Anyone else getting one shotted with 22k-25k Kill Shot?

Burnfall.9573

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"RedShark.9548" said:comparing rifle warrior with rifle deadeye....this is a thing ???i mean they are both rifles i get it, but warriors rifle is just sooooo clunky and outdated it gets outclassed by deadeye in so many ways.i wouldnt even consider it a "oneshot" since you rarely get higher than 7k dmga skill where you cant move for that long, thats not unblockable and can be dodged or blinded etc. should hit for ALOT.sometimes i get the feeling that ppl want warrior to not do any dmg at all, so that they can have a pet that follows them around, not doing anything but to tickle.

It's not about not wanting warriors to not do any damages at all. Either take a stand to promote competitiveness and a healthy environment seriously for the well being of the game including its players or not.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Great, good thing Kill Shot is not an auto hit is it? Problem solved.

Kill shot is one of the most telegraphed attacks in the game with a very obvious visual tell, a very long cast time and a hefty requirement which leaves the warrior without any adrenaline (and the rifle occupies one weapon slot).

Sorry but this is absolutely a learn to play issue if there ever is one.

You can sum up a ton of skills which would be on the "should dodge" list. My only question in this case is, what are you actually doing while you are letting someone else just pummel you and free cast all their skills?

It is a problem. It's an ability that is able to kill a full toughness build in a single action. And in case you missed it. GW2 isn't a duel arena where all options are available 100% of the time and there is the issue with "culling" of skills existent. It doesn't help at all that in theory you can see "the warrior kneeling down" if he doesn't because the animation is bugged or the server decides to hide that information from you.This gets even worse when stealth classes are involved.

Just cut the damage, delete damage modifiers and balance out the game between glass cannon builds, tank builds, condi builds and healing builds. At the moment there is two things that work. Massive power creep from glass cannons that aren't because they have access to invulnerables, stealth, etc. and one tank build with great damage aka boon ranger.

and the result would be exactly what was going on in season 5, invincible bunker builds which made games insanely tedious.

No way did a Kill Shot 100->0 you with toughness. That's just nonsense.

You are suddenly throwing in a ton of other issues and classes which have little to do with Kill Shot. Stay on topic. If you want to argue TTK or other classes, make a thread about it. This does not change the fact that Kill Shot is very visible. Also if you are being focused by x-amount of enemies, you are either very out of position or were jumped by multiple opponents. Both of those are situations were you deserve to die and should die.

Necromancer is inherently weak against getting jumped due to his lacking movement and lack in invulnerability skills. The trade-offs are his own abilities which make him superb in WvW zerg fights.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:comparing rifle warrior with rifle deadeye....this is a thing ???i mean they are both rifles i get it, but warriors rifle is just sooooo clunky and outdated it gets outclassed by deadeye in so many ways.i wouldnt even consider it a "oneshot" since you rarely get higher than 7k dmga skill where you cant move for that long, thats not unblockable and can be dodged or blinded etc. should hit for ALOT.
sometimes i get the feeling that ppl want warrior to not do any dmg at all,
so that they can have a pet that follows them around, not doing anything but to tickle.

It's not about not wanting warriors to not do any damages at all. Either take a stand to promote competitiveness and a healthy environment seriously for the well being of the game including its players or not.

Then go play Spvp and see how well warriors are doing. WvW is about numbers, always has been, always will be.

@Limodriver.4106 said:funny its ok to 1 shot ppl with ur mesmer and thief and a warrior no no no not ok.

it's the other way around. it's ok for warrior to 1 shot people because warriors are a ' damage all around profession', so why not give them game breaking damages that over exceed them but it's a big game breaker if mesmer and thief to 1 shot people

@gebrechen.5643 said:

In your case ks warr should kill you on necro like 100 percent of the time that's just a heavily disadvantaged matchup.

You mean like 90% of the matchups you have as a necro?

