Low FPS / Lag Issues [MERGED]

@Mannah.4012 said:More than 10 discconections in less than 15 min and 5 at the end of the jp at Divinity's Reach D:Please fix it. It's literally impossible to play with +2000 ping. I can't do anything at the game. I play on EU and connecting from Spain.

That really sucks, I have the same issue but I had no dc's at all. Just insane lags but not a single dc. Highest ping I saw so far was 3.8k^^

I and some of my guild members are experiencing really High spikes from 30-40 ms to 2k+ ms since 3 days. Everything else works other, online games have a normal ping. Dunno what causes this.By the way I have really huge FPS drop in Istan when i turn the camera to see the rock with cages (sorry don't know the name of that place in english), while i'm on 60 fps everywhere else on the map.

A lot more people are getting affected, and those already having issues are in a worst state too. A little info on what is happening, and if the team has managed to diagnose the issue and will roll out a patch at a later date would be very helpful. As it stands, running Wintersday events, and any kind of fighting is a chore for me right now. The constant freezes are quickly becoming frustrating, and stop gameplay. It also become unfair when I'm fighting, and the mobs move just fine, and use me as a punching bag. That's rather unfair.

This thread now has 9 pages, it's an issue that seems to have affected various users since january this year. What's going on ?

I wonder if they even read these forums, for god sake I've been checking months old threads a handful of them having the same problems and seeing them still occur, example myself and my friends who I see come back to the game from to time to check if they fixed these issues but to no luck and just give up after a day or two dealing with this .... .

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21314/error-7-0-0-1026-101https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2587/stuck-in-loading-screenhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/24711/client-lost-connection-code-7-0-0-1026-101/https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23578/infinite-loading-screen-when-switching-maps

These problem are still there and I would appreciate if someone who knows a link to their response to this issue.

I had been struggling as well for the last 48 hours. FPS would dive to <5 regularly for no apparent reason, became uplayable.The repair tool was ineffective. I ran the diagnostic but didn't notice any issues, benchmarked my GPU and it was fine.In the end, I had to delete the game completely and re-download the client.From there it was back to normal steady performance. Not sure if it's the same issue for people but could be worth a try.

Short Update on my issues, after I updated some drivers my ping is less spiking but still an avg ping of ~250-300 + some lag spikes here and there but they arent over 1k anymore. Maybe those updates didnt help at all and all of that is just coincidence but I am atleast able to do my dailys a bit better now though it still is a pain in the butt, so pls fix this Anet.

Hey everyone, I'm "enjoining" random hanging and framerates drop just like you. Have AMD R7 2700 base on x370 chipset, ddr 4 2800 (8GB) and AMD Rx560 (4gb); as for hdd - SATA II 7200RPM with 64mb cache.The issue with fps drops appears after several waypoint usage or quick overrun through locations. Mostly new locations o'course, but as for waypoint jumping this problem appears same with old locations but not that fast as on new. I was sure there were problem in my Windows OS, so reinstalling doesn't make a weather for me. Make settings the lowest also won't affect performance.As someone already mentioned: rebooting the game fixed the problem but only for a few minutes.On a test run memory jumped from 1.5GB to 2.6GB, and with each waypoint jump and a bit of map exploration this number only growed up.Unfortunatelly, I do not have any tools to dive deep into diagnostics.The more strange, My disc usage was about 33% (including all the processes in a system). Basically SATA II interface bandwidth is about 3 GB/s. Decompressing algorithm, anet used can into 500 MB/s per core. So here I can see a bottle neck, that game engine just hasn't enough speed to load all objects and it fills like it load them on the main thread. :(

Since wintersday build I can no longer play GW2. Pings are in the range 230 to 2998ms. Game freezes immediately in Divinity's Reach. Other empty maps lags as well! I have called my ISP and done tracerouting no issues on my side. AWS is probably good for web pages, but it looks really crappy for game servers. The Routing from me (Norway) to EU AWS server also have its unfair share of packet drops. ANET FIX!!!! To me either AWS or Telia has issues (telia routers have a lot of packet drops, up to 70%!)

