[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

+1 for seeing character faction (vigils, priory, whispers)+1 for seeing it in login screen+1 for other possibly useful info in logging screen to make decision which one to log (e.g. which toon has unlocked AB WPs, or unlocked some LW episode or so)+1 for more space in login screen for toon selection, e.g. 3x3 matrix or larger

Suggestion: If not suggested before, would it be difficult to add a note field to friends list? For example, something like 40 characters long note so that you would remember in which circumstances you added a player to friends. Like: "PvPer", "officier of guild [XXX]", "leader of a raid group I want to join when good enough", "Great 1vs1, ask again some time", "Excellent DH player", etc etc

There are contacts you like to keep, but after some time you have forgotten the account name (as most players you recognize from toon name).

1. Sometimes I'm looking for events and "There's a new event nearby" pops up... but I can't figure out where it is. I run in the wrong direction or in circles and never find it. Please include some kind of basic directions.

2. Total makeover kit - some kind of timer that allows you to enter normal gameplay world to preview changes in a more practical way.Two reasons, 1) those times you forget to change something like height or sylvari glow colors and need to fix, and 2) when preview ≠ in world appearance. So many times I spend a looooong time making changes, only to see immediately that X looks different in game and I don't like it.I'd suggest a temporary preview in game - make changes for 5 minutes, run around in game OR some kind of empty instance, go back to TMK preview to edit or finish

3. Better ways to search dyes in trading post: exclusive dyes made exotic, a filter to exclude unlocked dyes ('search locked only'), search by hue vs by name

"So I did that. However, in doing so, I got to play through like 30 minutes of stuff with characters I had no idea about referencing things that were basically spoilers unbeknownst to me at the time. I also can't guarantee that's what fixed it, because right around the same time I did that, I'd gotten enough central Tyria mastery points to finish the Pact Commander line and begin training something else. I haven't seen the popup since however, despite running around Central Tyria with my Legendary Crafting line ready to be mastered (despite not having points for doing so, which is what caused the popups in the first place.) So perhaps their suggestion fixed it, or perhaps finishing the Pact Commander line fixed it, or perhaps it somehow fixed itself. Or perhaps it'll come back some day and I'll kick a chair through the wall. Who knows. I hope their suggestion, paired with what I did, helps someone out though. Good luck, guys."

I have 4 unused PoF mastery points, didn't buy HoT, and the pop up keep returning every few seconds for me. It doesn't happen for my friend, and he does have HoT. So maybe the person who responded to you (Windfreeze), isn't aware that having PoF Mastery points has little to do with making the pop up stop. Maybe I have to buy HoT and get a mastery point there. It wouldn't shock me that the solution was to throw money at the game and forcing people to buy both expansions. That would explain why they are so reluctant to fix an annoyance that is easily addressed.

Please look into changing:Personal trader express and personal merchant express (for self-use) into something non-interactive in the world like personal bank access express.

It is currently impossible to use both the personal trader express and personal merchant express together due to the 5 minutes despawn timer of the npc.

Restore personnality system. It made our characters more living, spent a considerable time making special personnality trait for my toons. It's not annoying, could even have a smaller pannel for it showing only personnality trait, bar of ferocity/dignity/charm if hovering on it.

Shortcuts to open Hero UI submenus directly

Alerts on keywords for LFG. Since we can advertise only one goal even if we would like to do several things and the wait can be very long for people to see/find us… And some categories are ambiguous: if i do story achievements do I look in story or achievements? will people look at both places? etc...

I erroneously put this in a separate thread. Pasting it here instead. Mods feel free to delete the other post. Hopefully it is not already buried in the previous 14 pages of posts.

Are the devs/decision makers willing to consider a change to the daily resetting of "rich nodes" from "24 hours after your account last gathered the node" to "The Daily Reset"?

