5 years of Necromancy

Shroud.2307

And a wonderful 5 years it has been.My oldest and most played character (Carmen Stacy) just had her 5th birthday yesterday (December 3rd). Being only 2 months younger than my account, I wanted to celebrate with a thread dedicated entirely to my first favorite profession and the one I truly am at heart - a Necromancer.

I remember the days when I would run dungeons and get insta-kicked from every group just for being a Necro.When I would command in EOTM and occasionally lead my zergs to their deaths by juking them with Spectral Walk.Or when Epidemic had infinite range.

Necromancer was the first class I truly invested myself in, and with this character, I learned everything I know about the game today. To me, it has the most sentimental value of all my characters and the one I believe the most people from the past would recognize me as.

Despite what Necromancer has gone through over the years, it is easily tied with Engineer as my favorite profession, and I'll stick with it to the end. I urge every one of you who love your Necros as much as I do to do the same as long as you're still having fun. Stay true to your roots!

Here are a bunch of screenies starting from oldest to newest. None are particularly nice, but I wanted to share anyway. And of course, if you'd like to share your own pictures and stories, please do. This doesn't have to be a thread about my own Necro, it can be about everyone's too!

SelfiesThe first ever screenshot I took of her (about 4 years ago)q60RRIo.jpg

Diving in Malchor's Leap9Ftah8a.jpg

Looking good in Plains Of Ashford5QDmeMM.jpg

Her todaybjJ0ecP.jpg

A few shots posing in The DesolationeY3fakM.jpgdgwRlev.jpg

Highest critical hitsHeart Of Thorns opening week highest critical hita8F8kxi.jpg

WvW Golem event with glitched golem buff (pre-Heart Of Thorns)pz0N7TN.jpg

Old Feast Of Corruption highest crit46APFa8.jpg

Highest WvW crit on NPC8PbzD8r.jpg

Highest crits on playersWlpAq4b.jpgH4LjxQ9.jpgReRUokd.jpgHT8z5d3.jpg

Was a lovely read and Happy Belated Birthday to your Necromancer!Her current design looks lovely, definitely not what I would expect of a typical Necromancer, but very fitting for the current POF theme.That you reached Diamond Legend in WvW showed a dedication to the game mode that I think not many can match.Here's to another few more years of Necromancer and WvW.

P.S. I think Anet should really raise the WvW rank cap or at least reward those who have reached the max with something cool like a title or special infusion or something, instead of a rank that only the enemy can see =/

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:Was a lovely read and Happy Belated Birthday to your Necromancer!Her current design looks lovely, definitely not what I would expect of a typical Necromancer, but very fitting for the current POF theme.That you reached Diamond Legend in WvW showed a dedication to the game mode that I think not many can match.Here's to another few more years of Necromancer and WvW.

P.S. I think Anet should really raise the WvW rank cap or at least reward those who have reached the max with something cool like a title or special infusion or something, instead of a rank that only the enemy can see =/

Thank you very much!

I've always gone for a "high class vampire" style with my Necro instead of dark and brooding. In the story I have written for her, it suits the theme.

I have always wanted rank specific titles or badges but many people dislike this idea. Though I absolutely understand their reasons, it's still something I dream about. Rank doesn't mean much of anything, especially with how many grinded theirs out in EOTM. I'm guilty of this as well, though I never dedicated myself to doing it like certain players who made it their goal to grind to max. Still, it does show a degree of dedication and I agree with that. Most players who are Platinum or higher have been around for a very long time and have been active in their communities for years. Though of course, some exceptions apply such as those who strictly roam or simply don't have the time to play for hours on end.

Anyway, I appreciate the kind words (: Always looking forward to checking out your videos!

@Farkon.2170 said:Wow, 51k crit with gravedigger. Now that's true Reaping damage.

You won't be hitting this high anymore. Maximum should be at ~44-45kBut only with enemy having 25vulnerability, chill.And you having 25 might.

In wvw I never saw it hit more than 12-14k, because you have to gear for some defensive stats. Which will lead to less power or ferocity.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Farkon.2170 said:Wow, 51k crit with gravedigger. Now that's true Reaping damage.

You won't be hitting this high anymore. Maximum should be at ~44-45kBut only with enemy having 25vulnerability, chill.And you having 25 might.

In wvw I never saw it hit more than 12-14k, because you have to gear for some defensive stats. Which will lead to less power or ferocity.

The 21k Gravedigger and 26k Executioner's Scythe were both taken less than 4 months ago. The 50k Gravedigger on a WvW NPC lord was taken about the same time.

You can still get that high but you need to be full glass and the stars have to align. Meaning you need to be getting a lot of damage buffs from random pugs. Which we all know doesn't often happen since most people just auto attack until it's dead. I usually get around 30 - 35k max on NPC lords after their breakbar is down and that's with a full YOLO build designed for nothing but damage. But every now and again I'll cross in to 40k or higher which is usually when I'm getting some kind of buffs from others.

at least we will have fond memories of when necro was viable in PVE after HoT, now they are a shell of a shell of their selves in PVE, not worth using over any other class in PVE, pretty much there is class that can out do necro in everything except boon corrupt and that is bad in PVE, meh in PVP, and only somewhat good in Zerg WvW

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:at least we will have fond memories of when necro was viable in PVE after HoT, now they are a shell of a shell of their selves in PVE, not worth using over any other class in PVE, pretty much there is class that can out do necro in everything except boon corrupt and that is bad in PVE, meh in PVP, and only somewhat good in Zerg WvW

From launch, Necro has always been meta in WvW.

@Swamurabi.7890 said:

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:at least we will have fond memories of when necro was viable in PVE after HoT, now they are a shell of a shell of their selves in PVE, not worth using over any other class in PVE, pretty much there is class that can out do necro in everything except boon corrupt and that is bad in PVE, meh in PVP, and only somewhat good in Zerg WvW

From launch, Necro has always been meta in WvW.

Only in zergs. It is among the weakest solo roamer of all classes.

Anet should balance a class to work in team play and solo similar to how boonbeast, holosmith and condi mirage perform in those modes.

Reduce the effectiveness of zergs and raid buffing!

Lower aoe or grp boonspan from all classes, reduce aoe boon strip, make more of it single target, and buff necro dueling capabilities to par with other classes.

Give yourself breathing room for better balancing between game modes.

• 6 months later...