Shackling Wave change in PvE completely ruins the rotational flow of Power Herald — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Shackling Wave change in PvE completely ruins the rotational flow of Power Herald

Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

It now feels like I'm casting Gravedigger and you guys didn't even bother to buff its damage in PvE to follow the massive increase in activation time.

Did you guys bother to playtest this? Any marginal buff you offered via shiro's true nature you completely undermined with this change.

It's not just a numbers nerf, it downright worsened the playstyle experience of the power herald spec in PvE as you're now far more suceptible to interruptions from dodging mechanics in your rotation.

Awful change, I don't know how you could make power herald worse but you just did.

KEEP YOUR PVP OUT OF MY PVE.

Comments

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

This was completely unwarranted for pve. Absurd change. Revenant is already low performance. Boggles the mind that they wrote in the notes that heralds was -underperforming-, yet we recieve -this!-

• DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think that we really need another OH Sword rework. We all know that it can't be like this forever. It's a buff copy-paste of Axe.
    Changes to 4 Sword in sPvP are justifiable but I see no sense in changing it in PvE too.
    I'm looking forward to seeing OH Sword being reworked once more - with original ideas and complex playstyle. Maybe Block/Counter was a good but poorly designed choice? I just hope the situation with Sword will change in time.

• vyncius.6105vyncius.6105 Member ✭✭✭

yep, that kills pve power herald. Also it nerfs spvp revenant, since we had only 1 viable build, now we have none. Btw still no rework for renegade. I AM So sad and mad

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

not like you can do much complexity with just two skills. But it feels really bad to use now, discouraging for using oh sword at all.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pve isn't hard anyway.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Pve isn't hard anyway.

I'll refer you to what the OP said:

@Zenith.7301 said:
    It's not just a numbers nerf, it downright worsened the playstyle experience of the power herald spec in PvE as you're now far more suceptible to interruptions from > dodging mechanics in your rotation.

Shockingly, the point of a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game is to HAVE FUN.
    The OP's opinion is that with these changes, loss of DPS efficacy notwithstanding, Revenant Sword/Sword is now less fun to play.

The difficulty of PvE or the chances of successfully killing an AI mob is not the point of this thread.

It should be noted, however, that Power Herald is towards the bottom of the pile for raiding / T4 fractal DPS in PvE, and this change just worsens that situation. Considering that ANET is well capable of splitting how an ability performs between sPvP and WvW/PvE, and does so often, you can well understand the resentment this change causes amongst PvE/WvW Rev players.

• XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

@Zenith.7301 said:
    It now feels like I'm casting Gravedigger and you guys didn't even bother to buff its damage in PvE to follow the massive increase in activation time.

Did you guys bother to playtest this? Any marginal buff you offered via shiro's true nature you completely undermined with this change.

It's not just a numbers nerf, it downright worsened the playstyle experience of the power herald spec in PvE as you're now far more suceptible to interruptions from dodging mechanics in your rotation.

Awful change, I don't know how you could make power herald worse but you just did.

KEEP YOUR PVP OUT OF MY PVE.

Cant there be a new rotation for optimal dps? :)

• Scar.1793Scar.1793 Member ✭✭✭

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Pve isn't hard anyway.

That’s not the topic. But I’ll just say if you play a MMO only for its PvP and especially gw2, it’s the wrong genre for this.

On to SW it’s simply a nerf, a guy compared the raw power coefficient with similar skills that have 1sec animation, they all do more damage but seriously being this slow really kills the gameplay flow with swords. Just logged to see this, get the free beetle, laughed at how I will wait months or next expac to hope power Rev might be good in endgame pve. Then just logged off. It’s sad.

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Scar.1793 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Pve isn't hard anyway.

That’s not the topic. But I’ll just say if you play a MMO only for its PvP and especially gw2, it’s the wrong genre for this.

Wrong. GW2 is perhaps the best MMO for PvP because the fighting system is amongst the best, has no gear power creep, is not P2W and actually the PvP mode provides rewards which are usefull for other game modes (the legendary back piece and the legendary armor are way cheaper and easier to obtain in this than in WvW or PvE). The changes in Shackling Wave are wellcomed: they barely impact PvP (at least in gold) and is mostly a PvE nerf (which I don't care).

edited December 14, 2018

@Buran.3796 said:

@Scar.1793 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Pve isn't hard anyway.

