Black Lion Trading Post: Difficulty selling [Merged]

kathy.8291

@"Etria.3642" said:Illinois, sell, not resolved. And now I am getting a permission denied? Same thing or something else entirely?

Different thing. If you have to, close the game, restart. If that doesn't work, follow the links to Support and search for "cache" to find the knowledge base article describing how to clear the TP cache; that helps with all sorts of GW2 TP performance issues.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I have a few ideas of details that you might share to help QA investigate the issue:

• Where are you located?

New York

• Are you trying to buy, sell, or both?

Selling (haven't bought anything in a while so I don't know if that has been affected)

• Did the situation improve with the 11 December build? If so, in what way. (For example, "buying is easier, but selling is difficult" or "Selling is easier, but I can't seem to put in a buy order at all" or that sort of thing.)

No change

• Would you consider this pretty much resolved, or do you feel there still are issues?

Still issues

Thanks so much!

• US East Coast, DC area
  • Selling (haven't bought anything in a while)
  • No change
  • Still issues

I was wondering if this might be the result of some anti-bot measure that just went too far. In the past, I have sold things so quickly that I get a "cool down" message and inability to sell for a time period, which I assumed was because the speed of my selling made me look like a bot. Just a thought.

Also, this is not game breaking, but it sure is annoying and unnecessarily time consuming.

Thanks for looking into it.

Located near Carlsbad, Czech Republic (Middle Europe). The lag is occuring inconsistently - some items sell/buy quick, others take 30 seconds. December 11 patch didn't change anything for me. The same issue is there for several weeks now, at least since the sigil/rune rework, propably even longer.

@kathy.8291 said:Since the new patch, I've had trouble selling things on the black lion trading post. It takes FOREVER to sell 1 item to get the Green Success Box. My drivers are up to date. This is the only issue I have in the game. Is anyone else having this same issue. It takes FOREVER to sell 1 item.

Yeah, I get loads of red error boxes now trading several items, I never saw more than one or two a week at worst before.

Hello!I feel this needs to be mentioned and I hope it's not just a momentary fix.For the past few hours (aprox. 4-5h at the moment of this posting, though I'm not sure) the trade post has been working normally for the first time since the "salvage runes/sigils" patch was launched. I mean the weird "lag" or delay that was happening every 2-4 transactions (either buy or sell) is finally gone. So whatever fix/change was done please keep it.

As for the bullet points mentioned:

1. Location: Romania
  2. This was affecting both selling and buying
  3. The 11th December patch did not fix the issue, it only seems to have been fixed today
  4. I think it's solved at the moment and I hope it stays like this

Edit: And I spoke too soon apparently. Whatever it was it only lasted a few hours, now we're back to the same lag/delay (or whatever it is), especially on selling items. 2-3 items sell normally and then the next takes forever to load, just like in the vid someone posted above.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I have a few ideas of details that you might share to help QA investigate the issue:

• Where are you located?

US, East Coast, rest of game not affected.

• Are you trying to buy, sell, or both?

Both

• Did the situation improve with the 11 December build? If so, in what way. (For example, "buying is easier, but selling is difficult" or "Selling is easier, but I can't seem to put in a buy order at all" or that sort of thing.)

It did not improve, if anything i think it got worse, i went to place a buy order for 250 wintersday presents and the trading post locked up so hard that i lost 16g, got a could not connect error, and the buy order was never placed.

• Would you consider this pretty much resolved, or do you feel there still are issues?

Still an issue.

Thanks so much!

hope it helps!