We have a daily reset that affects practically everything else that people do on a daily basis (daily quests, world bosses, guild hall gathering, etc. etc). And being forced to come back to node x 24:00:01 later than the last time I was here seems rather contrived. I do not record, either precisely or imprecisely, the times that I am at any of these nodes, and I do not think it practical or reasonable to do so. Hopefully others agree. The goal is to limit the gathering from rich nodes to once per day, and I should be able to do this at any point within the day, as limited by The Daily Reset. Am I wrong about this?

Just a few QOL items I would love to have worked on

• BANK - I would like the Player Bank to have namable tabs like the Guild Bank. Also to be able to move the entire bank tab instead of one item at a time. I'd also like the option to minimize or expand all tabs and a toggle to do this auto when opening the bank.
  • BOOKS - Add books, pages, etc to the novelties section under a library sub section. The lore is very extensive in GW2. But I find it a waste that a player member of Durmand Priory doesn't have access to their books they have found along the way.
  • DOGS - Dogs for the home instance. nuff said.
  • PERMANENT ITEMS - I find it annoying that, even though i have an item like Permanent Bank Access Express, I get a lot of normal ones when i open Black Lion Chests. Its a major waste of a useful item I might of gotten instead. Can this please be fixed so this no longer happens. If you get a permanent unlock it should lock out the non permanent item. same way as the wardrobe unlocks work. I have no use for them. I can't sell them or even give them to other people. This also includes items like: Finishers, Royal Terrace Pass and other Passes, Makeover Kits, etc

@Simulator.4687 said:

• PERMANENT ITEMS - I find it annoying that, even though i have an item like Permanent Bank Access Express, I get a lot of normal ones when i open Black Lion Chests. Its a major waste of a useful item I might of gotten instead. Can this please be fixed so this no longer happens. If you get a permanent unlock it should lock out the non permanent item. same way as the wardrobe unlocks work. I have no use for them. I can't sell them or even give them to other people. This also includes items like: Finishers, Royal Terrace Pass and other Passes, Makeover Kits, etc

You could make a Merchant that refunds unwanted Bank Access Express items for Black Lion Ticket scraps or another BL item, similar to how you can refund your Mists Potions for Fractal Relics if you have the Infinite version.

This would be a huge QoL for me:

Make it so that music from X areas stops playing when moving to Y areas. (example if I teleport from Divinity's Reach to Iron Citadel I want Iron Citadel music to start playing the moment I am there, not wait for Divinity's Reach theme to finish)More distinct music per zone, which adds to extra immersion. Pure perfection being Desert Highlands, while Desolation gets ruined with sudden happy tune from Vabbi...

I know LWS3 are old maps but could we get icons for the unique nodes for bloodstone fen and ember bay like what you guys did for episode 3 onwards. just simple updates like even the collection box from the first 2 episodes do not have a border whereas from episode 3 onward features the exotic border. an update to the textures of celestial infusion to match the gorgeous star mount skins and the cosmic mining tool etc.

I have developed psychic power to control people. Devs, I'm now controlling you to significantly reduce (or add the option to turn off) the bright camera flashes from Holosmith's sword skills, utility skills, and Photon Forge skills so that I can play Holosmith without eye pain. I'm also controlling you to significantly reduce (or add the option to turn off) the bright flashes when attacking with flaming swords such as the Cobalt and Fiery Dragon Sword (noticeable with dark background) so that I can use these skins without eye pain. You are getting sleepy~ Wait, wait. Not the sleepy part.

Plz, pretty plz, downgrade Inquest data security officer in Sandswept Isles in "Stop the flow of Inquest data to thwart their operation event" from Champion to Veteran, I have enough of all those trolls killing all the 2 first waves and abandoning the champion after doing that, make him veteran, that way we can have the special buff "Lab Alpha-(11/12/13) blackout" to unlock inquest chest all around the central area. About that, downgrade all veterans around inquest chest to normal foes. Also those seems to have a bug since they don't reward any items.