[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@Windfreeze.4701 said:

@"Gorkus.7496" said:OP = October 7, 2017Today = November 15, 2018That's over a year with no resolution.I bought the expansion 12 days ago, just got to level 80 today.Then I ran into this unaddressed bug and find it game-breaking. I am getting a refund.

This popup is driving me absolutely nuts too. Did you ever get in contact with customer support, and if so, what did they say?

Yeah, I did. The response was something like "sorry we aren't doing a thing about it, but know it's driving me nuts too."

A lot of this has probably already been said I'm sure.

1. New weapon stance ,and running with weapon animations for human males. You could just take some of the other races ,and mix them up. Either way human male has the ugliest weapon stance/running animations in my opinion. Suppose to be a fantasy game ,and it just feels boring ,and uninspiring to wield most weapons as a human male.
  2. Finish putting check boxes next to the rest of the armor. That way charr ,and norn can have better options when creating a look. Probably the oldest example ,but norn tattoos are hidden buy most of the available armor sets.
  3. The mistforged triumphant sets from WvW need to have a dye channel change so they don't continue to look half finished. The dye channel that controls those tendrils on the back should also change the armor glow. This way it is not blue 24/7.
  4. This one is probably to hard to due since it seems to be a staple in games ,but make acquiring equipment like legendary ones more fun ,and less of a job(this is a game after all). It is a digital item that only has use in this game ,and for most the process to finish one is what a half a year minimum of do the same thing repeatedly with a low yield rng( not to mention time gated items). I know this system has been around for years in many games mostly cause it is easy ,and cheap to implement. Guild wars 2 however was suppose to do things differently.
  5. I know armor check boxes where already mentioned in #2 ,but what about outfit check boxes so players can turn pieces invisible. I think it would add more to outfit usage ,and though it may not be exactly what all want it could be a middle ground of sorts.
  6. Timers on crafting of any kind need to go. I mean really putting a real life timer when crafting digital items in a game seems unnecessary. Instead people could be getting things done ,and going back to exploring/battling.
  7. Add all existing create a character options for free so players can make the character with all options from the go. Total makeover/hair kits will still serve a purpose every time someone wants to change how the character looks.
  8. Lastly get rid of any need for tokens to change armor appearance. In my opinion it looks really greedy to have a system in place like that. I think it would go along way if players could change armor skins on the fly without any kind currency needed to do so.

@"BlueIce.6951" said:When you have learned an account bound recipe it would be really cool if that recipe no longer showed in the vendor list. I know there is the red "You already know this recipe!", but you still have to hover over everything to find ones that you did not know.

Even if they throw a little Green check in the corner of the icon would be helpful. I like your idea.

@Lex.2081 said:

@"BlueIce.6951" said:When you have learned an account bound recipe it would be really cool if that recipe no longer showed in the vendor list. I know there is the red "You already know this recipe!", but you still have to hover over everything to find ones that you did not know.

Even if they throw a little Green check in the corner of the icon would be helpful. I like your idea.

Same for dyes. I've got this insane wish to have all the non-exclusive dyes unlocked one day and that would be really helpful.

@"Sigz.6943" said:

1. Finish putting check boxes next to the rest of the armor. That way charr ,and norn can have better options when creating a look. Probably the oldest example ,but norn tattoos are hidden buy most of the available armor sets.
  2. I know armor check boxes where already mentioned in #2 ,but what about outfit check boxes so players can turn pieces invisible. I think it would add more to outfit usage ,and though it may not be exactly what all want it could be a middle ground of sorts.

+1

@"Sigz.6943" said:

1. This one is probably to hard to due since it seems to be a staple in games ,but make acquiring equipment like legendary ones more fun ,and less of a job(this is a game after all). It is a digital item that only has use in this game ,and for most the process to finish one is what a half a year minimum of do the same thing repeatedly with a low yield rng( not to mention time gated items). I know this system has been around for years in many games mostly cause it is easy ,and cheap to implement. Guild wars 2 however was suppose to do things differently.

I don't know, the first and third collections for 1st generation legendaries are pretty fun, it's just the second one (the obvious money-sink and time-sink one) that that's a total grind. Not to mention Gift of Fortune, yeuch.

1. Timers on crafting of any kind need to go. I mean really putting a real life timer when crafting digital items in a game seems unnecessary. Instead people could be getting things done ,and going back to exploring/battling.

I don't agree timers should be done away with completely, because something like an Ascended armor set requires dedication, and it should be like that, in my opinion. Also, it keeps the price of high-end materials up, which is also a good thing.

However, I think they could increase the limit for the daily crafted stuff to 2 or 3 per day.

1. Add all existing create a character options for free so players can make the character with all options from the go. Total makeover/hair kits will still serve a purpose every time someone wants to change how the character looks.
  2. Lastly get rid of any need for tokens to change armor appearance. In my opinion it looks really greedy to have a system in place like that. I think it would go along way if players could change armor skins on the fly without any kind currency needed to do so.

