[Bug] Relink Issues - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Bug] Relink Issues

Comments

• Gaile, from what we see it seems like an actual bug...it would be great if you could please ping the devs just to double check that all is as it should be.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:
    This is a bug. It should be:
    Kaineng, Devona's Rest
    Blackgate, Eredon Terrace
    Anvil Rock, Ehmry Bay
    Northern Shiverpeaks, Sorrow's Furnace
    Fort Aspenwood, Darkhaven
    Sea of Sorrows, Sanctum of Rall
    Henge of Denravi, Borlis Pass
    Stormbluff Isle, Isle of Janthir
    Tarnished Coast, Jade Quarry
    Yak's Bend, Ferguson's Crossing
    Crystal Desert, Maguuma
    Gate of Madness, Dragonbrand

A bug? An actual, honest-to-Dwayna BUG, or just something with which you disagree?

Please use the correct term, not "I don't like this = bug" but "Something is broken = bug" so I can properly report to the devs. Thank you very much for any help you can give me with ascertaining what the concerns really are (as opposed to opinions, which have validity on a different level).

Yaks bend is currently Linked with Magumma, Dragonbrand and Fergusons Crossing. Crystal Desert and Gate of Madness are without a link at all, in game, right now, this is whats happening. its not a matter of we dont like the relinks.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:
    This is a bug. It should be:
    Kaineng, Devona's Rest
    Blackgate, Eredon Terrace
    Anvil Rock, Ehmry Bay
    Northern Shiverpeaks, Sorrow's Furnace
    Fort Aspenwood, Darkhaven
    Sea of Sorrows, Sanctum of Rall
    Henge of Denravi, Borlis Pass
    Stormbluff Isle, Isle of Janthir
    Tarnished Coast, Jade Quarry
    Yak's Bend, Ferguson's Crossing
    Crystal Desert, Maguuma
    Gate of Madness, Dragonbrand

A bug? An actual, honest-to-Dwayna BUG, or just something with which you disagree?

Please use the correct term, not "I don't like this = bug" but "Something is broken = bug" so I can properly report to the devs. Thank you very much for any help you can give me with ascertaining what the concerns really are (as opposed to opinions, which have validity on a different level).

Currently Yaks Bend has 3 links.. being Ferguson's Crossing, Maguuma and Dragonbrand and according to what the links are meant to be, Dragonbrand should be linked with Gate of Madness and Maguuma should be linked with Crystal Desert not Yaks Bend

• neven.3785neven.3785 Member ✭✭✭

rather than stoke anger, perhaps next time a bug in linking is reported, check to see what the api is outputting as the server linkings
    http://gw2stats.com/na for instance will show you what the current state is (if the API is up)

• @Erron.5327 said:
    Gaile, from what we see it seems like an actual bug...it would be great if you could please ping the devs just to double check that all is as it should be.

Doing that now. So sorry for the mix-up, and I assure you no egg nog was involved in the posting of this thread! :)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

Let's just go with it.

Apathy is death.

• Links are fine, just the announcement of the server re-links are not.
    This is currently the server links in my WvW tier
    Henge of Denravi + Borlis Pass
    Sea of Sorrows + Sanctum of Rall
    Yak's Bend + Maguuma + Dragonbrand + Ferguson's Crossing

• @Gaile Gray.6029

I'm actually playing reset right now so I might've missed a post, but it's clear that the listed links on the forum are the correct ones. GoM is vastly outnumbered being by themselves in T4, and YB has insanely large queues - more than 250+ people in queue across all 4 maps earlier in the night, even now it's still over 200 people in queue across all 4 maps.

• The 4-server link made me think Bethesda had acquired ArenaNet so they could take the GW2 code and plop Fallout assets on top of it and call it the next Fallout game.

• @Tinnel.4369 said:
    "Population designations and links are data driven. We have the data, trust us, we know what we're doing."

"Mmmk."

"Data one goes here and disa one goes dere" :)

• ROFLOLMAOO

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018

@Digger.8659 said:
    Links are fine, just the announcement of the server re-links are not.

No, looks at the queues for the 4 server link. The published links are clearly what they were meant to be. Matchups are also completely incorrect for the links.

• @neven.3785 said:
    rather than stoke anger, perhaps next time a bug in linking is reported, check to see what the api is outputting as the server linkings
    http://gw2stats.com/na for instance will show you what the current state is (if the API is up)

Hey, would you mind telling me what the API is outputting? I am now sensing a disagreement about whether the links are correct or not, and that leads me to be unsure if the post is accurate or not.

Clearly, world linking is not my field of expertise, but I have reported this thread as a point of concern, and those more knowledgeable than I will take a look.

Thanks for any additional info you can share.

