whats your game resolutions — Guild Wars 2 Forums

whats your game resolutions

Happy new year every one
Really curious what goals you are all setting your self for 2019
My plan is to revisit all the old content I have skipped over and get all those AP's getting dusty in my hero panel...oh and maybe finally go try and raid

Comments

• Hello misters and ladies!
    My plan is to kill one raidboss at least 3 times!

Hopefully I have a nice raider and nice rotations knowledge by next june soo that I can seriously start attempting to do it :)

• Ha ha! I thought this was about monitor resolution.
    My New Year's resolution (or hope, rather) is to get my computer fixed; among other problems, yesterday the HD just up and died. Sigh.

• Stop playing if anet doesn't get their act together with balancing. The sunk cost fallacy is a thing, but I'll overcome it. I give it 2 more patches.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Same as last year's: have fun, or move on.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

To get alts up to speed instead of languishing on the PS.
    To find a decent guild

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

While I have a few stray characters, my 'mains' cover all the 9 classes. 8 Humans and 1 Norn. Pretty boring.

I was thinking about making a whole new fleet of all the classes, but Asuran.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Sell my 2750 Intact Mosaics for a minimal profit.. buy 2 Eternity's.. and give them away to complete newbies who enjoy the game.. then delete all my chars, and never look back at GW2.
    And you probably ment Objectives, but my resolution is 1842x1036 :astonished:

• I run at 1080p full screen with post processing turned off.

• I haven't played since around launch, so I got a new account to start fresh. I'm just enjoying things.

There is however a lot of frustrations I have. Namely, world events and bosses are pretty much impossible. All you mounted speed demon sonic wannabe's just zoom through the map killing everything in record time. I can't get to most bosses or events before they're over.

@heartless.9014 said:
    I haven't played since around launch, so I got a new account to start fresh. I'm just enjoying things.

There is however a lot of frustrations I have. Namely, world events and bosses are pretty much impossible. All you mounted speed demon sonic wannabe's just zoom through the map killing everything in record time. I can't get to most bosses or events before they're over.

I will admit to being a little confused by this, given World bosses are next to waypoints so don;t require mounts to get to quickly and take a few minutes to kill, allowing plenty of time to get to if you have the wp unlocked. I can't think of one single World event stifled by the introduction of mounts

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

Stop being lazy and finish my Envoy armor

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• 1024x768 i'm old fashioned :) B)

• @Randulf.7614 said:

@heartless.9014 said:
    I haven't played since around launch, so I got a new account to start fresh. I'm just enjoying things.

I will admit to being a little confused by this, given World bosses are next to waypoints so don;t require mounts to get to quickly and take a few minutes to kill, allowing plenty of time to get to if you have the wp unlocked. I can't think of one single World event stifled by the introduction of mounts

I don't have a lot of waypoints unlocked yet. And getting to places takes a long time without a mount. Most world events are over pretty kitten quickly because it's almost always cleared near instantaneously by some mastery level 200+ kitten with too much free time.

• Weird as this may sound to some - Getting to 20k Achievement Points on my F2P account, It's currently sitting at 17,338 so hopefully soon :)

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

1920x1200 :P

and nothing

• kurfu.5623kurfu.5623 Member ✭✭✭

To help my friend finish her griffon... To help my other friend ( who is less than a month into the game) along his journey.

This is my signature. It is not very exciting.

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

1920x1080...oh, as in in-game New Years resolutions...

Get my guild to do raids and upgrade our guild hall some more. My own personal resolution is to visit my girlfriend and meet her parents face to face.

• Get a legendary Longbow for my main - this might get checked off in a week, but I might decide I prefer Kudzu.
    • Get one more character completely up to speed on the story.
    • Get my guild through our current set of planned GH upgrades, and hopefully a few more.
  • Hot Boy.7138Hot Boy.7138 Member ✭✭✭

i'd like to find a raiding guild so i can start raiding again. I haven't raided in a year ><. that's my only in game resolution

• Haha I thought monitor resolution as well.
    Mine is in 4k
    To finish pof, get griffon, and roller beetle.

• Finish my shinning blade

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Ha ha! I thought this was about monitor resolution.

Me too! =)

@SleepyGamer.5748 said:
    Really curious what goals you are all setting your self for 2019

Nothing really. Did almost everything I wanted to do last year. Hope the new episodes are good and that we will get new content more frequently.

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019

I don't have much in the way of ambition, although I am sucker for finishing every aspect of a story. (Yes, that means I've done Vanilla, HoT, and PoF multiple times, on multiple races, and lost count how many times those kitten frogs killed me when I wasn't paying attention. XD)
    also i will marry laranthir
    also also stop shooting at me, omg..dsafsdlmflsdakfdsl;

Also, kitten frogs, excuse me while I die of a cute overdose. (i love all sorts of critters, leave me alone. )

“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mine?
    Find a reason to play again.
    And find the time. Most of my evenings are committed, and the prospect of grinding stuff just doesn't really appeal anymore.
    I log on, 80% of the time do dailies, then log off because my guild isn't doing stuff and finishing my legendary is just meeeh. And it's the same as finishing the Jahai Bluffs armor or . . Anything else, really.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

@Rauderi.8706 said:
    Mine?
    And find the time. Most of my evenings are committed, and the prospect of grinding stuff just doesn't really appeal anymore.
    I log on, 80% of the time do dailies, then log off because my guild isn't doing stuff and finishing my legendary is just meeeh. And it's the same as finishing the Jahai Bluffs armor or . . Anything else, really.

I'm starting to reach that point as well, altho I've def overplayed the game so less time in gw2 should be a good thing

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:
    Mine?

I'm starting to reach that point as well, altho I've def overplayed the game so less time in gw2 should be a good thing

Yeah, I definitely got my money's worth.
    Daily AP capped, so I skip daily batches that aren't quick or entertaining. Sometimes I don't even log in for an evening.

I suppose I've just gotten tired of the artificial game-time extenders: collect 100000 wood, run this 3-minute track 15 times, do this world event 100 times...
    Like, I get it, but it's excessive.

So, I'm a little burned out, and the content formula isn't helping: Little scrap of story, new map, new mastery XP grind, new material/event/map-currency grind.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Calvsie.3675Calvsie.3675 Member ✭✭✭

Finish getting the HoT Mastery skills

“You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

• Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭✭

I plan on doing more pvp till i get all the skins. So cheers to all the toxicity thrown my way until i learn it.

• Just one. Have fun by doing whatever I feel like doing at the moment when I have time/the mood. So zero preset goals.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rauderi.8706 said:
    Mine?

I'm just getting my daily login reward these days not even bothering with my home instance. I'm hoping the next release brings something interesting. And that the one after that comes a lot quicker.

• Tajiseed.7831Tajiseed.7831 Member ✭✭✭

My new year resolution is to learn to command in WvW, and stop worrying about gold.

• learn the maps better
    • learn strategies
    • build a tanky character
  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Pifil.5193 said:
    I'm just getting my daily login reward these days not even bothering with my home instance. I'm hoping the next release brings something interesting. And that the one after that comes a lot quicker.

Yeah, the game has a lot to offer to newcomers, but really very little to offer to veterans (unless you enjoy repetitive content like fractals and raids). I am more of a "good story" and "exciting quest" person myself, so I am hoping for more of that type of content in 2019.

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't have any new year's resolutions for this game.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.