Anet switched to higher ping Amazon servers since 2 weeks ago

@Leamas.5803 said:I'm convinced that the only thing that speaks to them is people leaving the game. Between lag/DC issues, frame rate issues and crashing issues there are some serious problems with this game and there are A LOT of people complaining on the board. For every person who actually posts something, there are probably thousands more that silently stew and just get pissed off. IMO they're making a huge mistake ignoring some of these issues.

You know they don't actually ignore these, right? They have people actively working on them, they fix issues when they can, they just don't pop in to the forums and comment on every single report of disconnects, high latency, etc.

(Not to mention that a bunch of them are beyond the control of ANet, since you get at least a 50 percent hit rate on that when people actually bother to do diagnostics about where on the network the issue is.)

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Leamas.5803 said:I'm convinced that the only thing that speaks to them is people leaving the game. Between lag/DC issues, frame rate issues and crashing issues there are some serious problems with this game and there are A LOT of people complaining on the board. For every person who actually posts something, there are probably thousands more that silently stew and just get pissed off. IMO they're making a huge mistake ignoring some of these issues.

You know they don't actually ignore these, right? They have people actively working on them, they fix issues when they can, they just don't pop in to the forums and comment on every single report of disconnects, high latency, etc.

(Not to mention that a bunch of them are beyond the control of ANet, since you get at least a 50 percent hit rate on that when people actually bother to do diagnostics about where on the network the issue is.)

Every game with online/persistent gameplay would always have a dedicated team of network engineers working to fix issues, having said that, i don't see how the said issue remains unfixed for many of us even after what one,two years? I play lots of pvp games online, i have never seen a game with lags issues as bad as Gw2.Period! it can be because of my local isp, my pc, the electrical interference in the ozone layer or w.e. kitten thing it can be, but so far, this game has remained the biggest challenge in competitive gameplay... for me at least.

• 2 weeks later...

@Tashigi.3159 said:This is affecting me more than ever now. My ping used to be between 40-60, now I am getting 80-120 and spikes of 300-600 every now and then.Why is anet not addressing this or at the very least acknowledging the issue?

TL;DR Because it's not their problem, it's your IP and its routing algorithms. There is literally nothing they can do.

@Trise.2865 said:

@Tashigi.3159 said:TL;DR Because it's not their problem, it's your IP and its routing algorithms. There is literally nothing they can do.Any other time, I would agree. Not the case here, even with bypass via WTFast using several different tunnels, there is a constant number of spikes. In less than 10 min of running the game, it was already spiking over 40 times.

• 7 months later...