Anyone else getting one shotted with 22k-25k Kill Shot?

Burnfall.9573

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Just this minute a player reported in wvw that he was hit with 25k with Warrior Kill shot than I was hit with 22k (Anet you can check my log) Anet; please patch this skill asap. Thank you! in advance

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_Shot

One shots shouldn't exist at all ever, but as far as one shots or similar (multiple hits hitting simultaneously) goes, kill shot really is one of the least offensive ones there is, it is both telegraphed and takes plenty of setup.

@lodjur.1284 said:

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Just this minute a player reported in wvw that he was hit with 25k with Warrior Kill shot than I was hit with 22k (Anet you can check my log) Anet; please patch this skill asap. Thank you! in advance

One shots shouldn't exist at all ever, but as far as one shots or similar (multiple hits hitting simultaneously) goes, kill shot really is one of the least offensive ones there is, it is both telegraphed and takes plenty of setup.

I agree with you with one shots should've ever exist. There shouldn't be any exceptions to it either; telegraphed or not. When there are exceptions made to the rule; it defies everything you do. It's like telling someone to not lie yet you are telling them a half-lie. A half-truth is a whole lie.

"A half job is no job at all" Nerf all one shots or not to be taken seriously about resolving them at all

@"dynomite.5834" said:the solution is to stop running zerker armor and tank up!

This solution isn't one. You can tank up, but that it doesn't increase your chances to win that encounter. It just makes it longer. In the end you don't deal enough damage yourself to kill that opponent, while you still die.I experimented a lot with core necro and reaper over the last days with going full condi tank - which is the only real option for being "tanky" on a necro. In most cases I died in the end, because

• I wasn't able to reset fights at will like my opponents were and lost the game due to attrition vs. power classes
  • the other class had more access to boons than I had to corrupts
  • it has more condi cleanse than I have condi applicationor a sum of the above.

It's way more realistic for winning not to tank up, but go full power on the necro specs than trying to tank something.And yes, that's terrible game design when it's all about who deals more damage because it not decided by skill but "who has more access to invul, protection or anything to avoid those 10k+ hits."

edit:And people, please stop arguing with "dodge this" or "dodge that". Dodges are limited for a reason. It's a mechanic meant to be used for skills that cannot be avoided otherwise. It's not meant to be used against autohits that one shot you. If you dodge a autohit you are already dead because you wasted your most valuable option to avoid the big unblockable damage incoming.That's not how the game works. Yes, you should dodge a kill shot, but you can't dodge the kill shot, the bulls charge and the following knockback from rifle (example). And that's the reason why the balancing is so terrible. There is way too much damage in that game and way to less options to avoid it after Anet handed out unblockables and damage modifiers like candy.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

This solution isn't one. You can tank up, but that it doesn't increase your chances to win that encounter. It just makes it longer. In the end you don't deal enough damage yourself to kill that opponent, while you still die.I experimented a lot with core necro and reaper over the last days with going full condi tank - which is the only real option for being "tanky" on a necro. In most cases I died in the end, because
  • I wasn't able to reset fights at will like my opponents were and lost the game due to attrition vs. power classes

It's way more realistic for winning not to tank up, but go full power on the necro specs than trying to tank something.And yes, that's terrible game design when it's all about who deals more damage because it not decided by skill but "who has more access to invul, protection or anything to avoid those 10k+ hits."

edit:And people, please stop arguing with "dodge this" or "dodge that". Dodges are limited for a reason. It's a mechanic meant to be used for skills that cannot be avoided otherwise. It's not meant to be used against autohits that one shot you. If you dodge a autohit you are already dead because you wasted your most valuable option to avoid the big unblockable damage incoming.That's not how the game works. Yes, you should dodge a kill shot, but you can't dodge the kill shot, the bulls charge and the following knockback from rifle (example). And that's the reason why the balancing is so terrible. There is way too much damage in that game and way to less options to avoid it after Anet handed out unblockables and damage modifiers like candy.

You shouldn't have to dodge all three just the killshot

In your case ks warr should kill you on necro like 100 percent of the time that's just a heavily disadvantaged matchup.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

well said

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:working as intended.

You and I both know that warrior kill shot/ sniper warrior is broken because it isn't a new problem. Anet had dealt with it before and will nerf it again..

It was nerfed on berserker, where cast time is alot quicker, on shorter cooldown, does aoe damage + only take 1 bar of adrenaline.Base warr killshot is totaly fine, it has a longer cooldown, takes 3 bars of adrenaline and casts for ages (alongside you cannot move while you're casting). It can also be blocked, evaded, reflected, everything basicaly.Stop asking for nerfs and rather just dodge or block that one projectile, how hard can that be ? Stop facetanking things.

It was not that i was dueling a warrior really or was in a 5v5. It happen outside the entrance of Crystal Desert Valley where the enemy zerg entrapped us.

If Anet were to un nerfed thief-deadeye rifle damages again; i'm sure the community would be in a uproar again,
Killshot can not be made any exception regardless.

(If left unnoticed, all the hard work Anet did to minimize/eliminate one shotting would be in vain) Sooner or later; thief will make a case against Anet of playing double standard.

Again,
  • were you in zerk gear?
  • Did they have stacks of might/bloodlust?
  • did you have vulnerability?

I run a light armor class, and haven’t been hit by more than 8-10k from killshot. And that was with vulnerability on.

Not saying the right conditions don’t exist, just saying I don’t think it’s a problem.

Gear is not the issueThey did have stack of mightNo

I think it is problem because it is toxic for the health of the game.
If Thief deadeye rifle was a problem., why justify rifle warrior?
'History teaches us lessons we should not forget' Anet, you did it before, nerf this skill

do you want to say that rifle warrior is now a stronger opponent than a rifle deadeye?

