Bots do +3000 matches per season with total impunity

Delweyn.1309

@DragonFury.6243 said:with all that Ascended Shards of Glory and Gold i can craft legendary PvP armor and buy eternity in less than 1 seasonso where i can find this bot program ....... (this is just between you and me dont snitch on me)

Ascended shards of glory was capped at 400 per season. The repeatable Byzantium chest did NOT give ascended shards after the first completion. Has that been changed?

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@DragonFury.6243 said:with all that Ascended Shards of Glory and Gold i can craft legendary PvP armor and buy eternity in less than 1 seasonso where i can find this bot program ....... (this is just between you and me dont snitch on me)

Ascended shards of glory was capped at 400 per season. The repeatable Byzantium chest did NOT give ascended shards after the first completion. Has that been changed?

Repeated completions of the final reward tier, Byzantium, continue to reward 100 shards each

Seing that those bots are still running after thousands matches. It's seems really that anet do nothing about it.I think they do only against the speed/TP/flying hacks that are very obvious to spot for any player and because of videos that harm the image of the game.As long as bots are moving with just automated actions, they leave them make golds like crazy. The number of matches prove it.

@Delweyn.1309 said:Seing that those bots are still running after thousands matches. It's seems really that anet do nothing about it.I think they do only against the speed/TP/flying hacks that are very obvious to spot for any player and because of videos that harm the image of the game.As long as bots are moving with just automated actions, they leave them make golds like crazy. The number of matches prove it.

No they dont fix anything. The only time they actually take action is when someone puts a bit of truth out like how there is a severe lack of caring. Then comments are deleted and you are warned lol.

It's quite sad they have such horrible priorities.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@Delweyn.1309 said:Seing that those bots are still running after thousands matches. It's seems really that anet do nothing about it.I think they do only against the speed/TP/flying hacks that are very obvious to spot for any player and because of videos that harm the image of the game.As long as bots are moving with just automated actions, they leave them make golds like crazy. The number of matches prove it.

No they dont fix anything. The only time they actually take action is when someone puts a bit of truth out like how there is a severe lack of caring. Then comments are deleted and you are warned lol.

It's quite sad they have such horrible priorities.

There will probably be a thread closure once people realize Anet bans accounts and not IPs and that free accounts could probably deposit gold or send gold to the main accounts.

I would hope that ArenaNet will track where those bot accounts are sending their gold/loot. Follow the trail. Mercilessly swing ban hammer.However, history does not make that seem likely. I have never understood when games do not seem to adequately police their game from those that would actively harm it and the community they try to build. I love GW2, how it trys to be many things for many people, and does a reasonably good job for many of them. Truly an accomplishment. But sPvP is very sick. Leaving aside balance issues, sone poor trait and skill design (opinion), low population and lack of options beyond conquest, there are some very bad apples. These players, some very well known, some very skilled, continually poison the well. The manipulations, the abuse, the thumbing their nose at everyone. They never seem to be removed, their consequences for this behavior insubstantial. We suspected and have seen botting, this is ridiculous. My wife has decided to no long play PvP in any real amount. I already hardly play this mode either. I would never be more than an average player without alot more time spent in this mode, but seeing and experiencing the above issues on top of blatant botting is just too much. I was starting to think I should record my few matches, to identify suspected bots...but why bother. I am way too casual to go this route, and the rest of the mode gives me no incentive to spend more time in it. I would rather spend time doing something I enjoy, and it is not PvP as it stands now. I know I am not alone.I recommend ArenaNet deal with these flagrant abuses, both botting and other manipulations, and let the community see them do it. I also recommend reducing the sheer value of the rewards in favor of PvP-only rewards at least until the integrity of the competition improves. The other options are to just to eliminate PvP, or let it die a slow death. The current state of the mode has caused many, many people to not play it. Proof of blatant botting is the final straw. At least remove the benefits of anyone doing so. Looking forward to a response from ArenaNet on this issue.

Tbh i've never seen a bot in a match. I'm not playing that much in the last 2 seasons (about 500 games on last one, if i remember correctly, and not even 200 games this season), but the numbers on the screenshot simply don't lie.MINIMUN the community deserves is a a statement from Anet. Like, seriously.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...) and that free accounts could probably deposit gold or send gold to the main accounts.

I think that's why it takes Anet so long to ban those bots and their "owners", they are probably waiting for them to send the Gold/Items so they can track the owners account and ban their main.

However if that's the thing I find it difficult to believe that Anet wouldn't have access to the IP addresses with which the accounts were made.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...)
and that free accounts could probably deposit gold or send gold to the main accounts.

I think that's why it takes Anet so long to ban those bots and their "owners", they are probably waiting for them to send the Gold/Items so they can track the owners account and ban their main.

However if that's the thing I find it difficult to believe that Anet wouldn't have access to the IP addresses with which the accounts were made.

Worse, thats Anet, they are not aware about it unless players whine hard enough

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...)
and that free accounts could probably deposit gold or send gold to the main accounts.

What's great is that there are 16k players who've had their games ruined by each bot. So if they're trying to catch the responsible parties, maybe not the smartest way to go about it.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Good question to ask here, just curious for the sake of accumulating data:

What division do you guys play in where you are being teamed with bots so often?

Ive either had people on mushrooms or bots in gold.. mostly rage throwers is what I saw though

For every 10 or so rage throwers theres 1 guy who I assume is off his face on something heavy.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Good question to ask here, just curious for the sake of accumulating data:

What division do you guys play in where you are being teamed with bots so often?

As you can see in the screenshot, the one I'm talking about are in silver 1-3.

But they are not all working as efficiently. The one I caught in the videos (I'm uploading atm) is the weakest. It is buggy and can be killed easily (or the owner reduced it's power to not gain too much rank).But there are mirage bots that can beat easily silver1-3 players in 1v1. As a sniper, at the exact moment that I'm stunning them, they use dodge+invisibility and they run to you en engage with everything.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Im not a PvP Player but would not just the sheer number of games played this season indicate a Bot?

I mean... 3k games? I this even humanly possible?

A game is about 8-10 minutes. You can count that + taking into account the waiting time in the lobby + time spend before games really launch.

It's why I'm questioning about Anet.After watching how these bots are working and giving all the details + reports, I still see them by 2 sometimes at every matches.There is something fishy about all of this, really...

One other thing.I first thought to be a meme lord and comment:Mesmer is the true killer of PvP.

But then i read your other post about how most Bots are Mirage´s.

Soooo.... would removing the bots not result in ALOT less Mirage´s in low lvl play and therefor more new People enjoying PvP?

Big Think

Yes, it would result in a lot fewer Mirages, but it doesn't necessarily mean that more new people would enjoy PvP. It could, ironically enough, have the opposite effect. The PvP population is fairly small in GW2 compared to the total number of players, and a not insignificant portion of that population are bots. Matchmaking already has problems (though Anet has done an amazing job imo of making it better) for really low ranked players, and for new players, getting them matched up well because of this low population, and removing bots would only compound the issue. For this to have any real impact on new players (I'm assuming here that the vast majority of new PvP players won't be that great when they start, I think its a fair assumption), they'd have to stick around long enough for matchmaking to figure out what their real skill level is, and for the population to stabilize so that the matchmaker can do its job, and then their experiences should start being better overall.