Ele is OP and needs nerfs. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ele is OP and needs nerfs.

mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

Eles just run around OHKOing everyone and dominating the leaderboard. How is anyone supposed to fight against this class with god tier heals and damage at the same time?

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

<1

Comments

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

Their low health pool makes them easy to 2 shot on anything with good DPS if you coordinate the strikes during stability downtime or just boon removal/CC trains.

• Eme.2018Eme.2018 Member ✭✭✭

Mate churning earth has a 2 second cast time, so just count and dodge. Judging by this, you would have evaded the 6k from the Lighting Flash too.

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2018

HAHA god tier what a joke, You have to be kidding me. A class that has like 9 to 12k hp and can be 2 shot easily is op because it can heal itself? What good is being able to heal full health if you can easily be cced and blown up in two hits?

Also a lot of abilities are channeled an weaver is locked out of heal abilities for a while if they go damage.

Try taking advice from others: Play a weaver to see how to counter it and tempest and then you will know how to play.

try being reasonable in a era where you got classes such as reaper who can easily do 20k in a single hit and hit multiple times for 5 to 10k and deadeye and mirage who can blow you up as well.

A class like elementalist needs invuln to survive because it has low hp and cannot survive long, and you want to take the sustain and damage? no.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• Ele is a problem if team dont focus.
    Ele dont ned nerf just ppl learn how play.

• this is clearly a L2P issue

• Stallic.2397Stallic.2397 Member ✭✭✭

Hahaha! Kudos to the ele who pulled this off!... He must have channeled, blinked in, and finished in a quick flash. An overplayed move used since 2017. But that doesn't make him OP. Compared to other classes, Guardians, Thieves, Revs, Mesmers and even rangers can do the same thing. Without having to channel a 2 sec ability.

• cgMatt.5162cgMatt.5162 Member ✭✭✭

They have to build for that kind of damage and it is hugely telegraphed. Low armor, low health, even easier to one shot it than it is to get one shot by it.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zenix.6198 said:
    Woah woah woah ....slow down buddy
    this whole "X is trash and needs buffs" meme was fun and all.
    But plz dont call for ele nerfs ....knowing Anet they might just do it.

Better to get a Nerf on Ele rather than Shatterstone buff.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• @Axl.8924 said:
    HAHA god tier what a joke, You have to be kidding me. A class that has like ** 9 to 12k hp** and can be 2 shot easily is op because it can heal itself?

Rly ?? are you serious ? u already see a Weaver with 9-12k HP ?? Almost all the weaver in pvp are going around with 18-20k HP..... dishonest.

Troll since 1982.

• @Seth.8906 said:
    Ele is a problem if team dont focus.

And then we just have to leave alone the megabomb reaper, the super healer Firebrand, oneshot ninja...and others and just focus the weaver..... yea good idea

Troll since 1982.

edited December 23, 2018

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@Axl.8924 said:
    HAHA god tier what a joke, You have to be kidding me. A class that has like ** 9 to 12k hp** and can be 2 shot easily is op because it can heal itself?

Rly ?? are you serious ? u already see a Weaver with 9-12k HP ?? Almost all the weaver in pvp are going around with 18-20k HP..... dishonest.

I got less than 12k hp.Point is: eles have less health than say necromancers.They survive through mobility and sustain abilities such as invulns. I could easily get hit by a reaper for 9k multiple times, and insta murdered, so If a ele is pvping, he needs a way to survive, don't you think its selfish to ask for a class to sacrifice all survivability and damage? Im not saying that eles don't have their strong sides, but lets be reasonable and point out exact problems with evidence such as video and a decent footnote on what the problem is, and also knowledge of if you play elementalist to know what the problem is, and not just randomly asking for something to be nerfed because you hate that class.

I don't like flat out asking for unfair nerfs to a class if the person is doing so under the information they might be bad and simply don't want to learn 2 play. This game is a two way side, if you nerf the fun out of elementalists, you end up where it might be fun for you, but bad for all elementalists.

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

Inb4 another Ele nerf.

Honestly, do you have any idea how long Churning Earth takes to charge? If you got caught in it, then you were standing in it long enough for it to go off. That's on you. The Ele is completely immobile while they are casting it and you have plenty of time to get away.

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Axl.8924 said:
    I got less than 12k hp.Point is: eles have less health than say necromancers.They survive through mobility and sustain abilities such as invulns. I could easily get hit by a reaper for 9k multiple times, and insta murdered, so If a ele is pvping, he needs a way to survive, don't you think its selfish to ask for a class to sacrifice all survivability and damage? Im not saying that eles don't have their strong sides, but lets be reasonable and point out exact problems with evidence such as video and a decent footnote on what the problem is, and also knowledge of if you play elementalist to know what the problem is, and not just randomly asking for something to be nerfed because you hate that class.

I don't like flat out asking for unfair nerfs to a class if the person is doing so under the information they might be bad and simply don't want to learn 2 play. This game is a two way side, if you nerf the fun out of elementalists, you end up where it might be fun for you, but bad for all elementalists.

