Imagine a warrior — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Imagine a warrior

TheDevice.2751TheDevice.2751 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 30, 2018 in PVP

Then take away all their mobility, all their crazy CC, all their Invulnerability, all their blocks, all their constant healing, all their armor

Then add a bit more aoe and a bit more hp and you have a Reaper.

----- I Like the part when you're a reaper and after a couple dodges the enemy/enemies just unload all burst on you and you're like " I forgot Im not a warrior." and you die.

/realtalk

Comments

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Saved for views

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Bring back Impending Dhuum.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

Reaper has a 2nd health pool, spectral walk and flesh wurm?

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:
    Reaper has a 2nd health pool

It doesn't really mean a whole lot.

edited December 30, 2018

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Think about how one would use that second health pool to soak up damage then think about your comment, or was that the joke?
    Its hard to decipher sometimes

Its no joke. Especially since damage is at an all time high.
    Shroud as a defensive mechanic isn't as great as some people make it out to be and doesn't scale well with increased combatants like most other types of defence.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Think about how one would use that second health pool to soak up damage then think about your comment, or was that the joke?

Shroud as a defensive mechanic isn't as great as some people make it out to be and doesn't scale well with increased combatants like most other types of defence.

Yea isn't that the joke? That you dont go shroud for defensive?

I think you made your joke on accident now lol 😅

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I....am confused haha.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I....am confused haha.

Nevermind lmao

• Silinsar.6298Silinsar.6298 Member ✭✭✭

Shroud won't save you from a coordinated spike and / or cc chain (warrior's armor won't either) but there're a lot of moments where a bit of extra HP can keep you alive. Necro also has boon rip / corrupt that exceeds Spellbreaker's and Reaper's ranged pressure can be dangerous, while a meta war at range does next to nothing at range. Warriors are more self sufficient and harder to punish. Reaper has more offensive potential.

SD Engi / Holo roaming videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/algeyr

• Virelion.4128Virelion.4128 Member ✭✭✭

Reaper is free kill in every fight. The only viable way to play it is to go full glass and one shot noobs which is creating trading opportunity for team, this playstyle was also nerfed hard lately.

The difference between warrior is that warrior can be hard to kill even in berserker and reaper defence is a joke even in paladins

• the trick to surviving as a necro is to maintain weakness on all the dps classes lol.

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you play reaper right then it's more like the warrior from hell.

I play tank first with power second. I have no issue vs power builds with a paladin amulet. I can melee with my gs or reaper mode then range with my axe.

When your lf pool is full go reaper and use blood trait to get health back quick. Reaper mode can be used as a escape or as a means to tank more.

Reaper is just funnn :D

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 said:
    Then take away all their mobility, all their crazy CC, all their Invulnerability, all their blocks, all their constant healing, all their armor

----- I Like the part when you're a reaper and after a couple dodges the enemy/enemies just unload all burst on you and you're like " I forgot Im not a warrior." and you die.

/realtalk

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    To put things in perspective, Reaper had one of the highest win-rates and play-rates in ranked last season

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

/realtalk

To put things in perspective, Reaper had one of the highest win-rates and play-rates in ranked last season

Ben's quote is all good and well but it lacks the detail required to be anything but anecdotal.

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I....am confused haha.

Nevermind lmao

Hahaha 😂

Tingle my stingleberry

• TheDevice.2751TheDevice.2751 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2018

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Health doesn't mean much in this game idk if you're aware of that. You can run 33k with a "second health pool" and still die super fast to focus fire just because of stuns, crits, confusion and torment. Your consume condi's takes about a half hour to cast so enjoy getting cc'd out of that. if you're blinded or enemy has blocks or whatever, you're not transferring any conditions.
    Spectral walk doesn't mitigate damage and will just throw you out of a fight but not help win any. Unlike thieves, wars, mesmers, who have means of getting right back into a fight to capitalize on cd's, reapers cant.
    Wurm same thing. this is why not many reapers play wurm or even sw. WoD is usually played over those for survivability but WoD or things like protection wont actually save you from burst.