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Mea.5491" said:No change after patch, I just recorded this, about half of the sells have lag issues. It does affect buying too but I sell a lot more.Location: Hungary, 1000Mb/s stable connection, no gameplay issues besides TP lag, 60-80 average ping in GW2.Crappy quality video again, sorry... :P

https://youtu.be/WzHAm_Udsa4

Thank you for sharing that video -- it could be very helpful to the team, and I have passed it along for their consideration.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Gaesesagai.9421 said:Hello!I feel this needs to be mentioned and I hope it's not just a momentary fix.For the past few hours (aprox. 4-5h at the moment of this posting, though I'm not sure) the trade post has been working normally for the first time since the "salvage runes/sigils" patch was launched. I mean the weird "lag" or delay that was happening every 2-4 transactions (either buy or sell) is finally gone. So whatever fix/change was done please keep it.

As for the bullet points mentioned:

1. Location: Romania
  2. This was affecting both selling and buying
  3. The 11th December patch did not fix the issue, it only seems to have been fixed today
  4. I think it's solved at the moment and I hope it stays like this

Edit: And I spoke too soon apparently. Whatever it was it only lasted a few hours, now we're back to the same lag/delay (or whatever it is), especially on selling items. 2-3 items sell normally and then the next takes forever to load, just like in the vid someone posted above.

Could you let us know if you're continuing to see normal behavior from the TP. There are reports after yours that comment about continued problems so it would be good to know if, a day or two later, you're still using the TP without latency or other issues. Thanks, @Gaesesagai.9421.

As I mentioned earlier, it's intermittent: there are times when I forget it's an issue, because there's little or no delay. However, there hasn't been a day without problems since the sigil|rune overhaul was announced (the week before the patch). Delays exist when opening the TP, when right-clicking to buy or sell, when searching for an item by name, when submitting an offer, and before receiving acknowledgment of said offer.

I also get the dreaded red error message that I have placed too many orders, something I never got in the past, no matter how much I was buying or selling. (Other high volume traders have seen this outside of the most recent issue, but it's a first for me that it happens any time I am buying or selling more than a couple of stacks.)

Or in short: the problems (for me) haven't gotten better. The best I can say is that things aren't worse.

• Where are you located?NA - East Coast

• Are you trying to buy, sell, or both?Both

• Did the situation improve with the 11 December build? If so, in what way. (For example, "buying is easier, but selling is difficult" or "Selling is easier, but I can't seem to put in a buy order at all" or that sort of thing.)No improvement

• Would you consider this pretty much resolved, or do you feel there still are issues?Not resolved

• ArenaNet Staff

Here are some thoughts from one of the developers:

Here are some things we'd like to know:

• If this happening on instant sell order or on custom orders?
  • Have you had an item immediately removed from inventory (sold) but then experienced a substantial lag between the removal and payment? If so, can you tell us approximately how long it took to get paid? Would you be able to make a short video of the lag?
  • Did you sell something, have it removed from inventory, but not get the coin at all? (I don't think I've seen any such cases, but we naturally want to know about that, if it has happened.)
  • Did you see a red error on attempts to sell? If so, could you please post a screenshot or video?

Thanks for helping us narrow down these situations!

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Here are some thoughts from one of the developers:

Instant buy and instant sell are the most common for me, but ive had lag on custom orders.

• Have you had an item immediately removed from inventory (sold) but then experienced a substantial lag between the removal and payment? If so, can you tell us approximately how long it took to get paid? Would you be able to make a short video of the lag?

I have yes, sadly cant make a video. Lag was roughly 5-10 seconds before i could do anything.

• Did you sell something, have it removed from inventory, but not get the coin at all? (I don't think I've seen any such cases, but we naturally want to know about that, if it has happened.)

I had the reverse happen(I mentioned it above), i had gold removed but no buy order placed, sum of gold amounted to 16g.

• Did you see a red error on attempts to sell? If so, could you please post a screenshot or video?

When i lost the 16g, after 20 seconds of waiting i got error 42

"The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com."

sadly no screenshot as the window closed itself shortly after it showed up.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Here are some things we'd like to know:

both

• Did you sell something, have it removed from inventory, but not get the coin at all?

