Would you like Winter's Presence & Nightfury to be convertable into Infusions? [Merged]

this topic is brought up every year during halloween and wintersday.Not necessarily this specific thread, but the topic arises each time.

Maybe thats a signal for anet to say "hey, maybe I should adress this concern?, or at least explain why we're not adressing it"

A warning to anet, when a popular topic draws only silence, it can make the playerbase feel ignored or silenced, and thus turn to annoyances or rants.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Only if it was just an Aura infusion (no stat/ar) and I could withdraw it from my achievement panel, since it is an achievement reward.

I like that I can spend just a transmute charge and use it on my other characters. I just want to use a real shoulder item.

This is actually a really nice suggestion - I hope ArenaNet reads that.

That's a great idea... I'd really like the legendary weapon's auras and footsteps to work that way.Ofc that withdraw-able infusion needs to bei merge-able with normal infusions so we don't lose that slot. Might also serve as another crafting material sink.Example fo a Mystic Toilet Recipe: [statless Achievement Panel FX Infusion] + [Mighty WvW Infusions] + [25 Vials of Powerful Blood] + [50 Vials of Potent Blood] -> [Mighty WvW FX Infusions].

This! Yes, please make the Nightfury an infusion with the ability to have multiple infusions equipped. Why shouldn't we be able to have multiple copies? If I can stare down a few million bees and whatnot why can't I have a few dozen bats? Really what's the difference? And I'd be able to use my scarf that I bought from the gem shop.

Also, having Legendary weapon footfall/aura in the wardrobe would be fabulous. Then we could use the newest eye candy from the gem shop without having to totally give up our legendary shiny. ^ ^ This is exactly what stops me from buying new weapon skins. I worked too hard to get the aura and footfall to give them up for a 'plain' weapon skin.

I feel it should have always been an infusion/aura. I love the effect so much but having to never have shoulders visible always makes me disappointed. I mean to be honest I think there should be an infusion/aura tab for management since we have so many different infusions and combinations now. Maybe attach a small in-game currency fee like 25s a change or something. I think the whole cosmetic system could use some tab condensing to make management a lot better especially since we have so much to choose from now. Oh and of course, build templates. ;)

@Despond.2174 said:I feel it should have always been an infusion/aura. I love the effect so much but having to never have shoulders visible always makes me disappointed. I mean to be honest I think there should be an infusion/aura tab for management since we have so many different infusions and combinations now. Maybe attach a small in-game currency fee like 25s a change or something. I think the whole cosmetic system could use some tab condensing to make management a lot better especially since we have so much to choose from now. Oh and of course, build templates. ;)

Don't forget to vote ^^

I think there are several distinct questions implicit in the poll & I'd rather answer them separately:

• Do you want to see the effect of Winters Presence & Nightfury separated from the shoulder item?
  • If yes, how would you prefer that it be handled? via Infusion (only ascended gear)? via the backpack (like the current shoulder, the 'skin' would be invisible and just include the effect)? via a new 'aura' wardrobe? (disjoint from any piece of gear)? something else? or any of the above, as long the first question is addressed?
  • Would you rather have something 'now' or prefer to wait for ANet to "get it right"? (e.g. something that reduces total 'noise' from various sources)
  • How important is this to you? e.g. would you rather see this change than some new premium skins? does it top your list of wardrobe QoL improvements?

For me, I'd like to see the effects separated, via an aura wardrobe (although any method is preferable to none), but I don't think it's that important. I'd rather wait for ANet to create a system that does justice to effects, including making it easier to preview them.

Unfortunately, the closest option to my preference in the poll is "no," so I won't vote rather than making it seem that I'm against the idea.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:No, they are skins, meaning I can use on any and as many characters I want.Infusion will be stack on a single one

The system could be claimable from your achievement tab so you could use it on all your characters.

Say what?

We have a current system where in your achievements tab, you can claim skins on multiple characters free-of-charge. ArenaNet could integrate the Aura to that system.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:No, they are skins, meaning I can use on any and as many characters I want.Infusion will be stack on a single one

The system could be claimable from your achievement tab so you could use it on all your characters.

Say what?

We have a current system where in your achievements tab, you can claim skins on multiple characters free-of-charge. ArenaNet could integrate the Aura to that system.

Do you mean 'Novelties'?

I would like the WInter's Presence to be obtainable with a maximum gold input of 100-200gold (do the winter events 1 week 2 weeks doesn't matter).. the cost of 1000Gold is absolutely RIDICULOUS, for a once a year event/skin.I don't know what Arenanet was thinking, but the only present will be for them, people spending real money to buy gems and gold.. just to afford 1 skin.. ONE SKIN !