You're never going to convince me that shroud is better than multiple invulnerabilities, evades, blocks and heals... and mobility.
    I've played long enough to know which is better.
    This is why Guards are like complementary to reapers because.... reapers are on their kitten so much lol.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Health doesn't mean much in this game idk if you're aware of that.

Tell that to any Ele trying to run a high damage variant.

• XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

They have tools to survive like evasion and mobility to work around that low health pool. And it is commonly known that ele is not in very good spot right now so i dont know why you would make that comment.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

They have tools to survive like evasion and mobility to work around that low health pool. And it is commonly known that ele is not in very good spot right now so i dont know why you would make that comment.

edited December 30, 2018

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

"One of the highest" means nothing. Thats fluff. Completely non-specific. No actual number.
    Reapers could have been like the better half of winrates of all professions or second best (though i doubt that since he would have just said "second best") or whatever. It doesn't mean much. thats also when they just got that buff and nobody knew how to work around the quickness. Now they do and im almost going to guarantee that they have lost that standin..... wherever it was lol. because who knows. No numbers, no charts, just "one of the highest"

Thats like a Trump tactic. "We have some of the best, the greatest, the highest numbers. Totally one of the highest. It's amazing"

Unlike you and unlike Trump Ben has the actual numbers in front of him. And if he was lying about it, it would jeopardize his job.

Good. You're right, I don't have actual numbers in front of me. Sooooo lets get those numbers.

Plus, I never said he was lying, I said it was non-specific. What is their gauge for "one of the best"? We don't know. We don't know how he's defining that.
    It's hard to lie when you're not being specific.

• DragonFury.6243DragonFury.6243 Member ✭✭✭✭

i love to see my reaper have 4 stun-break , a rampage , a healing signet that heal for no reason and heal when you ever spend LF
    ohh wait we are no warrior we are Knights we have Shroud Knight so we dont need to descend to their level

• @Alatar.7364 said:

And yet a Reaper can instagib an entire team at the right moment unlike warrior.

But there's a little something to it though, I play mostly Thief, Ele, etc. so it's been border line depressing for me to play Warrior and be like "I am standing in all of this guys attacks and AoEs, why am I taking no dmg? .... Why the hell is the guy ded I pressed only two kitten buttons!"

instagib? You mean you all stood in the death spin for at least 3 seconds?

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2018

@SteepledHat.1345 said:
    instagib? You mean you all stood in the death spin for at least 3 seconds?

@Alatar.7364 said:
    (...) at the right moment (...)

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• nativity.3057nativity.3057 Member ✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

"One of the highest" means nothing. Thats fluff. Completely non-specific. No actual number.
    Reapers could have been like the better half of winrates of all professions or second best (though i doubt that since he would have just said "second best") or whatever. It doesn't mean much. thats also when they just got that buff and nobody knew how to work around the quickness. Now they do and im almost going to guarantee that they have lost that standin..... wherever it was lol. because who knows. No numbers, no charts, just "one of the highest"

Thats like a Trump tactic. "We have some of the best, the greatest, the highest numbers. Totally one of the highest. It's amazing"

Unlike you and unlike Trump Ben has the actual numbers in front of him. And if he was lying about it, it would jeopardize his job.

Good. You're right, I don't have actual numbers in front of me. Sooooo lets get those numbers.

Plus, I never said he was lying, I said it was non-specific. What is their gauge for "one of the best"? We don't know. We don't know how he's defining that.
    It's hard to lie when you're not being specific.

Ben doesn't say "one of the best", the quote is

He's literally defining two things: win-rates and play-rates, and even more specifically, in ranked last season.
    These two stats are important in determining whether a class is strong or not. You have to look at the stats together, instead of individually.
    There are four combinations of these two stats (high WR/high PR; high WR/low PR; low WR/high PR; low WR/low PR), and they indicate different things.

