other chordal approach but penultimate singing along with other quantum cuddle clocks

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the new instrument set. I'll share with the devs. :)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Little Leota.5849Little Leota.5849 Member ✭✭
    edited December 14, 2018

Thank you to the devs from me as well! I love the new set, so much so that since I currently haven't collected enough BL scraps to make a ticket, I purchased two of the skins from the tp! My husband plays guitar, so I totally had to get the flying v greatsword for him. I bought the harp staff for my mesmer, because it's perfect for her backstory. As Kas said above, I didn't even know I wanted it until I saw it! <3

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

I do love to see warhorns with there own sound. Thank you.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Would been cool if they had animations also caster tools like play the bassom on staff with sound

• I am disappointed that the great sword doesn't have a built in guitar emote. . But other than that they are great.

☠ Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured? ☠

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and they never get to try again."

• There is a flaw though, when you weapon-swap to the orchestral weapon, the draw sound didn't sound.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lumpy Forehead.2193 said:
    There is a flaw though, when you weapon-swap to the orchestral weapon, the draw sound didn't sound.

They all sound when they leave the combat mode.

Staff sounds harp, greatsword sounds the electric guitar etc.

I love the Sword/Shield combo, though. The bow and the viola- such a nice touch!

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

@daw.4923 said:

It's the person's job at the coffee shop to prepare my coffee in the morning, and yet every day I get a coffee from them I still say thank you.

• Shaaba.5672Shaaba.5672 Member ✭✭✭

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:
    Super love the idea, but I just checked out the staff and well, it's a bit heavy and bulky for a staff tbh. It's literally an entire harp.

no no no no no you take that back! :p I love the staff for exactly that reason. It's between that and the sword/shield combo for my favorite implementations.

• Eidolonemesis.5640Eidolonemesis.5640 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2018

Great. Now when can us musicians expect the audio team to fix the 'playable', currently-still-broken in-game instruments, and address the 'global note cooldown' issue on the instruments (where music notes do not each have their own cooldown on each octave) ? So much time spent on these creative Orchestral Instrument Skins could have also been spent fixing and improving the playable instruments we bought.

Why is a fix taking so long? The playable instruments have been broken at least 5 other times, and a fix for them was implemented much quicker.

• LadyKitty.6120LadyKitty.6120 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2018

The orchestral greatsword has only 4 strings, all relatively thick and wound so Kitty would dare argue it's a bass.

Regards,
    a bassist

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/gw2-orchestral-greatsword-skin-3.jpg

It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, Kittymarks test results at youtube.com/Kittymarks and tinyurl.com/Kittymarks and streams at twitch.tv/ladykittygw2 .

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2018

Lol really? I think they look hideous. Though surely very creative (which the talented team could apply to better/more useful content).

• daw.4923daw.4923 Member ✭✭

i whoud say something,but this forum doesnt support free speech and extremly agresive toward opinions. bb

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.