@"Smeerlap.2698" said:I would like the WInter's Presence to be obtainable with a maximum gold input of 100-200gold (do the winter events 1 week 2 weeks doesn't matter).. the cost of 1000Gold is absolutely RIDICULOUS, for a once a year event/skin.I don't know what Arenanet was thinking, but the only present will be for them, people spending real money to buy gems and gold.. just to afford 1 skin.. ONE SKIN !

All legendaries are like this, so to is the nighfury skin. also "once a year" true, but you can put it on every item afterwards forever, and its meant to be a long term reward.

@Smeerlap.2698 said:I would like the WInter's Presence to be obtainable with a maximum gold input of 100-200gold (do the winter events 1 week 2 weeks doesn't matter).. the cost of 1000Gold is absolutely RIDICULOUS, for a once a year event/skin.I don't know what Arenanet was thinking, but the only present will be for them, people spending real money to buy gems and gold.. just to afford 1 skin.. ONE SKIN !

The things that would be exclusive to wintersday for the completion of winter's presence can be aquired during the wintersday event. The bulk of the cost is on the drinks and those u can get all year round.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Smeerlap.2698 said:I would like the WInter's Presence to be obtainable with a maximum gold input of 100-200gold (do the winter events 1 week 2 weeks doesn't matter).. the cost of 1000Gold is absolutely RIDICULOUS, for a once a year event/skin.I don't know what Arenanet was thinking, but the only present will be for them, people spending real money to buy gems and gold.. just to afford 1 skin.. ONE SKIN !

The things that would be exclusive to wintersday for the completion of winter's presence can be aquired during the wintersday event. The bulk of the cost is on the drinks and those u can get all year round.

The bulk of the cost is no longer on the drinks. Their share is down to about 100-150 these days. Runes and sigils account for 550-750 gold, mystic coins for 150-200g.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Smeerlap.2698" said:I would like the WInter's Presence to be obtainable with a maximum gold input of 100-200gold (do the winter events 1 week 2 weeks doesn't matter).. the cost of 1000Gold is absolutely RIDICULOUS, for a once a year event/skin.I don't know what Arenanet was thinking, but the only present will be for them, people spending real money to buy gems and gold.. just to afford 1 skin.. ONE SKIN !

The bulk of the cost is no longer on the drinks. Their share is down to about 100-150 these days. Runes and sigils account for 550-750 gold, mystic coins for 150-200g.

Are these exclusive to the event tho? Looking at the gw2 eff for the skin its around 800~ gold, abit lower than what it was 2 years ago.

Also ye the runs to craft will prpb take around 600~ of the gold

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-77645

The link to the total.

@zealex.9410 said:

Are these exclusive to the event tho?You wrote that the bulk of the cost is on the drinks. That's no longer true and hasn't been for a while.I didn't address the "exclusive to event" question because none of the costs are dependent on the event, only the completion of achievements.

Looking at the gw2 eff for the skin its around 800~ gold, abit lower than what it was 2 years ago.Yes, that's the total value of all the materials. You can spend a bit more if you buy runes & sigils directly or buy snowflakes (instead of tiny snowflakes).But again, the fraction of the cost that belongs to alcohol|tonics is far, far, far below what it once was. It's no longer the most expensive component. It's now fourth.

They need to break auras into a new wardrobe function that is completely separate from gear. All legendary effects as well as the effects from skins and infusions would then become unlockable and able to be applied from the wardrobe. They may need to categorize them a bit to permit overlaps (something like "weapon", "armor", and "body" should do the trick I think).

The worst part about effect infusions is that they were added AFTER the MF% gear debacle was already cleaned up, basically recreating the same problem that had already been solved once.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Are these exclusive to the event tho?You wrote that the bulk of the cost is on the drinks. That's no longer true and hasn't been for a while.I didn't address the "exclusive to event" question because none of the costs are dependent on the event, only the completion of achievements.

Looking at the gw2 eff for the skin its around 800~ gold, abit lower than what it was 2 years ago.Yes, that's the total value of all the materials. You can spend a bit more if you buy runes & sigils directly or buy snowflakes (instead of tiny snowflakes).But again, the fraction of the cost that belongs to alcohol|tonics is far, far, far below what it once was. It's no longer the most expensive component. It's now fourth.

The point if the post was to make clear that the bulk of the cost isnt on items exclusively aquired during the 2 week period of wintersday. So when u told me the drink arent anymore the bulk i ask if the runes or mc were.