The high/low combination has more room for interpretation.
    Having a high win-rate with a low play-rate doesn't mean a class is strong. It could mean that a few people essentially "one-trick" this class and can win because they know the class mechanics and interactions. Or it could mean it is an upcoming build that a few early adopters have taken advantage of.
    Conversely, a low win-rate with a high play-rate indicates a class is popular but doesn't find much success in the final goal of winning rank points. That doesn't necessarily mean that the class is low tier. It could mean that the players aren't fully utilizing the class (much like how most flavor of the month things go). Or it could just mean the class isn't good choice.
    The high/high and low/low combinations are more cut and dry.
    The main point is that Reaper was a strong class last season.

Plus you can't compare Warriors and Reapers one-to-one because they fill different roles for the team, and bring different utilities for the team. It's like comparing Blood Scourge to power Herald, or Boonbeast to core Guardian, or Weaver to Thief. I can go on and on with other examples.

• Emapudapus.1307Emapudapus.1307 Member ✭✭
    edited December 30, 2018

Also warrior GS dash is evade and reaper shroud dash isnt? Wut? And warrior jumps and dashes can make a turns and go behind a pillar /obstacle and reaper shroud dash gets stopped by a dust particle. Wut wut? Warrior have 90s cd rampage and necro has 180 lich, not to mention rampage is 10000 better than lich. Wut wut wut? Not to mention all the traits with no internal cooldown on warrior compared to necro every 2nd trait (that might be good once every full moon). Not to mention that passive proc/defensive got nerfed on other profesions yet warrior still has them, unchanged.
    If these arent double standards and favouritism i dont know what is.

edited December 30, 2018

This is the easiest way to quiet anyone who talks up death shroud / "second life bar"

So, every game, instead of focusing the necro - focus a warrior or a guardian or a mesmer or an engi or literally any other class first. See how long it takes to kill them over a necromancer.

EZ

@Emapudapus.1307 said:
    Also warrior GS dash is evade and reaper shroud dash isnt? Wut? And warrior jumps and dashes can make a turns and go behind a pillar /obstacle and reaper shroud dash gets stopped by a dust particle. Wut wut? Warrior have 90s cd rampage and necro has 180 lich, not to mention rampage is 10000 better than lich. Wut wut wut? Not to mention all the traits with no internal cooldown on warrior compared to necro every 2nd trait (that might be good once every full moon). Not to mention that passive proc/defensive got nerfed on other profesions yet warrior still has them, unchanged.

GS Skill 5, Rush, is not an Evade. Bull's Charge, the utility skill, is an Evade.

edited December 31, 2018

@nativity.3057 said:
    snip

If you could actually see the numbers you may have an argument but you dont so you cant. You dont know if necromancers are played only like a sliver of a percent more than those under them. You dont know if they're winning a sliver of a percent more. You dont know if the actual TOP performing classes are wayyyy outperforming the others including necromancers but necros happen to be the closest out of the out-performed classes. You dont know any of it so you can't really make this claim work.

Its not specific enough to warrant fair legitimacy. It would be easier to just show us the numbers. We don't know what his criteria is for "highest". Second best? Third best? And even if he said 2nd or third we still don't know the real difference in performance because there are no numbers to represent say, how often professions die, damage dealt, kills, actual win percentages, etc. These things give an accurate perspective.

You just wrote this whole paragraph trying to back the legitimacy of a claim with zero specifics attached. That's amazing. Resorting to "you calling him a liar" isn't solving anything. Its not a valid argument. I'm not saying he's anything because I can't see the facts.

• Emapudapus.1307Emapudapus.1307 Member ✭✭
    edited December 31, 2018

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Emapudapus.1307 said:

GS Skill 5, Rush, is not an Evade. Bull's Charge, the utility skill, is an Evade.

