Useful Nature Spirits Rework Please

Swagger.1459

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hmm...

Wasn't there a suggestion in a previous thread to simply make the spirits untargetable and mobile by basically turning them into scrapper gyros? When activated they fly around as a tiny ball of light next to the character, providing their regular effects around them* (*the player).

I kinda liked that suggestion, rather than trying to make basically revenant Espec features but easier (and better). This would make them much more useful in content like zerging in WvW (where rangers are frowned upon) since they would be able to bring more unique buffs to the table. I believe that with this change, Soulbeast (and maybe even druid - THAT STILL NEEDS A REWORK ;-;) would start being a welcome addition to the gameplay...

Obviously I would not be opposed to a more through rework - including changing the spirits function (active or passives, "longerish"-term effects or "bursty" effects like stance-sharing etc), but I fear that the more Anet decides to change spirits, the higher the chances of them being either completely overtuned or completely useless.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dezember.1295 said:

Hmm...

Wasn't there a suggestion in a previous thread to simply make the spirits untargetable and mobile by basically turning them into scrapper gyros? When activated they fly around as a tiny ball of light next to the character, providing their regular effects around them* (*the player).

I kinda liked that suggestion, rather than trying to make basically revenant Espec features but easier (and better). This would make them much more useful in content like zerging in WvW (where rangers are frowned upon) since they would be able to bring more unique buffs to the table. I believe that with this change, Soulbeast (and maybe even druid - THAT STILL NEEDS A REWORK ;-;) would start being a welcome addition to the gameplay...

Obviously I would not be opposed to a more through rework - including changing the spirits function (active or passives, "longerish"-term effects or "bursty" effects like stance-sharing etc), but I fear that the more Anet decides to change spirits, the higher the chances of them being either completely overtuned or completely useless.

Visually they could follow Virtuoso’s flying dagger mechanic floating on top of the player, slightly behind. Different colour per spirits. I read a few suggestions here, I’m pretty sure there’s enough ideas given already. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 5:11 AM, Dezember.1295 said:

Hmm...

Something like this is what I am hoping for. Just something that makes them more useful outside of long stationary fights.

• Like 1