Gaile Gray

• Caysadia.7405Caysadia.7405 Member ✭✭✭

@Digger.8659 said:
    Links are fine, just the announcement of the server re-links are not.

I think anet forgot a link for yb, we're currently losing. I think adding BP would really help out the server

• neven.3785neven.3785 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018

Stormbluff Isle +Isle of Janthir
    Crystal Desert
    Blackgate +Eredon Terrace

Kaineng +Devona's Rest
    Fort Aspenwood +Darkhaven
    Tarnished Coast +Jade Quarry

Yak's Bend +Maguuma, Dragonbrand, Ferguson's Crossing
    Henge of Denravi +Borlis Pass
    Sea of Sorrows +Sanctum of Rall

Anvil Rock +Ehmry Bay
    Northern Shiverpeaks +Sorrow's Furnace
    Gate of Madness

are what the matches are, reports from some tiers is outnumbered on every map, then yaks bend on the other end with over an hour later and still over 200 queued peoples. This happened once in the past, where it was blatantly obvious there was a mistep in relinks, the devs rerolled the linkings like an hour later.

• borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@neven.3785 said:

Hey, would you mind telling me what the API is outputting? I am now sensing a disagreement about whether the links are correct or not, and that leads me to be unsure if the post is accurate or not.

Clearly, world linking is not my field of expertise, but I have reported this thread as a point of concern, and those more knowledgeable than I will take a look.

The links posted here in the forums, by Joe Belousek.9716 is very different from what's in-game. We don't know which is true because it was said that linkings are automatically generated based on server performance or there's some hocus pocus going on.

Apathy is death.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@neven.3785 said:

It seems the API is indeed part of the problem, sites like gw2stats and the wiki are reporting the linkings as they exist in the game. In any case, they need to be re-done because this is an awful situation for GoM (which doesn't have nearly enough people to compete even on reset) and for people on the YB tetraserver (where a lot of people can't even play tonight due to the queues).

I'm guessing CD is also very outnumbered (like GoM), awaiting confirmation on that.

• The links posted here in the forums, by Joe Belousek.9716 is very different from what's in-game. We don't know which is true because it was said that linkings are automatically generated based on server performance or there's some hocus pocus going on.

This @Gaile Gray.6029

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018

The problem is clear, Crystal Desert and Gates of Madness do not have links. YB is linked with Maguuma, Dragonbrand and Fergusons Crossing with huge queues.

The published link document states Crystal Desert should be linked with Maguuma, Gates of Madness with Dragonbrand and YB with Fergusons Crossing which are all reasonable.

• Thanks to those of you who are posting helpful information. We have eyes on this thread, and things will be addressed as soon as they can.

A few members have chosen to post disruptive, unconstructive, or off-topic comments. The rare member has scored the trifecta of forum silliness by doing all three. Don't so it, guys, it's just not necessary, and it's diluting the valuable information that others are sharing.

Again: This is a known issue, prioritized to be corrected as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018

Here you go, this is what we see in gw2stats.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

https://imgur.com/NR86lUu

• Menzo.2185Menzo.2185 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018

Anet, the relink published by you in the forum are not what we seeing in the tiers.

• Towelie.9504Towelie.9504 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@neven.3785 said:

All match ups are shown here:
    https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/wvw/matches?ids=all
    with world ids translated to their names here:
    https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/worlds?ids=all

the severs and their links are shown under the all_worlds attribute, for example:
    "all_worlds": {
    "red": [
    ],
    "blue": [
    ],
    "green": [
    ]

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Thanks to those of you who are posting helpful information. We have eyes on this thread, and things will be addressed as soon as they can.

A few members have chosen to post disruptive, unconstructive, or off-topic comments. The rare member has scored the trifecta of forum silliness by doing all three. Don't so it, guys, it's just not necessary, and it's diluting the valuable information that others are sharing.

Ok, I am confused... So the current links are actually wrong (bug?) and the correct links are the ones that were posted by Joe?

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• Kilo.2539Kilo.2539 Member ✭✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Thanks to those of you who are posting helpful information. We have eyes on this thread, and things will be addressed as soon as they can.

Ok, I am confused... So the current links are actually wrong (bug?) and the correct links are the ones that were posted by Joe?

That’s correct. YB is a 4 server link while GoM and CD have no link (because YB has their links)

• Are the wvw mis-links going to be fixed??? 4 servers in one link makes it not available to half the people trying to play.

• Menzo.2185Menzo.2185 Member ✭✭✭

Yb has 3 servers but is being defeated. lol

• DB+ YB + MAG + FC still has a collective 150 man map queue. The API is totally wrong. Desert is at the lowest point of the night of any map at a 15 man queue....