GS 3. MEnt dash as a general term for movement skills.

edited December 31, 2018

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Health doesn't mean much in this game idk if you're aware of that. You can run 33k with a "second health pool" and still die super fast to focus fire just because of stuns, crits, confusion and torment. Your consume condi's takes about a half hour to cast so enjoy getting cc'd out of that. if you're blinded or enemy has blocks or whatever, you're not transferring any conditions.
    Spectral walk doesn't mitigate damage and will just throw you out of a fight but not help win any. Unlike thieves, wars, mesmers, who have means of getting right back into a fight to capitalize on cd's, reapers cant.
    Wurm same thing. this is why not many reapers play wurm or even sw. WoD is usually played over those for survivability but WoD or things like protection wont actually save you from burst.

You're never going to convince me that shroud is better than multiple invulnerabilities, evades, blocks and heals... and mobility.
    I've played long enough to know which is better.
    This is why Guards are like complementary to reapers because.... reapers are on their kitten so much lol.

Dont stress bro

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@nativity.3057 said:
    snip

If you could actually see the numbers you may have an argument but you dont so you cant. You dont know if necromancers are played only like a sliver of a percent more than those under them. You dont know if they're winning a sliver of a percent more. You dont know if the actual TOP performing classes are wayyyy outperforming the others including necromancers but necros happen to be the closest out of the out-performed classes. You dont know any of it so you can't really make this claim work.

Its not specific enough to warrant fair legitimacy. It would be easier to just show us the numbers. We don't know what his criteria is for "highest". Second best? Third best? And even if he said 2nd or third we still don't know the real difference in performance because there are no numbers to represent say, how often professions die, damage dealt, kills, actual win percentages, etc. These things give an accurate perspective.

You just wrote this whole paragraph trying to back the legitimacy of a claim with zero specifics attached. That's amazing. Resorting to "you calling him a liar" isn't solving anything. Its not a valid argument. I'm not saying he's anything because I can't see the facts.

It feels to me like you skimmed over my post and continue to tunnel in on not having exact numbers. None of what I said is obsolete just because we don't have exact percentages.

Everything I've said was extrapolated from Ben's post. Having exact numbers won't change the conclusion I've reached. I didn't say "Reaper is the best", but "Reaper was a strong class". It's unbelievable to me that you think the conclusion can be easily dismissed because we weren't provided numbers. Would knowing that Reaper had only a 40% winrate and 30% playrate (for metadata percentages, extremely high), and Mirage had 43% winrate and 33% playrate make Reaper that much weaker?
    What does having exact numbers change? Sure, now you can make a numbered list. Just because Reaper is #3 instead of #1, it's unplayable?
    Win-rate and play-rate (when taken together, not separately), are good measures of overall performance. The fact that you can toss those away is astounding.

• @nativity.3057 said:
    snip

Toss away what-if's and maybe's? Things that he possibly meant? Can't toss it away if I don't know for certain.

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 said:

For a moment I thought you were talking about guardians.

• Guardians have invulnerability warriors don't
    • Guardians have more blocks than warriors
    • Guardians have more healing than warriors
    • Guardians have about the same mobility than warriors (if the guardian traits for it)
    • Guardians have their good amount of CC's
    • Guardians have the highest armor in the game.

Are you sure you are talking about warriors?

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

edited December 31, 2018

@Hitman.5829 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

• Guardians have about the same mobility than warriors (if the guardian traits for it)

This really isn't true. Warriors have more and its more versatile since it doesn't require you to move to your target..or a target at all.

Everyone gets you are super biased for warrior so this feels like an attempt at deflection. Intra-class comparisons are always bad but reaper plays closer to warrior than it ever will to guardian.

edited December 31, 2018

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

This really isn't true. Warriors have more and its more versatile since it doesn't require you to move to your target..or a target at all.

Everyone gets you are super biased for warrior so this feels like an attempt at deflection. Intra-class comparisons are always bad but reaper plays closer to warrior than it ever will to guardian.

You are kidding right? If the guardian traits for mobility is can have about the same as warrior and enough to get out of combat.