In any case it doesn't justify damage spikes like that from Killshot, Death's Judgement, Worldly Impact, Churning Earth, etc.

Yeah necros not great for open field duels but it's excellent for team fights when coupled with competent support. Any of the stuff you mentioned on that list starts to become increasingly irrelevant once the fights start to scale up in numbers while necro damage just gets better and better that's the trade off.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Limodriver.4106 said:funny its ok to 1 shot ppl with ur mesmer and thief and a warrior no no no not ok.

it's the other way around. it's ok for warrior to 1 shot people because warriors are a ' damage all around profession', so why not give them game breaking damages that over exceed them but it's a big game breaker if mesmer and thief to 1 shot people

There is not a single warrior build that gets remotely close to oneshot anyone. Dont throw around blatant lies, give me proof, that anyone with fully equipped gear got oneshot from warrior on the recent patch, proof it dude, dont just throw a tantrum for no reason. And NOBODY on a full tank build will get oneshot by ANY class. Especially not by warrior.Pics or it didnt happen.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Kill shot is one of the most telegraphed attacks in the game with a very obvious visual tell, a very long cast time and a hefty requirement which leaves the warrior without any adrenaline (and the rifle occupies one weapon slot).

You can sum up a ton of skills which would be on the "should dodge" list. My only question in this case is, what are you actually doing while you are letting someone else just pummel you and free cast all their skills?

It is a problem. It's an ability that is able to kill a full toughness build in a single action. And in case you missed it. GW2 isn't a duel arena where all options are available 100% of the time and there is the issue with "culling" of skills existent. It doesn't help at all that in theory you can see "the warrior kneeling down" if he doesn't because the animation is bugged or the server decides to hide that information from you.This gets even worse when stealth classes are involved.

Just cut the damage, delete damage modifiers and balance out the game between glass cannon builds, tank builds, condi builds and healing builds. At the moment there is two things that work. Massive power creep from glass cannons that aren't because they have access to invulnerables, stealth, etc. and one tank build with great damage aka boon ranger.

Show me proof of a warrior oneshotting anyone, especially one with full toughness, happens NEVER.

@RedShark.9548 said:

There is not a single warrior build that gets remotely close to oneshot anyone. Dont throw around blatant lies, give me proof, that anyone with fully equipped gear got oneshot from warrior on the recent patch, proof it dude, dont just throw a tantrum for no reason. And NOBODY on a full tank build will get oneshot by ANY class. Especially not by warrior.Pics or it didnt happen.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Show me proof of a warrior oneshotting anyone, especially one with full toughness, happens NEVER.

i play warrior rifle in PvP alternately with another warrior build on my free to play. and i saw another rifle warrior which can go up to 25 might and maintaining it by himself...

so the WvW scenario of 20k kill shot is not far fetched, especially with ascended/food and other stat buffs... and probably what i saw in pvp is that kind of rifle warrior talked about in this thread.

if legit, yeah, its good. but if hax, yeah, still trash..

@gebrechen.5643 said:Worldly Impact,

To be fair that got nerfed.These days I notice rangers rely more on winter's bite, maul or lol-bow auto/rapidfire for power-based pressure rather than an easily telegraphed move with a tiny radius, 1s cast time that roots the ranger and is usually interrupted in any sort of group environment. I kind of wish worldly impact worked more like Engi's jump shot, even if it meant dealing less damage.

That said, generally the warriors I die to are those in my face locking me down with boatloads of CC. I haven't found rifle on them to be so much of an issue. At least not since HoT.

~ Kovu

@zionophir.6845 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

i play warrior rifle in PvP alternately with another warrior build on my free to play. and i saw another rifle warrior which can go up to 25 might and maintaining it by himself...

so the WvW scenario of 20k kill shot is not far fetched, especially with ascended/food and other stat buffs... and probably what i saw in pvp is that kind of rifle warrior talked about in this thread.

Thank You! for not sugarcoating this matter. I spoke with some top warriors players in my server and told them of what had happened. They all agreed with me that it is indeed possible given the possibilities you have mentioned. They believe me!