Yes

Last month, I tried to sell a stack of minor runes. After clicking Sell, they disappeared from my inventory and the Trading Post froze. Then a few minutes later, I got a red error message saying cannot access the login server

I never got money for it. The Trading Post took its 15% tax from me. And the Sell order never appeared in the Trading Post History window

• If this happening on instant sell order or on custom orders?Instant sell

• Have you had an item immediately removed from inventory (sold) but then experienced a substantial lag between the removal and payment? If so, can you tell us approximately how long it took to get paid? Would you be able to make a short video of the lag?Not that I have noticed.

• Did you sell something, have it removed from inventory, but not get the coin at all? (I don't think I've seen any such cases, but we naturally want to know about that, if it has happened.)Not that I have noticed.

• Did you see a red error on attempts to sell? If so, could you please post a screenshot or video?No error

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Here are some thoughts from one of the developers:

• If this happening on instant sell order or on custom orders?Both. Also on instant buy and buy offers.

• Have you had an item immediately removed from inventory (sold) but then experienced a substantial lag between the removal and payment? If so, can you tell us approximately how long it took to get paid? Would you be able to make a short video of the lag?This has happened for me, but it is so rare that I wouldn't trust my memory as to the duration. No more than seconds.(The occasional glitch has occurred with substantial wait times, but that's a different problem than being discussed in this thread.)

• Did you sell something, have it removed from inventory, but not get the coin at all? (I don't think I've seen any such cases, but we naturally want to know about that, if it has happened.)Never.

• Did you see a red error on attempts to sell? If so, could you please post a screenshot or video?Yes. It happened when I was opening unID gear and trying to sell the (high value) contents. It sometimes happened after trying to sell only a few (3-4) items, sometimes after 10+. After happening once, it started happening more frequently.

Not sure it's the same issue but I have 2 computers - I have always had major delays using the trading post on the second computer, and yet main computer has no problems. As far as I know both computers have the same installation of GW2, both play the game just fine, the only difference is the hardware.

• Melbourne, Australia
  • happens on all transactions
  • in my case, not related to any specific build (has been happening for ages)
  • not resolved

I have been seeing this issue since about mid-November, posted about it then:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60462/trading-post-error#latest

I'm still getting it too, though it has been better. But if I'm trying to sell a bunch of stuff, I'll probably see it every third or fourth sell - the first couple are snappy, then something snags up and it hangs on the sell confirmation. I know if I try to sell again I'll get the generic error so I just wait 10 seconds.

Yesterday I did get a new error I've never seen before, though. I listed (sell order) a single quantity of an item I had, some rare weapon or armor. It hung up as described and then I got a yellow error screen that said something like "Partial Transaction Confirmed." and listed that 1 quantity had been sold at 0g 0s 0c and the remainder of the listing would wait until a buyer could be found. History doesn't show a 0c sale, so I assume it was just a glitch and it was listed as desired (not sure if the same bug or not).

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

• If this happening on instant sell order or on custom orders?I do substantially fewer instant sells than sell orders, but I'm fairly sure it's happening for both. It's definitely happening for sell orders. There are also intermittent delays when placing buy orders or loading item listings.
  • Have you had an item immediately removed from inventory (sold) but then experienced a substantial lag between the removal and payment? If so, can you tell us approximately how long it took to get paid? Would you be able to make a short video of the lag?Yes, that happens occasionally. The delay is similar to all other TP-related delays I experience, so single-digit seconds, mostly. No video, sorry.
  • Did you sell something, have it removed from inventory, but not get the coin at all? (I don't think I've seen any such cases, but we naturally want to know about that, if it has happened.)That may have happened once, but I'm not entirely sure.
  • Did you see a red error on attempts to sell? If so, could you please post a screenshot or video?Yes. This happens when placing sell orders in quick succession, specifically, placing a sell order before the green confirmation dialog from the previous sell order gets (or would have gotten) shown. I also rarely (once or twice per week) get the standard "login server could not be reached" error dialog related to these TP delays.