+1

I wish that crafting professions were learned by account, not by character....Or there was an option at the crafting master to "unlearn this profession" or in the character select screen the hover-over that shows the crafting profession included the level number. I have 20+ characters and having to log in to find out who has the highest in X is a pain.

It'd be nice if the character select screen in general had more details... like equipped gear and bag contents. Sometimes I'm trying to locate who has a particular item/weapon/gathering tool/festival event item. Or if clicking on the map completion actually showed you the maps that character explored. Maybe show story/LW status by character. List their birthday/creation date. What order, if any, they joined. ETC.

The Verdant Brink meta with the Wyvern Matriarch should start at least 30 seconds later so that those players who aren't already on the platform have more time to tag and get into the fight. It's silly that it's become expected for players to camp the spawn and start early.

Similarly, the Domain of Istan Great Hall meta should have its first round of champion mobs spawn after Warden Amala reaches 90% health so people who were helping destroy fountains and not rushing straight in don't miss tagging them. Currently, spawning them so soon promotes ignoring helping with the fountain event and contributing players miss out on some of the first round of champion mobs.

Crafting panels improvement.There are people, who fond of collecting recipes, just like me. So i have some suggestions to craft organization.I'm not the first, but craft panels still the same, so i want to repeat all suggestions and add my own ones:1) Left panel (list) should receive Favorite tab (or make it as new drop-list).Mostly for cooking, though. Seriously, people that follows meta or earning gold have a small list of "approved" food. Searching each one it's a pain.2) Re-organize list of crafted weapons/armors by hiding prefixies in sub-lists. For example: we have Pearl greatsword and all his variations hide in drop-list.There is a problem though, cause there are unique skins like Corrupted or so. So it need some improvement too. But searching needed item in an ocean of prefixes is a pain (for not an 24/7 player for example).3) Auto-craft of subsequent ingredients (including auto-calc if not enough materials during process).4) Please, make new filter options!My suggestion:Expansion Filter (yep, like that, or LS option too). I want to have an opportunity to turn off/on recipes from specific expansions (maybe even locations in some cases).Reason? Simple enough. Buying recipes from HoT or Dry Top for collection i cant even find them in the list! I should remember specific ingredient or name! Mostly impossible, so i don't even know what i learned.Any other suggestions please. Give it a try.

I would be very happy about "persistent group settings", that means we all have some friends (guild mates, friends, relatives) with which we always make groups. So every day we open the guild window or the friend list and pick always the same persons to form a group. It would be very nice to save those group constellations to regroup later with one click.Would be ok to have 3 to 5 slots for groups.

There are so many awesome ideas and especially these: Movable UI and ANet developed DPS meter!

Moving our own UI will allow you to rearrange it to your liking, to be more practical to your play style and will most definitely improve your over all dps/game play. If you are wondering how can it improve your dps, well the most simple answer is that you are able to see cool downs of your skills faster instead of constantly looking down - allowing you to click your skills sooner. For me it is important due to having an ultra wide monitor, 3840x1600. Yes, I am aware that I can change the UI scaling but I do not want to have a crowded screen.

DPS meter will allow players to change rotations to improve their dps and game play in general. :)

@Sharvis.9085 said:The Verdant Brink meta with the Wyvern Matriarch should start at least 30 seconds later so that those players who aren't already on the platform have more time to tag and get into the fight. It's silly that it's become expected for players to camp the spawn and start early.

Similarly, the Domain of Istan Great Hall meta should have its first round of champion mobs spawn after Warden Amala reaches 90% health so people who were helping destroy fountains and not rushing straight in don't miss tagging them. Currently, spawning them so soon promotes ignoring helping with the fountain event and contributing players miss out on some of the first round of champion mobs.

It bugs me how players like to exploit the game however possible. Perhaps in Verdant Brink the canopy champions could have a damage aura (2000/s) that is reduced by 200 per 10% of map meta contribute: So if you help out at night it's not problem; you won't receive any aura damage, but if you're being lazy and exploiting you'll be out of luck.

I would like to have a device, allowing you to redo one of the story instance (personal or living season) where everyone is shown as friendly, every path accessible with no goals where you can simply explore / do it with your friends to RP. That way, we can wander around old lion's arch, claw island, within the cube of rata primus, secret arcane eye bases, istan great hall prison, gandara and so on...

-> That way, less players will break out maps.

@Daddicus.6128 said:Create another page for the Living Story season 3 and 4 Portal Tomes. The extra page would go to Lion's Arch.

Options:

• Make it a gem store addition.
  • Create other pages for the other five major cities. (This should match the gem store option above, if that is chosen.)

Just saying as an addition. You should be able to add the home portal stone to the books.

Actually, it would be nice to be able to combine the volumes, plus the home portal stone, unlimited passes (elon lilly, mists, mists, etc...), and a node for Lion's arch into one volume.

I noticed something, will be a very great change for the game and should be added ASAP in the gemstore:Can we have 1 additional filter for weapons/armors/dyes/minis based on the fact if we have unlocked the item/skin or not? Like:○ Unlocked○ Locked

That way, we can easily find on gemstore a skin we don't have without mistakes.