I'd expect someone like you Axl to know how to shut down a reaper's burst even as an elementalist. Anyway, you don't seem to understand the thread by itself, which is both sad and amusing at the same time.

• i am going to take this OP srs and store venom in my heart for anyone who disagrees with me in the future

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

edited December 23, 2018

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I'd expect someone like you Axl to know how to shut down a reaper's burst even as an elementalist. Anyway, you don't seem to understand the thread by itself, which is both sad and amusing at the same time.

That's not my point. Look a deadeye can stealth and shoot you down for a ton of damage, a soulbeast can do a ton of damage, and a mirage also do a ton of damage.

The point is that I d don't think eles need a nerf, and the point the person tried to explain seems rather poor. That person to receive that much damage, they must have been either really bad or just standing around.

Seriously he received 27000 damage from churning earth.

The point is also not that reaper can easily be avoided, but that damage is much higher in pof, and that without decent abilities like sustain, its much more difficult to survive, and eles depend less on the less ineffective large hp that necromancers depend on and die because of their lack of tools, and more on other stuff.

My point is I don't want classes to be nerfed just because someone doesn't want to learn how to counter them.

• Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭

Anyone who manages to get hit by ch.earth,deserves to take 100k damage and honorary dishonour for 1 hour.
    Even I can dodge that,or more accurately slowly walk out of radius while the poor Ele charges it up.

• @Aenaos.8160 said:
    Anyone who manages to get hit by ch.earth,deserves to take 100k damage and honorary dishonour for 1 hour.
    Even I can dodge that,or more accurately slowly walk out of radius while the poor Ele charges it up.

I have to inform you , you wont be able to 'slowly walk away' from it while he casting it because of a flash. Thats how little you know lad

• Don Vega Van Kain.9842Don Vega Van Kain.9842 Member ✭✭
    edited December 23, 2018

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I play engi, war, mesmer, elem, core guard in pvp.

I don't call to nerf anything but...weavers are rly in a good situation ( i play tempest in wvw and starting playing weaver in pvp without any prerequisites), i can handle my fight...easily, yeah ppl can hit me hard but...i can sustain my self very quickly and reply hardly too.

The problem is ppl mixing between love playing a profession and knwoing how to play it, there's a few gooooood weavers there, the rest !!? averages or bads.

Buffing Elem (Weaver) at the moment gonna just make Averages/bads weavers good and Good Weavers.... GODS.

Troll since 1982.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think ranger hits harder.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Axl.8924 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

That's not my point. Look a deadeye can stealth and shoot you down for a ton of damage, a soulbeast can do a ton of damage, and a mirage also do a ton of damage.

The point is that I d don't think eles need a nerf, and the point the person tried to explain seems rather poor. That person to receive that much damage, they must have been either really bad or just standing around.

The point is also not that reaper can easily be avoided, but that damage is much higher in pof, and that without decent abilities like sustain, its much more difficult to survive, and eles depend less on the less ineffective large hp that necromancers depend on and die because of their lack of tools, and more on other stuff.

My point is I don't want classes to be nerfed just because someone doesn't want to learn how to counter them.

Seriously, can't you just read the mood of the thread? Nobody here complain about the elementalist's damages or a lack of counter to it. It's just a big sarcastic thread that copy some other threads in the same style. Nobody "really" ask for an elementalist nerf nor do they really ask for a thief/mesmer/holo/soulbeast buff.

Beside, the only way to receive a 27k churning earth is probably to already be in downed state when you receive it, everybody here is aware of that. You are overreacting on things that you should take with a grain of salt.

NB.: Still you are greatly underestimating the elementalist, the elementalist have a lot of tools that aren't used and could help him but they aren't necessarily effective for most of the situation which lead players to disregard them. For example the tempest's shout trait is easily disregarded by elementalists players but it got some good synergy with runes of aristocracy.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

this is a good showcase why pvp forums should show your rank tier atm

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Seriously, can't you just read the mood of the thread? Nobody here complain about the elementalist's damages or a lack of counter to it. It's just a big sarcastic thread that copy some other threads in the same style. Nobody "really" ask for an elementalist nerf nor do they really ask for a thief/mesmer/holo/soulbeast buff.

Beside, the only way to receive a 27k churning earth is probably to already be in downed state when you receive it, everybody here is aware of that. You are overreacting on things that you should take with a grain of salt.

NB.: Still you are greatly underestimating the elementalist, the elementalist have a lot of tools that aren't used and could help him but they aren't necessarily effective for most of the situation which lead players to disregard them. For example the tempest's shout trait is easily disregarded by elementalists players but it got some good synergy with runes of aristocracy.

Nice runes, I bet I could stack quite a lot of stacks of might with that while doing lightning.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

The best way to counter that kind of damage ele is to look at it, then fart on it.

• tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2018

@Sigmoid.7082 said:
    OP is a master fisherman. So much caught with this bait.

I think everyone on this forum too mad to see this xD
    It was so kitten obvious.... Only I understood this after 0.1 s seeing this thread?:D

• Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Aenaos.8160 said:

I have to inform you , you wont be able to 'slowly walk away' from it while he casting it because of a flash. Thats how little you know lad

That flash is from my phone.I stop and take a selfie just before I step out of radius.Then I yawn.Then I walk away.

