Eye On Necromancer For August 2019!

Swagger.1459

@Brujeria.7536 said:

@"ZDragon.3046" said:Dont forget about making
flesh wurm
a practical teleport/breakstun vs being a telegraphed "save point" that dies in 2 hitsNew Wurm

Shadow step to target location leaving behind a summoned flesh wurm to attack your foes. (instant cast /break stun)Follow up withTeleport back to your wurm's location destroying it, gaining life force, and blind foes. (now has a small cast time)

basically the portion that acts as the break stun needs to be flip flopped as a QoL change. This alone would make Wurm so much better.

I dont particularly agree with stealth on spectral skills but
spectral walk
making you immune to movement impairing conditions would be nice.

I only think currently that one trait should be a stealth trait for necro and its in the death magic tree
"Beyond the Vail"
should grant the necro 2 or 3 seconds of stealth upon leaving shroud. It makes sense here considering death magic is suppose to be your defense line and stealth acts as one of the strongest defense mechanics in the game. But thats just me.

-If they add breakstun to both spectral walk cast and spectral recall then it will be much better utility for use because lets be real necro needs some breakstuns as it doesnt have mobility.

That's exactly how it works right now...

actually its not. Spectral recall does not break stuns. its just a teleport.

They changed it? God damnit. Another hidden nerf

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@XECOR.2814 said:

@"ZDragon.3046" said:Dont forget about making
flesh wurm
a practical teleport/breakstun vs being a telegraphed "save point" that dies in 2 hitsNew Wurm

Shadow step to target location leaving behind a summoned flesh wurm to attack your foes. (instant cast /break stun)Follow up withTeleport back to your wurm's location destroying it, gaining life force, and blind foes. (now has a small cast time)

basically the portion that acts as the break stun needs to be flip flopped as a QoL change. This alone would make Wurm so much better.

I dont particularly agree with stealth on spectral skills but
spectral walk
making you immune to movement impairing conditions would be nice.

I only think currently that one trait should be a stealth trait for necro and its in the death magic tree
"Beyond the Vail"
should grant the necro 2 or 3 seconds of stealth upon leaving shroud. It makes sense here considering death magic is suppose to be your defense line and stealth acts as one of the strongest defense mechanics in the game. But thats just me.

-If they add breakstun to both spectral walk cast and spectral recall then it will be much better utility for use because lets be real necro needs some breakstuns as it doesnt have mobility. After condi cleanse implementation on spectral walk i dont think it needs movement impairment immunity for *balance.

It would still make more sense to have done it that way imo as it would have promoted the mobility behind the skill. But this is flexible i guess.
  • First of all wurm cast time should be halved(much needed qol) and cd should be reduced according to how much you want to *balance it. Secondly i think on the teleport use it should do 1 aoe boon corrupt and fear in a 240units radius around wurm so that it provides some burst potential and potential combos. Passive wurm attacks should also need something because it is very flavour less right now.

The first wurm cast should just teleport you and be instant none of this halfed cast bs. As a break stun tool you shouldn't have to place it (telling people) where you are going to go when you want to escape. Not to mention it can be killed before you can use it without it even providing a fair amount of time for you to abuse the situation of some one going for it. Just port and spawn the wurm at the same time. Then flip the skill to be used as a 2nd teleport back to the wurm.

We actually dont need anymore boon corrupts. IF we get more boon corrupts at this point its just to counter boon splatter that all other professions are getting so willy nilly.

Anet needs to cull boons down to a handle full on each profession, much like necro already has (having only mostly might, protection, and personal swiftness) if they do this for every profession we wont need new boon corrupts or increased boon corrupts added to reworked or new skills and traits. Consider this every time there is a boon corrupt it does 2 things

• Serves no current purpose in pve except in high end few fractal situations
  • Replaces what could have been a stronger tool or mechanic that could have been at the necromancers disposal from things like hard defenses to mobility

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Brujeria.7536 said:actually its not. Spectral recall does not break stuns. its just a teleport.That's part of the rework. They removed the stunbreak on Recall, but the cooldown does also not reset anymore when using it.

I think it's now better than before, esp. when considering that Spectral Walk is best used before entering shroud to have constant condi cleansing during shroud uptime (which you could achieve via DM as well, but this traitline is still trash and no serious option).

If you just call DM trash you have no clue about the game at least for pvp and maybe wvw.

@Patrick.2987 said:

@Brujeria.7536 said:actually its not. Spectral recall does not break stuns. its just a teleport.That's part of the rework. They removed the stunbreak on Recall, but the cooldown does also not reset anymore when using it.

I think it's now better than before, esp. when considering that Spectral Walk is best used before entering shroud to have constant condi cleansing during shroud uptime (which you could achieve via DM as well, but this traitline is still trash and no serious option).