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

I so want to be a fly on the wall, once this is corrected and the angry threads start popping up from those that transferred tonight.

• I realize that it's close to the holidays, but this re-linking fiasco kind of makes me sad. The fact that this was caught on the forums and not by someone monitoring the servers really, really hurts.

• Now that YB has coverage we ain't ever going back to the dark times :open_mouth:

imm0rtal - YB4life

• I think it's safe to say the launch of Alliances will be a huge success!

Arenanet trolling WvW players yet again.

• Guys, go and do the wintersday jumping puzzle thing. That'll cheer you up!

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

What can we say? No more holiday for dev for next friday.

Founder & Retired Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi
    https://discord.gg/P5dj7fd

• Drinks.2361Drinks.2361 Member ✭✭✭

@Sneakymanatee.3784 said:
    DB+ YB + MAG + FC still has a collective 150 man map queue. The API is totally wrong. Desert is at the lowest point of the night of any map at a 15 man queue....

yeah VR saw that & looked around for a server with no queues & transferred right away so we'd be able to play instead of waiting in a queue every night

• Yak's Bend, DB, Mag, and FC superlink!

Fun queue times!

-There is nothing wrong with me that can't be fixed with a little prozac and a polo mallet!-

• so ... thats it ? nothing happen for the weekend ... enjoy wvw queues or outnumbered

Officer of Equinox Solstice [TIME] / Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    WvW server: Henge of Denravi

• well dunno what to say other than I will be working on a couple of Legendary weapons and play just enough to get my chests capping the occasional camp or killing a yak cause HOD is currently outnumbered on ALL maps .... gimme those sweet sweet pips. I do know that whole guilds won't be playing till its sorted so back to PVE and heck I always wanted to try WOW

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

Tonight was the best night in several years, thank you a net. Pure comedy gold

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    I'm hoping we'll have an update soon. This is a Friday and the weekend preceding a holiday, and I imagine some people are travelling. Still, I'm talking to folks about this and again, hope we'll be able to share more info soon. In the meantime, know we're aware of the situation and very sorry about the confusion!

fighting against 4 servers isn't fun.. I hope we don't have an entire week of this garbage.

• poor us , what a sad end of the year

Officer of Equinox Solstice [TIME] / Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    WvW server: Henge of Denravi

• @Trajan.4953 said:
    Tonight was the best night in several years, thank you a net. Pure comedy gold

Said every player on YB. Lol.

Everyone I talk to says WvW is going to the dogs, and it's sad to see.

• @neven.3785 said:
    Stormbluff Isle +Isle of Janthir
    Crystal Desert
    Blackgate +Eredon Terrace

Kaineng +Devona's Rest
    Fort Aspenwood +Darkhaven
    Tarnished Coast +Jade Quarry

Yak's Bend +Maguuma, Dragonbrand, Ferguson's Crossing
    Henge of Denravi +Borlis Pass
    Sea of Sorrows +Sanctum of Rall

Anvil Rock +Ehmry Bay
    Northern Shiverpeaks +Sorrow's Furnace
    Gate of Madness

are what the matches are, reports from some tiers is outnumbered on every map, then yaks bend on the other end with over an hour later and still over 200 queued peoples. This happened once in the past, where it was blatantly obvious there was a mistep in relinks, the devs rerolled the linkings like an hour later.

Hopefully they haven't all gone home for Xmas and left us with mess for Xmas. I was looking forward to some fun.

• apparently Anet is off until the new year. but its ok I am through gold and look forward to getting through diamond by tomorrow night ..... thanks Anet outnumbered sweet sweet pips. funny thing is I just moved from YB to HOD along with probably half of the guilds more or less and they still have the population as very high (1800 gems to transfer to) but linked up with 3 other servers.

and come to think of it I am still wondering how HOD is still in T3 when we won last week?

if anyone is interested there is a sale on WOW cards at Walmart

• Belorn.2659Belorn.2659 Member ✭✭✭

This week had the most unbalanced match up I can recall in ages. I could barely even farm tickets since most of EU dead hours only had 1 or 2 camps in total on all the maps that was not ours already so there were nothing to refresh participation. Good to see that the situation is actually a bug.

@Panicbutton.9426 said:
    What a shambles. The most frustrating part about this is that the community had to tell Anet. I find it really hard to believe that a person isn't checking the servers after they relink, just to make sure that one of the most fundamental and important things that happens to servers for the WvW game mode goes ahead smoothly.

A somewhat hidden truth, but gw1 and gw2 has a lot of manual labour for things which should be automatic. I hope at least that the outcome of this event is that someone find time to write tests so that they can verify automatically that the linking outcome is correct (assuming that the intended end result are stored correctly somewhere on the system).

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.