• I don't play ele much and I suck at PvP, but I know that churning earth has a long windup time and it's ridiculously easy to avoid. Realistically, seeing as how ele's have the lowest hp pool, they should be pumping out the most damage, which they don't.

I wish ele's were OP and needed nerfs.. I'd likely play mine more then.

edited December 23, 2018

@Sigmoid.7082 said:
    OP is a master fisherman. So much caught with this bait.

its because weavers summon op water dragon pokemon that fart condis of 50 stacks of bleed/burn etc and can cast multiple stacks of boon quickness and alacricity on the elementalist who summoned the water dragon.

• @DeadlySynz.3471 said:
    I don't play ele much and I suck at PvP, but I know that churning earth has a long windup time and it's ridiculously easy to avoid. Realistically, seeing as how ele's have the lowest hp pool, they should be pumping out the most damage, which they don't.

I wish ele's were OP and needed nerfs.. I'd likely play mine more then.

A real case of what i'm talking about, you think a weaver gonna just press 5 earth just like that to proc Chrning earth ?? ohhh noo, first he gonna press 4 earth to knock you down for 2 sec ohhhh wait..... you know what, churning earth proc in 2 sec...... annnnd you gonna eat it unless u have a not used breakstun.

Other wise, i notice that everytime there's a real discussion about weaver, there's 3-4 weavers main who goes sarcastics and fake news (na ?) .... maybe you should play something else than weaver...you know, the différence between loving a profession and play it well :p

Troll since 1982.

• Theros.1390Theros.1390 Member ✭✭✭

Oh please no.

You took a LF + CE combo, you just saw the numbers, and then came on the forums to say OP OP OP.

First of all, Churning Earth has a 2 full seconds cast time. Lightning flash has 40.

If you're not able to do a dodge 1,5 sec after the ele begin to cast it, well, I'll agree with all the peoples up there who said "this is a L2P issue".

@Axl.8924 said:

To deal 6k with Lightning flash and 27k with Churning Earth, it is just OBVIOUS that this ele run a full ZERK build, and then NO he had not 18-20k HP, but 11,645 HP.

It would be great to consider all what this ele had to sacrifice to deal this amount of damages, because a lot of other professions also do insane damages with MUCH MORE survivability.

I might be kinda rude here, but it makes me really upset when I see a nonsense pray for a nerf.

edited December 23, 2018

1st com. del.

Troll since 1982.

edited December 24, 2018

@Theros.1390 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

To deal 6k with Lightning flash and 27k with Churning Earth, it is just OBVIOUS that this ele run a full ZERK build, and then NO he had not 18-20k HP, but 11,645 HP.

I might be kinda rude here, but it makes me really upset when I see a nonsense pray for a nerf.

Pls, before answer just... just try to read what i wrote :

** I don't call to nerf anything** but...weavers are rly in a good situation ( i play tempest in wvw and starting playing weaver in pvp without any prerequisites)

..... and i'm speaking about weaver generally not just this case. my problem is the hypocrisy of ppl, they know what can weaver do and just trying to hide it....or maybe they don't know...it's worst.

@Theros.1390 said:
    It would be great to consider all what this ele had to sacrifice to deal this amount of damages, because a lot of other professions also do insane damages with MUCH MORE survivability.

Really... who ? war ? fb ? and who else ?? Weaver have the better sustain of this game...wake up.

The only way to deal with it it's to focus it (that mean less ppl in others points) or burst it when he look in the other side (deadeye/rev), if he see u, you're lost, and here i'm not ok with this nether (i'm talking about the burst)

Troll since 1982.

• @Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@Seth.8906 said:

And then we just have to leave alone the megabomb reaper, the super healer Firebrand, oneshot ninja...and others and just focus the weaver..... yea good idea

Ele need 4 5 s of focus if you go for fb or reaper bb team

• @Seth.8906 said:

@Seth.8906 said:

Ele need 4 5 s of focus if you go for fb or reaper bb team

fb/Reaper don't have the mobility of a weaver (the reaper nether the sustain), so 4, 5 s focus.....nahhh :#

Troll since 1982.

• @tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    Their low health pool makes them easy to 2 shot on anything with good DPS if you coordinate the strikes during stability downtime or just boon removal/CC trains.

Before you can '2shot' them ,they have 2 arcane shields that explode for a lot. They pop you faster than this charges run out... OP !111

The most arcana sheild pops for is 3k. Its nothing to write home about.

• @Ganathar.4956 said:
    When I saw all the parody threads being made, I just knew that someone was going to make an ele is OP thread. I can't believe so many fell for it. Well played.

Still counting...They fall for my comments too xd

• Theros.1390Theros.1390 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2018

@Dante.1763 said:

@Theros.1390 said:
    Oh please no.

You took a LF + CE combo, you just saw the numbers, and then came on the forums to say OP OP OP.

I hope you realize, the OP was joking.

a joke is supposed to be funny. This kind of joke isn’t funny at all.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.