@"SteamOverlord.7496" said:Hey everyone, I'm "enjoining" random hanging and framerates drop just like you. Have AMD R7 2700 base on x370 chipset, ddr 4 2800 (8GB) and AMD Rx560 (4gb); as for hdd - SATA II 7200RPM with 64mb cache.The issue with fps drops appears after several waypoint usage or quick overrun through locations. Mostly new locations o'course, but as for waypoint jumping this problem appears same with old locations but not that fast as on new. I was sure there were problem in my Windows OS, so reinstalling doesn't make a weather for me. Make settings the lowest also won't affect performance.As someone already mentioned: rebooting the game fixed the problem but only for a few minutes.On a test run memory jumped from 1.5GB to 2.6GB, and with each waypoint jump and a bit of map exploration this number only growed up.Unfortunatelly, I do not have any tools to dive deep into diagnostics.The more strange, My disc usage was about 33% (including all the processes in a system). Basically SATA II interface bandwidth is about 3 GB/s. Decompressing algorithm, anet used can into 500 MB/s per core. So here I can see a bottle neck, that game engine just hasn't enough speed to load all objects and it fills like it load them on the main thread. :(

For My case I found a solution, maybe someone this can help. So I find that GW 2 almost didnt used my hdd, I decide to check all the settings. Partially, I turned off all of the tray tasks, like steam or gog. Next I disabled High DPI scale (or something like this) in the properties of gw2.exe, and set compatibility to win 7. Last thing I did in a game, and I'm sure the main troubleshooter was changing Content streaming from Idle to Max. This actions allows me to turn on even Ultra settings for everything (except character model limit - set to medium) and receive about 60 avarage fps (with drops in the cities, but it depends).I hope this will help someone, like it helps me.

@"Hodori.1068" said:Running a gtx 1070 here. In sPvP maps, i get good fps around 60+, but all the new maps from PoF are ridiculous down to 30 and less due to "lag" spikes. HoT maps I get around 40ish, and most of the vanilla maps run fine. Just seems the new maps are not optimized well.

EDIT answering Gaile's questions . . .

1. When did this issue first start? After each XPAC, HoT fps went down a little, PoF is worse.
  2. Has it been consistent across time, or has it become worse lately? Or has it come and gone (been intermittent) over time? Not intermittent. Newer maps run much worse than older, even with better hardware. Lowering graphics settings does not help much.
  3. What is your general geographical location? Central US, but it does not seem to be a latency issue, but more so a graphics processing issue.
  4. On what game world are you playing? Vanilla maps run fine for the most part. HoT maps run a little bit worse, with PoF maps being the worse in terms of FPS.

With a 1060 gtx im getting exactly the same thing as you.It was like that since I started playing so I just assumed the game was poorly optimized and theres nothing to be done about that.

@MurkWan.8526 said:Reporting from the Middle East. I play on NA servers and since the last patch, latency has been crazy.Certain sPvP games are totally unplayable while certain maps in PvE are also terribly laggy. The worst part is- it is not consistent. I cannot predict which game will go good or which one will be an absolute mess.

What is the solution?

If youre in the middle east you should be playing on EU servers.

@Ephelduath Nawantar.8612 said:Since wintersday build I can no longer play GW2. Pings are in the range 230 to 2998ms. Game freezes immediately in Divinity's Reach. Other empty maps lags as well! I have called my ISP and done tracerouting no issues on my side. AWS is probably good for web pages, but it looks really crappy for game servers. The Routing from me (Norway) to EU AWS server also have its unfair share of packet drops. ANET FIX!!!! To me either AWS or Telia has issues (telia routers have a lot of packet drops, up to 70%!)

ISP reps understand nothing about such issues so whatever you have tried with them is probably meaningless

That's been happening since last patch, so Something in it have affected data transfer from server to client. I dont really appreciate that they went on vacation before making a statement on that situation. Those holidays were the only time where I could enjoy the game, and the constant freezes since the december balance patch have made playing -Very annoying-. I barely spend any time online, during the period of the year where I Would Be. Those micro freezes and lag spikes make the whole game unenjoyable, breaks immersion, makes competitive and high content impossible to play. It affects players from both EU and US, on all rigs, and has clearly been happening since the last patch, why wasn't there an acknowledgement, if not an hot fix since ? It's been one Week, it could have been acknowledged before the team went off. My network hasn't changed, my ISP hasn't changed, my hardware hasn't changed, other games dont face the same issue. Everyone here gets affected. Even big names like WoodenPotatoes notice they keep freezing and disconnecting since that patch, to the point making a video isn't possible. I Seriously hope January 8th patch fixes this and bring enough good to offset this major problem. The number one cause of population depletion on popular games is caused by unaddressed optimization issues. Dont go that road. Seriously.

Dont get me wrong, they deserve their vacations. I would have thought that I did too. Goodbye participation to this year's wintersday. Time of merriment Indeed, I'll seek mine elsewhere until this is addressed.

I just tested Something in WvW, I literally freeze without my FPS or my Ping changing. game still runs, my char just stops acting for 2 seconds, it's not a full freeze

Thank goodness its just not me...