• Symbol of Blades
    • Judge's Intervention
    • Wings of Resolve
    • Leap of Faith

Just because you are not aware of the teleport guardian build, it does not mean guardians have less mobility than warrior. There are guardians that can instantly travel huge distances by using their main teleports while warrior mobility is slow but steady.

You need to play more gw2 boy!

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@nativity.3057 said:
    snip

Toss away what-if's and maybe's? Things that he possibly meant? Can't toss it away if I don't know for certain.

great. live in your bubble; you do you.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

You are kidding right? If the guardian traits for mobility is can have about the same as warrior and enough to get out of combat.

• Symbol of Blades
    • Judge's Intervention
    • Wings of Resolve
    • Leap of Faith

Just because you are not aware of the teleport guardian build, it does not mean guardians have less mobility than warrior. There are guardians that can instantly travel huge distances by using their main teleports while warrior mobility is slow but steady.

"Wings of Resolve"
    I hope that was a joke.

Sigmoid is right when he says Warrior mobility is more versatile. Guards can close gaps faster than Warriors, no doubt about that, but requires a target. It's great if you have a target, but if not, they're only left with Leap of Faith.
    Also, if you don't include Rampage skills, Warriors and Guardians traverse the same amount.
    Leap of Faith (600) + Symbol of Blades (600) + Judge's Intervention (1200) = 2400
    Savage Leap (600) + Shield Bash (450) + Bull's Charge (900) + Whirlwind Attack (450) = 2400
    If you do include Rampage, Warriors can travel farther.
    So it's conditional mobility + speed or constant, reliable mobility.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheDevice.2751 Real talk, why compare reaper with warrior? Is warrior the golden standard or something? I am not going to bother comparing reaper with warrior, but the comparison is not remotely valid.

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@nativity.3057 said:
    "Wings of Resolve"
    I hope that was a joke.

Sigmoid is right when he says Warrior mobility is more versatile. Guards can close gaps faster than Warriors, no doubt about that, but requires a target. It's great if you have a target, but if not, they're only left with Leap of Faith.
    Also, if you don't include Rampage skills, Warriors and Guardians traverse the same amount.
    Leap of Faith (600) + Symbol of Blades (600) + Judge's Intervention (1200) = 2400
    Savage Leap (600) + Shield Bash (450) + Bull's Charge (900) + Whirlwind Attack (450) = 2400

Agree. And if you actually think some more about it, you realize that JI has a cooldown longer than all those warrior skills combined, and it's a one-way-ticket.

/hyperbole

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@nativity.3057 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@nativity.3057 said:
    snip

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

• Symbol of Blades
    • Judge's Intervention
    • Wings of Resolve
    • Leap of Faith

"Wings of Resolve"
    I hope that was a joke.

To add to the guardian mobility question, guardian cannot use any mobility skills to get outside of combat. In fact guardian is the only class with no mobility skill that can put you outside of combat. In addition, guardian has no meta PvP skills that provide swiftness, outside of support/bunker FB build. There is a reason why every single guardian dps use Lynx rune.

@nativity.3057 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@nativity.3057 said:
    snip

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

• Symbol of Blades
    • Judge's Intervention
    • Wings of Resolve
    • Leap of Faith

"Wings of Resolve"
    I hope that was a joke.

Well, well, apparently people have no idea of how fast guardians can travel and the FACT that guardians can get out of combat.
    In WvW I have seen guardians use NPC, walls, and ambient creatures to travel ridiculous distances in the blink of an eye and get out of combat.

You guys need to play more GW2!

edited January 1, 2019

@Hitman.5829 said:

@nativity.3057 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@nativity.3057 said:
    snip

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

• Symbol of Blades
    • Judge's Intervention
    • Wings of Resolve
    • Leap of Faith

"Wings of Resolve"
    I hope that was a joke.

Well, well, apparently people have no idea of how fast guardians can travel and the FACT that guardians can get out of combat.
    In WvW I have seen guardians use NPC, walls, and ambient creatures to travel ridiculous distances in the blink of an eye and get out of combat.

You guys need to play more GW2!

This is the PvP forum, right?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.