If you just call DM trash you have no clue about the game at least for pvp and maybe wvw.

oh its still trash If you think its good now then you have no clue about the game especially in pvp and wvw (stop thinking about just that 1 minion trait)

Because of the fact that blood magic still does what its suppose to do better blood magic literally makes death magic's role a complete joke by doing everything it does betterDeath magic has a little condition removalBlood magic offers removal into life forceBlood magic offers better healingBlood magic offers protection via wellsBlood magic offers minion sustain

The only thing death magic offers that blood magic does not is a minion spawn trait to make players feel happy after its been requested for some years and some toughness which unless you go for a legit maximum toughness build amounts to Nothing when it comes down to eating a meaty burst.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

oh its still trash If you think its good now then you have no clue about the game especially in pvp and wvw (stop thinking about just that 1 minion trait)

Because of the fact that blood magic still does what its suppose to do better blood magic literally makes death magic's role a complete joke by doing everything it does betterDeath magic has a little condition removalBlood magic offers removal into life forceBlood magic offers better healingBlood magic offers protection via wellsBlood magic offers minion sustain

The only thing death magic offers that blood magic does not is a minion spawn trait to make players feel happy after its been requested for some years and some toughness which unless you go for a legit maximum toughness build amounts to
Nothing
when it comes down to eating a meaty burst.

IT is not about minions but toughness, near perma protection and lower incoming condition damage. It is stronger vs conditions and vs direct dmg so only healing is worse. Healing is getting better if you have to heal less tho. 3k armor + protection + 36% less incoming condition damage is pretty decent. Protection from wells is only applied if you cast them on yourself and you invest your utility slots for it at the cost of lifeforce and stunbreaks etc.

@"Patrick.2987" said:IT is not about minions but toughness, near perma protection and lower incoming condition damage. It is stronger vs conditions and vs direct dmg so only healing is worse. Healing is getting better if you have to heal less tho. 3k armor + protection + 36% less incoming condition damage is pretty decent. Protection from wells is only applied if you cast them on yourself and you invest your utility slots for it at the cost of lifeforce and stunbreaks etc.

You'll have to tell me where you find "near perma protection" in DM. 3 seconds of prot every 10s (if you flash shroud) isn't going to put you close to "near perma protection". It's even worse in PvP an WvW where it can just be removed or corrupted. The point is that Blood magic still largely outsustain any damage mitigation that DM can provide you and barely have prot uptime on top of that. If you need toughness, you gear for it, the extra toughness given by the traitline isn't going to do you any good. In fact it even end up being an issue for PvE content where this extra toughness is not welcome.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Patrick.2987" said:IT is not about minions but toughness, near perma protection and lower incoming condition damage. It is stronger vs conditions and vs direct dmg so only healing is worse. Healing is getting better if you have to heal less tho. 3k armor + protection + 36% less incoming condition damage is pretty decent. Protection from wells is only applied if you cast them on yourself and you invest your utility slots for it at the cost of lifeforce and stunbreaks etc.

You'll have to tell me where you find "near perma protection" in DM. 3 seconds of prot every 10s (if you flash shroud) isn't going to put you close to "near perma protection". It's even worse in PvP an WvW where it can just be removed or corrupted. The point is that Blood magic still largely outsustain any damage mitigation that DM can provide you and barely have prot uptime on top of that. If you need toughness, you gear for it, the extra toughness given by the traitline isn't going to do you any good. In fact it even end up being an issue for PvE content where this extra toughness is not welcome.

Heal can not sustain burst but ok. Armor gives prot, ring gives prot, both traits give prot, you obviously use a prot duration rune which also offers prot on hit. If you only face 1v1 specs you might be right since they can outsustain you otherwise probably but versus bursts protection and high armor is definitely better espacially when you always have a crosshair above your head as soon as a fight starts.

@Patrick.2987 said:

@Patrick.2987 said:IT is not about minions but toughness, near perma protection and lower incoming condition damage. It is stronger vs conditions and vs direct dmg so only healing is worse. Healing is getting better if you have to heal less tho. 3k armor + protection + 36% less incoming condition damage is pretty decent. Protection from wells is only applied if you cast them on yourself and you invest your utility slots for it at the cost of lifeforce and stunbreaks etc.

Heal can not sustain burst but ok. Armor gives prot, ring gives prot, both traits give prot, you obviously use a prot duration rune which also offers prot on hit. If you only face 1v1 specs you might be right since they can outsustain you otherwise probably but versus bursts protection and high armor is definitely better espacially when you always have a crosshair above your head as soon as a fight starts.

Do you run DM/SR with protection runes?

The thing is that I sort of know who you are as there aren't that many high elo reaper players, but I also know you like to run off meta builds to handicap yourself for fun. So I can't tell when you are actually being 200iq or are you posting off meta builds that you play because is fun. Death magic has been a meme for so long that is going to take quite a bit to convince others. Some information would be great.