I encourage Anet to confirm this happening by my logs. (I would not lie to Anet because they can suspend me. I would gladly accept the punishment if i am lying)

Here is a 2014 video of Killshot. The player states, "Roaming with my killshot warrior. It's a shame that this build probably won't be viable anymore with the crit damage nerf"

"It's a shame that this build probably won't be viable anymore with the XXX nerf." That's what i said months ago when they changed the traits around but it looks like you're still gettin' it done, hehe."

"Please. Please tell me this can still work?"

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Thank You! for not sugarcoating this matter. I spoke with some top warriors players in my server and told them of what had happened. They all agreed with me that it is indeed possible given the possibilities you have mentioned. They believe me!

I encourage Anet to confirm this happening by my logs. (I would not lie to Anet because they can suspend me. I would gladly accept the punishment if i am lying)

Here is a 2014 video of Killshot. The player states, "Roaming with my killshot warrior. It's a shame that this build probably won't be viable anymore with the crit damage nerf"

"It's a shame that this build probably won't be viable anymore with the XXX nerf." That's what i said months ago when they changed the traits around but it looks like you're still gettin' it done, hehe."

"Please. Please tell me this can still work?"

do you rly think that a video from 2014 is a reliable source ?this build is absolute trash and is nothing than a gimmicky thing.if this was actually viable it would be meta, or even close to it, but it isnt, guess why ? yes because its just bad,and if you seriously have a problem with this and being killed as much that you feel the need to open a thread about it, then its plainly a l2p issue.even in the video you can see how broken his armor is, guess why ? he died ALOT. OFC its not shown in the video how he dies that much, it just shows where he fought absolutely bad players or simply had luck with his killshot. there is nothing more to it. these kinds of montages are in no way a meaningful representation of a build.

• 1 year later...

To answer the OP's question, yes. I just ate a 27525 Kill Shot in WvW.

We were both mounted in my territory, nobody else for miles, so I can't see how he would've been buffed to the moon. He was following and hit me with Lance for 166 so I figured ok he wants to fight. I dismounted and managed to get in a Judge's Intervention to close the gap for minimal damage (440), and then bam downed before I could do anything else. (He followed up with an 8k Brutal Shot and a 15k Final Thrust after I was down. I got in a few burning ticks that totally didn't matter.)

Maybe I played it wrong, sure. I'm not the best by a long shot, but I expected a longer fight than that. I was running Marauder's and had a bit more than 20k health, and as far as I know there isn't a viable toughness build for guardians at the moment. Sometimes I run Valkyrie and that wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome.

Would appreciate knowing what I could've done differently other than just high-tailing it out of there.

@Deimos.4263 said:To answer the OP's question, yes. I just ate a 27525 Kill Shot in WvW.

We were both mounted in my territory, nobody else for miles, so I can't see how he would've been buffed to the moon. He was following and hit me with Lance for 166 so I figured ok he wants to fight. I dismounted and managed to get in a Judge's Intervention to close the gap for minimal damage (440), and then bam downed before I could do anything else. (He followed up with an 8k Brutal Shot and a 15k Final Thrust after I was down. I got in a few burning ticks that totally didn't matter.)

Maybe I played it wrong, sure. I'm not the best by a long shot, but I expected a longer fight than that. I was running Marauder's and had a bit more than 20k health, and as far as I know there isn't a viable toughness build for guardians at the moment. Sometimes I run Valkyrie and that wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome.

Would appreciate knowing what I could've done differently other than just high-tailing it out of there.

Don't open with JI against a warrior. You just wasted a stunbreak and are going to get mauled regardless of his weaponset. If he can hit you with a killshot point blank, then you certainly would have gotten hit by a decapitate or an arcing slice and then get stunlocked to death. That just does their job for them.

I mean, which warrior type was he? (Core, Berserker, Spellbreaker)