Upgrade my pc 2 weeks ago and tried everything with this horrible frame drop,I'm getting exactly the same frames on the new pc compared to the old one, Its a 70 frame drop to a 15 frame drop!?!? here is my old and new specs

OLDi7 3770k16gb 1333mhz memory1050 4gb Asus GPU4gb SATA drive

NEWi7 9700k16gb 2666mhz memoryasus 1070 GTX dual 8gb240gb SSD

And yeti get exactly the same frames and frame drops I had, With the best performance, best appearance settings

Now I know this is a huge upgrade compared to what I had, fresh win 10 64bit install, Fresh game files(64bit client), latest drivers etc

I've been playing gw2 since the beginning and everything started with the POF launch (just my opinion)I also see posts from early 2017 about this problem and yet no fix...

what's up guys?? Please don't keep us in this loop

PS: Same problem on my wives 8700k setup

I think it`s in the Nvidia drivers.I had a GTX 970 and had framedrops i upgraded my video card to a AMD RX Vega 56 and the framedrops are gone.So to check it i had turn back the GTX 970 with the last drivers and the framedrops where back.So maby its a Nvidia driver issue.

I've been having similar problems since the last update -- constant, 2000+ lag spikes as well as generally lower performance ( FPS drops where I had none before as well as an inconsistent frametime, especially when panning the camera or entering combat initially). I've even tried a pletheora of different game settings and it didn't change anything. My driver is the same as it has been and I'm not having trouble with any other games besides GW2.

So here`s my little fix, Or major to be honest

WIth all my other games, The Witcher, Csgo, Pubg,fortnite etc the pc was running smooth AF!!But on GW2 my card kept showing 100% usage and super low frames on MSI afterburner, so this is what I did...

*I removed my 1070 GTX from the riser card adapter and into my 1st PCIe slot(REASON)On GPU-Z it shows PCI x1 speed v3 instead of x16, I've searched several sites and forums to see if this is actually the problem and most tests show you get 20-30% performance loss with a normal adapter (not the proper riser cables) on several games,But that wasn't the reason my card kept showing 95-100% usage on Best Performance or Best appearance

*The other thing I did was set the power management mode in NVIDIA control panel to Prefer maximum performance instead of Optimal power

Nvidia Control Panel>>Manage 3d settings>>Power Mangement mode>>Prefer Maximum performance

My game is super smooth now with everything on ultraI'm not saying this is the fix for the random frame drops, but it sure as hell fixed my problem!

https://imgur.com/fNzK7Gn

@JRXzzz.3051 said:

@Milan.9035 said:i got same problem as others, upgraded video card ti 1070ti and now i cant play gw2... guess i am done with the game.

Did you give my fix a go? same thing happened when i fitted my 1070gtx ,give it a try

I did do the power settings thing but isnt that for 3d? Anyways after that didnt help at all.

I dont understand the part about the riser card thing, i dont think i have anything like that. Video card is just in the first slot on my mb

@Milan.9035 said:

@Milan.9035 said:i got same problem as others, upgraded video card ti 1070ti and now i cant play gw2... guess i am done with the game.

Did you give my fix a go? same thing happened when i fitted my 1070gtx ,give it a try

I did do the power settings thing but isnt that for 3d? Anyways after that didnt help at all.

I dont understand the part about the riser card thing, i dont think i have anything like that. Video card is just in the first slot on my mb

If it didn't make any changes then perhaps it's not the same as mine

I also removed all the overlay programs I have like discord overlay,MSI afterburner and even Nvidia shadowplay

I seriously think 3rd party programs such as dps meters and such have something to do with the FPS fluctuation, I was having the same problems with low fps, so I decided to remove my dps meter, but I couldn't remember where to find it in the gw2 folders, so I decided to remove gw2 altogether, and install it back again to start everything fresh. Everything is back to normal, running smooth as it was before the patch, I remember reading something about upgrading the dps meter after every patch, or else the game would be laggy. good luck.

This game gives a new definition to the term : "BAD OPTIMIZATION".

I have the game installed in 3 different computes with i3 6100 + rx 560 / i5 6500 r9 380 and an i7 7700k with gtx 1070.Im getting almost the same perfomance in main towns,in the outside world is kinda different,but not by much 5-6 fps.(144hz monitor) + yes i have tweaked EVERYTHING.This game is SO BAD that it claims its HD but it uses 500-750 mb videoram.Even GTA IV uses WAY more than that for its textures.Multithread in 2019?FORGET ABOUT THAT SHIEEEETTTT lets do it oldschool socket478 style,put it all on ONE thread and leave the hyperthreading core for windows use (2004,because they used gw1 code along as well) .

You guys do know that the a lead programmer left the game some months before release and they got some interns doing the coding dont you?All the code that was added in the 2 expansions that followed have had the bad coding as its base,so yeah,nothing will never work when something is broken from the womb.Terrible experience overall.

Didn't know that lead programmer left the game after some months since release, but really performance is bad. Just as bad as RIFT, before they added proper multicore support. But as long it does not affects sales for GW2 they won't do anything about it. At least that's how i understand it.