Anyone else getting one shotted with 22k-25k Kill Shot?

Burnfall.9573

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, 1 shot per 6+ seconds with a very long windup, that requires Adren 3, from a weapon where all of the skills are garbage. The horror.

There can't possibly be any way the warrior was given 25 Might from a zerg, and is running Forceful, Pinnacle, and Berserkers Power, with Burst Mastery on the side. And for all we know, you could have been coated completely in Vuln. Oh, lets not forget any active bonus that wvw likes to throw at you. But yes, by all means... please nerf Rifle into obscurity.

Still more balanced than SpamEye.

Kill shot cannot hit that high unless you and the warrior are both with zerker gear.The warrior needs to have 25 might, 25 stacks power, and X stacks of vulnerability ( I believe 15 stacks is needed to achieve 20k+).Additionally warrior can only hit that high if the warrior is on a team where other players have modifiers that increase the warrior power and give 25 stacks of vulnerability on the enemy.

kill shot is the highest damage on warrior, but on targets that have decent builds with toughness as the major attribute, the damage ranges from 6k to 13k.Also, the level of the enemy is important. There was this level 65 who I once shot for 20k without modifiers.I was so happy of my 20k damage that I blocked him and send him party request, but it turned out he was a low level, so my moment of glory was revoked when I saw he was level 65.

hahahaha you should have seen my face when I saw his level was 65.I was devastated!

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:working as intended.

You and I both know that warrior kill shot/ sniper warrior is broken because it isn't a new problem. Anet had dealt with it before and will nerf it again..

It was nerfed on berserker, where cast time is alot quicker, on shorter cooldown, does aoe damage + only take 1 bar of adrenaline.Base warr killshot is totaly fine, it has a longer cooldown, takes 3 bars of adrenaline and casts for ages (alongside you cannot move while you're casting). It can also be blocked, evaded, reflected, everything basicaly.Stop asking for nerfs and rather just dodge or block that one projectile, how hard can that be ? Stop facetanking things.

Rifle/GS core warr is strong. The typical warrior player is just too bad to utilize it properly. In 6 years of GW2 I fought exactly 2 warriors that used the full potential of that weaponcombo (one 3 years ago when the KS cast time was reduced and one right after the general rifle buff some weeks ago). These were tough matchups.

It's not overpowered but decent.

@Justine.6351 said:It's not really surprising if you look at those skill fact numbers on the wiki page. Realize that the skill is fairly well telegraphed and warriors don't utilize stealth.

Nothing in this game is telegraphed thanks to culling - which was allegedly removed some time ago. Weird thing is that so many animations don't load properly or not at all and you get hit out of nowhere.

@Glider.5792 said:

You and I both know that warrior kill shot/ sniper warrior is broken because it isn't a new problem. Anet had dealt with it before and will nerf it again..

It was nerfed on berserker, where cast time is alot quicker, on shorter cooldown, does aoe damage + only take 1 bar of adrenaline.Base warr killshot is totaly fine, it has a longer cooldown, takes 3 bars of adrenaline and casts for ages (alongside you cannot move while you're casting). It can also be blocked, evaded, reflected, everything basicaly.Stop asking for nerfs and rather just dodge or block that one projectile, how hard can that be ? Stop facetanking things.

It was not that i was dueling a warrior really or was in a 5v5. It happen outside the entrance of Crystal Desert Valley where the enemy zerg entrapped us.

If Anet were to un nerfed thief-deadeye rifle damages again; i'm sure the community would be in a uproar again, Killshot can not be made any exception regardless.

(If left unnoticed, all the hard work Anet did to minimize/eliminate one shotting would be in vain) Sooner or later; thief will make a case against Anet of playing double standard.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

It was not that i was dueling a warrior really or was in a 5v5. It happen outside the entrance of Crystal Desert Valley where the enemy zerg entrapped us.

If Anet were to un nerfed thief-deadeye rifle damages again; i'm sure the community would be in a uproar again,
Killshot can not be made any exception regardless.

(If left unnoticed, all the hard work Anet did to minimize/eliminate one shotting would be in vain) Sooner or later; thief will make a case against Anet of playing double standard.

Again,

• were you in zerk gear?
  • Did they have stacks of might/bloodlust?
  • did you have vulnerability?

I run a light armor class, and haven’t been hit by more than 8-10k from killshot. And that was with vulnerability on.

Not saying the right conditions don’t exist, just saying I don’t think it’s a problem.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

If Anet were to un nerfed thief-deadeye rifle damages again; i'm sure the community would be in a uproar again,

Again,
  • were you in zerk gear?

I run a light armor class, and haven’t been hit by more than 8-10k from killshot. And that was with vulnerability on.

Not saying the right conditions don’t exist, just saying I don’t think it’s a problem.

It's safe to say that if they're complaining about being trapped in spawn then the person is fairly new as there's 3 ways out of every spawn point and they're pretty spread out.

For killshot specifically the skill has a long wind up and warrior doesn't innately have stealth so it's much harder to land or surprise people with. Sure if you're working with a thief or scrapper you can set up some meme combos but you can pretty much 100-0 tons of people from stealth with a host of abilities for 0 tells.

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Just this minute a player reported in wvw that he was hit with 25k with Warrior Kill shot than I was hit with 22k (Anet you can check my log) Anet; please patch this skill asap. Thank you! in advance

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_Shot

So there is a thing called print screen on your keyboard. It allows you to take screenshots while you are in game. So you switch to your combat log tab, then hit print screen. When you do that the log will give you a pathway for your screenshot. Remember that path.Then you go to imgur.com and make a free account. This will let you upload the screenshot you just took onto the internet for free. This way you can back up your claims with more evidence than a wiki article k.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Again,
  • were you in zerk gear?

Gear is not the issueThey did have stack of mightNo

I think it is problem because it is toxic for the health of the game. If Thief deadeye rifle was a problem., why justify rifle warrior?'History teaches us lessons we should not forget' Anet, you did it before, nerf this skill