@Patrick.2987 said:

The only thing death magic offers that blood magic does not is a minion spawn trait to make players feel happy after its been requested for some years and some toughness which unless you go for a legit maximum toughness build amounts to
Nothing
when it comes down to eating a meaty burst.

IT is not about minions but toughness, near perma protection and lower incoming condition damage. It is stronger vs conditions and vs direct dmg so only healing is worse. Healing is getting better if you have to heal less tho. 3k armor + protection + 36% less incoming condition damage is pretty decent. Protection from wells is only applied if you cast them on yourself and you invest your utility slots for it at the cost of lifeforce and stunbreaks etc.

The toughness you get from death magic is about 180 if you don't run minions and thats only in shroudIf you run minions it depends on them not going down fast to up keep the toughness which be both know does not happen because they are bad and have little defense against other players especially.

You wont find perma protection in necormancer even if you combine the new necormancer trait with shroud flassing and protection from blood magic via wells. its not even close to having perma protection. A mesmer can achieve levels of perma protection along with several other boons by dropping a few spells while dealign considerably more damage Elementalist can achieve perma protection with ease depending on their spec along with other boons and while they are more squishy they have damage avoidance tools to keep them safe.

Even if we could get perma protection and way more toughness from death magic it wont equal to to the sheer level that damage avoidance tools like evades, stealth, blocks provide on other professions on the same armor class no less.

So no it s really about how much damage you can avoid and how much you can reduce while sustaining yourself.Blood magic currently acts as a sustain tool for potential healing through offensive actions which is ok.Death magic should be acting as the tool to help avoid and reduce damage even more.While yes toughness will help reduce some damage its very minor we might be talking less than 5% when you look at the trait line alone when it comes to strike damage and more with condition depending on how you spec.What death magic does not do is improve damage avoidance, nore does it provide means to do so through boons like aegis or boosting certain weapon traits that would have blocks or evades on them (which is none on the necormancer)

So yes DEATH MAGIC is still trash. Until it does what

• Defense does for a warrior
  • Wilderness Survival Does for a ranger
  • Shadow Arts does for a Theif
  • Chaos does for a mesmer(just to name a few examples)IT WILL BE REGARDED AS TRASH! lol sorry i got a bit triggered.

@Patrick.2987 said:Corrupter's fervor adds another 300 toughness and u might take an amulet with toughness.

Do you take shrouded removal or putrid defense? I might give this a whirl later.

For SR, do you take soul barbs or the one that gives lf when feared? Since I recall you talking about spectral ring, do you just run full spectral then?

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@Patrick.2987 said:Corrupter's fervor adds another 300 toughness and u might take an amulet with toughness.

Do you take shrouded removal or putrid defense? I might give this a whirl later.

For SR, do you take soul barbs or the one that gives lf when feared? Since I recall you talking about spectral ring, do you just run full spectral then?

Yep staff ofc for condi application to stack fervor and mostly shrouded removal since 10% on much reduced damage is almost nothing as it is not additive. I like fear trait a lot more, for lf same for marks and shroud obviously with damage traits 600 ferocity, quickness and 33% crit. Heal mostly shout traited but if you face alot of conditions relentless pursuit and consume conditions might be better. Sigils not sure probably sth like agility the cleansing and purity and energy or sth and rune i can not decide if grove or earth is better. I think grove might get the upper hand with more prot duration and the 15s prot field even tho the stat is worse. Amulet i only played demolisher so far.

@Patrick.2987 said:

yep staff ofc for condi application to stack fervor and mostly shrouded removal since 10% on much reduced damage is almost nothing as it is not additive. I like fear trait a lot more, for lf same for marks and shroud obviously with damage traits 600 ferocity, quickness and 33% crit. Heal mostly shout traited but if you face alot of conditions relentless pursuit and consume conditions might be better. Sigils not sure and rune i can not decide if grove or earth is better i think grove might get the upper hand with more prot duration and the 15s prot field even tho the stat is worse. Amulet i only played demolisher so far.

utility would be spectral walk, ring and armor? Is grasp just outdated now? I figure everybody was running it last season.

• 7 months later...

@Lily.1935 said:First one yes. The rest no.

I'm with you. Didn't read everything but most of it I didn't like.

Taking away lifeforce as an extra healthbar and make shroud work like holoforge was my suggestion as well. But that would need a complete necro overhaul. Need blocks, or evade frames, or invincibility.

I don't like the idea of retaining skills while in shroud.Too much stealth. Reduce 5s to 3s.Necro already has 3 teleports.Spectral Grasp — the power of this skill is in pull and massive life force generation (15% for every target).

I think they need to focus on minions. They should be powered by life force. Make minions more powerful, but not for free, maybe 1% life force per second? Or e.g. constant amounts like 50 points? CDs reduced to few seconds. "Special" skill swapped to something like "Command your minion to explode and damage nearby foes".It's a fair trade off and maybe idle farmers will give up for a while.