Wrong. GW2 is perhaps the best MMO for PvP because the fighting system is amongst the best, has no gear power creep, is not P2W and actually the PvP mode provides rewards which are usefull for other game modes (the legendary back piece and the legendary armor are way cheaper and easier to obtain in this than in WvW or PvE). The changes in Shackling Wave are wellcomed: they barely impact PvP (at least in gold) and is mostly a PvE nerf (which I don't care).

Yes PvP is so amazing the esport scene fell flat on its face despite Anet trying to push for it. The balance is horrible. How long did we have to wait for significant mesmers/thieves nerfs ? Years. The amount of them in pvp and especially in wvw (small scale as zergs are essentially a mess) should be a red flag for any dev team.

The PvE is the heavy major part of the game, you just need to compare the updates for PvE vs PvP. PvP and WvW are stale and not changing that much. I mean people are still playing the same maps as release with extremely few new ones, the gameplay involves only capture points in sPvP. Not much to say over here. If anything the PvP side is bleeding out of its population as day goes by.

No, MMO is definitely not the genre for actual decent and skilled PvP (not linked to weapons or your class but how you play and react). I mean seriously, the day Deadeye were born with perma stealth and oneshotting/twoshotting with so little risks for ages is the single proof you need to see how the balance and PvP gameplay is broken. I could go on for eternity but I’ll just stop there. It’s fine if you enjoy it though.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2018

@Scar.1793 said:

@Buran.3796 said:

@Scar.1793 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Pve isn't hard anyway.

Yes PvP is so amazing the esport scene fell flat on its face despite Anet trying to push for it. The balance is horrible. How long did we have to wait for significant mesmers/thieves nerfs ? Years. The amount of them in pvp and especially in wvw (small scale as zergs are essentially a mess) should be a red flag for any dev team.

The PvE is the heavy major part of the game, you just need to compare the updates for PvE vs PvP. PvP and WvW are stale and not changing that much. I mean people are still playing the same maps as release with extremely few new ones, the gameplay involves only capture points in sPvP. Not much to say over here. If anything the PvP side is bleeding out of its population as day goes by.

No, MMO is definitely not the genre for actual decent and skilled PvP (not linked to weapons or your class but how you play and react). I mean seriously, the day Deadeye were born with perma stealth and oneshotting/twoshotting with so little risks for ages is the single proof you need to see how the balance and PvP gameplay is broken. I could go on for eternity but I’ll just stop there. It’s fine if you enjoy it though.

yes, but the pve in this game is easy garbage, sure you need to have organised people in a a squad to do pve raids, but the AI is nothing but a set pattern with out the AI doing something else (unlike gw1 AI which is far superior) i know people who do pvp/wvw who are like sitting dog poo when it comes to basic awareness and fighting other players but have 5 legendary armour sets.

builds carried people in pve more then it does in player vs player because the ai is not programmed to understand, where as players do. pve in this game is only "Hard" because boss mobs have a ton of health and hit very hard and thats it, why anet push;s this easy mode stuff i don;t know??

• @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Scar.1793 said:

@Buran.3796 said:

@Scar.1793 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Pve isn't hard anyway.

yes, but the pve in this game is easy garbage, sure you need to have organised people in a a squad to do pve raids, but the AI is nothing but a set pattern with out the AI doing something else (unlike gw1 AI which is far superior) i know people who do pvp/wvw who are like sitting dog poo when it comes to basic awareness and fighting other players but have 5 legendary armour sets.

builds carried people in pve more then it does in player vs player because the ai is not programmed to understand, where as players do. pve in this game is only "Hard" because boss mobs have a ton of health and hit very hard and thats it, why anet push;s this easy mode stuff i don;t know??

It's very obvious you don't or haven't done any seriously hard PvE content in any mmo. The way you describe raids precludes any first hand knowledge.

I agree with the guy you're quoting. MMOs aren't the place for balanced PvP. If you want that, play a FPS. Like CS:GO.

@The Heretic.6415 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Scar.1793 said:

@Buran.3796 said:

@Scar.1793 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Pve isn't hard anyway.

It's very obvious you don't or haven't done any seriously hard PvE content in any mmo. The way you describe raids precludes any first hand knowledge.

I agree with the guy you're quoting. MMOs aren't the place for balanced PvP. If you want that, play a FPS. Like CS:GO.

Indeed, personally my gem is Mordhau. 😜

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.