@gebrechen.5643 said:

edit:And people, please stop arguing with "dodge this" or "dodge that". Dodges are limited for a reason. It's a mechanic meant to be used for skills that cannot be avoided otherwise.
It's not meant to be used against autohits that one shot you.
If you dodge a autohit you are already dead because you wasted your most valuable option to avoid the big unblockable damage incoming.That's not how the game works. Yes, you should dodge a kill shot, but you can't dodge the kill shot, the bulls charge and the following knockback from rifle (example). And that's the reason why the balancing is so terrible. There is way too much damage in that game and way to less options to avoid it after Anet handed out unblockables and damage modifiers like candy.

Great, good thing Kill Shot is not an auto hit is it? Problem solved.

Kill shot is one of the most telegraphed attacks in the game with a very obvious visual tell, a very long cast time and a hefty requirement which leaves the warrior without any adrenaline (and the rifle occupies one weapon slot).

Sorry but this is absolutely a learn to play issue if there ever is one.

You can sum up a ton of skills which would be on the "should dodge" list. My only question in this case is, what are you actually doing while you are letting someone else just pummel you and free cast all their skills?

@MUDse.7623 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:working as intended.

You and I both know that warrior kill shot/ sniper warrior is broken because it isn't a new problem. Anet had dealt with it before and will nerf it again..

It was nerfed on berserker, where cast time is alot quicker, on shorter cooldown, does aoe damage + only take 1 bar of adrenaline.Base warr killshot is totaly fine, it has a longer cooldown, takes 3 bars of adrenaline and casts for ages (alongside you cannot move while you're casting). It can also be blocked, evaded, reflected, everything basicaly.Stop asking for nerfs and rather just dodge or block that one projectile, how hard can that be ? Stop facetanking things.

It was not that i was dueling a warrior really or was in a 5v5. It happen outside the entrance of Crystal Desert Valley where the enemy zerg entrapped us.

If Anet were to un nerfed thief-deadeye rifle damages again; i'm sure the community would be in a uproar again,

(If left unnoticed, all the hard work Anet did to minimize/eliminate one shotting would be in vain) Sooner or later; thief will make a case against Anet of playing double standard.

Again,
  • were you in zerk gear?

I run a light armor class, and haven’t been hit by more than 8-10k from killshot. And that was with vulnerability on.

Not saying the right conditions don’t exist, just saying I don’t think it’s a problem.

'History teaches us lessons we should not forget' Anet, you did it before, nerf this skill

do you want to say that rifle warrior is now a stronger opponent than a rifle deadeye?

Not a stronger opponent but i can say, rifle warrior is the new rifle deadeye. Rifle warrior should be severely dealt with severe consequences as its counterpart rifle deadeye

Again,
  • were you in zerk gear?

Not a stronger opponent

you said rifle deadeye was a problem, so it seems to me they are fine for you now. yet you seem to have an issue with warrior, altho they are not stronger than current rifle deadeye.

you cannot just pick their edge case damage out of context and ask simply for a nerf. you can under specific circumstances burst with any profession that high or higher. that is mostly a result of choice given in your build. if you build for the highest burst possible it is usually not efficient because you will trade too much survivability for the damage and/or it will be difficult to apply the burst either because of a difficult setup or because of the ease to avoid it for the opponent. anet surely could get rid of most oneshots or very fast multihit kills but for this they would need to limit our choices in creating builds severly. for example forcing everyone to take 1 defensive traitline, at maximum 1 offensive utility etc. but i personally prefer having more choices. maybe if we had like 10 especs for each profession one could limit the choices a bit.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Just this minute a player reported in wvw that he was hit with 25k with Warrior Kill shot than I was hit with 22k (Anet you can check my log) Anet; please patch this skill asap. Thank you! in advance

I agree with you with one shots should've ever exist. There shouldn't be any exceptions to it either; telegraphed or not. When there are exceptions made to the rule; it defies everything you do. It's like telling someone to not lie yet you are telling them a half-lie. A half-truth is a whole lie.

"A half job is no job at all" Nerf all one shots or not to be taken seriously about resolving them at all

Oh I think this should be nerfed, I just the there are higher priorities on the one-shot list

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Great, good thing Kill Shot is not an auto hit is it? Problem solved.

Kill shot is one of the most telegraphed attacks in the game with a very obvious visual tell, a very long cast time and a hefty requirement which leaves the warrior without any adrenaline (and the rifle occupies one weapon slot).

Sorry but this is absolutely a learn to play issue if there ever is one.

You can sum up a ton of skills which would be on the "should dodge" list. My only question in this case is, what are you actually doing while you are letting someone else just pummel you and free cast all their skills?

It is a problem. It's an ability that is able to kill a full toughness build in a single action. And in case you missed it. GW2 isn't a duel arena where all options are available 100% of the time and there is the issue with "culling" of skills existent. It doesn't help at all that in theory you can see "the warrior kneeling down" if he doesn't because the animation is bugged or the server decides to hide that information from you.This gets even worse when stealth classes are involved.

Just cut the damage, delete damage modifiers and balance out the game between glass cannon builds, tank builds, condi builds and healing builds. At the moment there is two things that work. Massive power creep from glass cannons that aren't because they have access to invulnerables, stealth, etc. and one tank build with great damage aka boon ranger.

comparing rifle warrior with rifle deadeye....this is a thing ???i mean they are both rifles i get it, but warriors rifle is just sooooo clunky and outdated it gets outclassed by deadeye in so many ways.i wouldnt even consider it a "oneshot" since you rarely get higher than 7k dmga skill where you cant move for that long, thats not unblockable and can be dodged or blinded etc. should hit for ALOT.sometimes i get the feeling that ppl want warrior to not do any dmg at all, so that they can have a pet that follows them around, not doing anything but to tickle.