Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Was the solution to wait for support to get back and fix the billing error with your specific account? Sounds like something got messed up between GW2 player accounts and their billing system. I did submit a support ticket on this today (Sunday) so i probably won't get a response until they start their work week. Hopefully I'm able to buy the Raven gear before it rotates out.

@Kestrel.9765 said:Bought some gems an hour or so ago. Went to buy some more just now and can't. Error message flashes too quickly for me to actually read it. Tried credit card and paypal. Neither worked.

Same EXACT BOAT i am in right now. I have tried my bank debit card, paypal cash card (Master Card), and PayPal. I get the same exact message. I am now waiting for support. I was just going to buy Living world season 2. I am a new account just finished the waiting process for the verification YESTERDAY!

Can't buy today, tried four methods; MC, VISA, PayPal and another visa debit (I know, it doesn't list debit but I thought why not try). AV,Malware, etc. all off..Something I did notice was that after it failed, with Save Information on, and I would go to try again that the expiration date (year) of my card had changed. Manually updated the expiration and it does that every time. Submitted ticket.

Also some comments on the support system which to me is horrible. You have to log in to submit a ticket, that's fine. In exchange for logging in, it should have all of the personal information required to help the client. Why do I need to enter my name, game SN, Full Name, Email address, Account Display Name, etc. This is all information that should be available from my account login.

Give us an online web option to purchase Gems. How hard should this be?

And, how in the world is there not an option to upload an image?! In my case to show the before and after of the credit card expiration date changing on its own.

Grrrinch

You don't have to log in to submit a ticket; in fact, that's something added after a few years. They use the same web-form for either option.

The Gem Store is an online-web option; you just can only access it through the game.

You can attach a screenshot to the near-immediate automated response email you receive. Though, the CS Team doesn't usually want screenshots; unless they request them, they have a filter that rejects them.

I had this issue yesterday. Decided to contact support as many people have suggested here in this thread, and I got a reply about 24 hours later which simply said;

Hello,

We're looking into your purchase attempts and will get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.Regards,

GM VokahlGuild Wars 2 Support Team

Most vague and unhelpful reply I've ever received. Disappointing. I'm hoping it won't take long as there are limited items I wish to purchase from the Black Lion Trading Company and I don't want to miss them!I wish I could go to a store and buy a physical gem card, however here in Scotland we don't have any options for stores that sell them.

Well, its happening again to myself as this morning. The last time it was because i had my VPN active(turned it off, could buy gems) this time, im not running it, and i still cant purchase, either with card or through paypal.

The gem purchase window goes completely blank and then flashes a "Unfortunately an error has occurred"