GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

Devil is in the title

I understand the new skins help fund newer content that takes less than an hour to get through, then another 6 months will go by and rinse repeat but New Hairstyles (Even old recycled GW1 hairstyles) would be amazing and show the community that anet is listening.

I browse forums more often than not, and I always see atleast 1 or 2 posts every other day about adding this or that to character customization, like new body types (which adding new models to me sounds hard as crap to program) Or new ear types for Asura, New tattoos for Norn, new this for that and so on.The last update towards character customization was several eye/ hair colors or accessory colors that gave us another shade of a moon blue that we clearly needed. /sarcasm.We get more accessory color updates of 5 different tints/ shades of green or orange than we do real changes, POSITIVE changes to the entirety of character customization.

I appreciate the mount skins, most of them are amazing, especially the recent ones but it's not where I want to spend money on content. Yes, adding new mount skins or chair skins or glider/ another outfit has been the only real content that we've gotten in the last few months. It's a rinse repeat cycle that I've found myself getting on GW2 less and less for.

No, I don't have to buy it and I don't- I log on to see what's new and what has changed/ what has bettered gw2 to make me keep coming back.
Most of all I want better content for WvW 1st, then PvP then PvE
Since I know that is never going to happen, the one thing I know is doable or thought was doable was asking for New character Cosmetics, or new updates to our Total Makeover kits.That's feasible right?It doesn't seem to be, since we got another gaudy chair skin, which I only ever see a handful of people use (RPers or other) and a pretty well detailed crystal meteor glider thingy.I always think to myself when this kind of content releases "Wow, these look nice but the resources could have went to New faces/hairstyles/horns/tattoos/ improved character editing etc for our characters."

It's just my thoughtsTell me what you think, would like to see in regards to Character/ Total Makeover kit updates.

TL;;DR I prefer new hairstyles/ faces/ ears/ horns/ tattoos over another chair skin or glider.

@Dante.1763 said:Not that i object overly to your posts about new faces and hairstyles, but...wouldnt it be better to bump an older one? You have quite a few of them already made.

@Dante.1763 said:Not that i object overly to your posts about new faces and hairstyles, but...wouldnt it be better to bump an older one? You have quite a few of them already made.

Yeah, idk what's going on i was trying to edit my post and it made me quote my own?????

Maybe I am biased as the OP, but there are hairstyle types I do wish we could have that would look great for some of my (or friend's) characters. They did add in new options for Human and Charr with PoF at least so, at least that's something. I'm just waiting for the rest to get some new options, too (and trust me, I skim any new LW episode cinematics for any tiny details hinting towards those cosmetics to later find "ah it was a reskin. Welp"). That being said, I do love the new outfit and the new mount skins, so I can still appreciate what other content goes into the gemstore.

Mursaat Robes Outfit and Golden Feathered Wings please! I love how everything I want was removed from the gem store right before I came back from hiatus. I know it's my fault I was gone and not playing at that time, but the timing of their removal a few months ago really sucks because now I don't feel like playing again until I can get them and outfit my character the way I want him to be!

I started playing a few months ago and have been waiting for the storage expander to go on sale so I could buy a few of them to make efficient use of my gems. I am a student in college and I am focusing on school so I am not working my funds are limited, I just gave up playing Dark Age of Camelot after 16 years (I had 3 accounts for most of that time) I generally commit to a game when i decide to play, and not having this storage makes things a little frustrating. in Dark Age, I had 31 mansions, each had 8 vaults with 100 slots and a merchant with another 100 slots and MOST of this was filled when I quit. Yes the game had a LOT less crafting materials from drops than GW2, so getting some of the storage expanders is sort of needed for my style of play but I find it hard to spend 800 gems per expander.

@Cryter.7823 said:I started playing a few months ago and have been waiting for the storage expander to go on sale so I could buy a few of them to make efficient use of my gems. I am a student in college and I am focusing on school so I am not working my funds are limited, I just gave up playing Dark Age of Camelot after 16 years (I had 3 accounts for most of that time) I generally commit to a game when i decide to play, and not having this storage makes things a little frustrating. in Dark Age, I had 31 mansions, each had 8 vaults with 100 slots and a merchant with another 100 slots and MOST of this was filled when I quit. Yes the game had a LOT less crafting materials from drops than GW2, so getting some of the storage expanders is sort of needed for my style of play but I find it hard to spend 800 gems per expander.

They just upgraded bank storage with more tabs. The material storage holds 8 stacks of mats.

There are several other ways to increase storage:

• Buy character slots with 18-20 slots bags
  • Add bag slots to existing characters.
  • Buy bags of unusually large size (24, 28, or 32 slots); insanely expensive, but some do it anyhow.
  • Buy a guild that has access to 250 slots of general storage (available on the grey market, I've seen sell offers from 700 to 1100 gold).

The black hole of suggestions created to make us think anything we post there will actually matter...it won't.

Cynical much?

Not like posting suggestions/requests in the General area will guarantee Anet will pay more attention to them? My point was that the forums have provided us with an avenue for these things, probably for a reason. I would expect Anet would look there first for suggestions/requests.

Just because we suggest/request something doesn't mean Anet will implement it. They probably don't have a dedicated person to answer every single one with a yes or no and reason for the response.

"Not like posting suggestions/requests in the General area will guarantee Anet will pay more attention to them?"

I wasn't meaning general was the right place to post it either, just simply meaning that things will come back to the store or go on sale when THEY want them to with no consideration to what people are suggesting in that thread. The thread is just to make us think or feel like we have some measure of control.

"They probably don't have a dedicated person to answer every single one with a yes or no and reason for the response."

I also don't expect or said I expect anything of the sort. They're not going to reply to anyone's posts on that thread, because they're not looking at it in the first place. LOL ...okay, maybe they are, but I'm sure they have their own cycle for determining what's available when, and when things go on sale. If anything, I'd bet the only posts on that thread they give any attention to are the actual suggestions for new items or ideas for things people would like to see, not already existing items people want back on the store or things they want to go on sale.

I know it's been stated before on the previous page but I'd like to say it as well; it'd be lovely to get the Strider's Medium Armor Skin back in the shop or available via black lion merchant.

Going by the other thread, it hasn't been around for several months now via shop. ;(

@"Shagaliscious.6281" said:Buying an extra character slot is a better way to spend your gems than extra bank tabs, gives you more storage for gems spent. Unfortunately the storage expanders were on sale in the fall to celebrate the 6 year anniversary, so I don't see them being on sale anytime soon.

Better is entirely subjective.It's true that purchasing a character slot and equiping the new character with bags is the best cost/storage slot that you can get. However, it comes with drastically higher logistics to use.

The four (not counting Shared Inventory) gem-store based ways of getting more storage space each have their benefit.

• Bank Tab - useful for the stuff you change out relatively often or want readily available for any character (but not to the point of keeping it in Shared Inventory).
  • Bag Slot - character bound, useful for extra gear sets etc, and to increase time between salvagings/trips to vendors etc.
  • Extra Character (a "Mule") - absolutely best cost-per-slot value, but tedious to move stuff to/from. Best used for long term storage or if you're always moving a lot of stuff at the same time anyway.
  • Storage Expander - simplifies logistics around materials (progressively less impact after the first), useful if you want to store a wide variety of materials. If it's only one or two materials you want to store, get any other option instead.