Chronobunk is back - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Chronobunk is back

2>

Comments

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    I remember the ol HoT bunker meta (either S1 or 2). Very few DPS builds as some classes were near impossible to remove off a node long enough to take it.

Thats when I made my Bunker Buster Scrapper build. Took 2 of em out on the same node....it was a fantastic build that did its job. RIP BBB build

That was S1 because I was an utter noob back then, and I barely remember that meta.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Solori.6025 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:
    This is going to get old real fast

You got hit twice with confusing images for 13 out of 14 hits. And it’s a 2.25 second channel time.

You do realize that there’s an ability in game that makes it so you can dodge damage, right?

They're not wrong though. Scepter does insane damage on confusing images which isn't exactly a low CD and the scepter block likewise is far too low a cool down. Add in mantra of pain for a spammable 2.5k hit of damage with easy 12+ stacks of might all the time and it's the icing on the cheesecake.

We will start seeing it more and more, already seeing more mesmers running scepter in WvW.

? Without the insane amount of setup the damage is similar to necro Axe. And can be outraged or interrupted. The CD is 12s. That's not short in the slightest as I believe skills like CoR and rapid fire are faster with more range.
    In WvW you have open field. You don't have to place yourself in an imaginary arena.
    And if the mes takes mantra they are giving up a utility that could help their survival for damage, and it's not hard to fight a class when you shut down their class mechanic.

The CD on illusionary counter is too low at 6s, even more so when traited.

I think CoR is not fine at all and neither is RF in combination with the damage mods/easy might stacking both classes can achieve, likewise with mesmer running around with 12 stacks of might from the mantra it's not great. Ranged skills shouldn't be doing anywhere near as much as the ones you listed and confusing images.

The mantra offers perma 12 might in addition to it's instant spammable damage, it's well worth it and poor design because of easy access damage boost and damage in 1 skill. Sure you might argue it's nothing too bad in the meta but the meta sucks because of dumb things that give lots of power/damage for little effort.

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2018

@apharma.3741 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

You got hit twice with confusing images for 13 out of 14 hits. And it’s a 2.25 second channel time.

You do realize that there’s an ability in game that makes it so you can dodge damage, right?

They're not wrong though. Scepter does insane damage on confusing images which isn't exactly a low CD and the scepter block likewise is far too low a cool down. Add in mantra of pain for a spammable 2.5k hit of damage with easy 12+ stacks of might all the time and it's the icing on the cheesecake.

We will start seeing it more and more, already seeing more mesmers running scepter in WvW.

? Without the insane amount of setup the damage is similar to necro Axe. And can be outraged or interrupted. The CD is 12s. That's not short in the slightest as I believe skills like CoR and rapid fire are faster with more range.
    In WvW you have open field. You don't have to place yourself in an imaginary arena.
    And if the mes takes mantra they are giving up a utility that could help their survival for damage, and it's not hard to fight a class when you shut down their class mechanic.

It's 6 seconds when traited. 8 without I believe.
    Edit: I would also argue the use of that line in a power build. As the damage modifiers I used to achieve the damage values listed above are found in Dom not illu. The added vuln stacks on a target do wonders

I think CoR is not fine at all and neither is RF in combination with the damage mods/easy might stacking both classes can achieve, likewise with mesmer running around with 12 stacks of might from the mantra it's not great. Ranged skills shouldn't be doing anywhere near as much as the ones you listed and confusing images.

I agree. Ranged shouldn't be doing so much damage. But damage across the board is high, even melee skills are over kill.

The mantra offers perma 12 might in addition to it's instant spammable damage, it's well worth it and poor design because of easy access damage boost and damage in 1 skill. Sure you might argue it's nothing too bad in the meta but the meta sucks because of dumb things that give lots of power/damage for little effort.

I would still argue that the slot could be used for something better. Especially since GS ambush exist. But this comes down to build preference and me and you have two different experiences that would dictate the use of that slot.

Tingle my stingleberry

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Solori.6025 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

I agree. Ranged shouldn't be doing so much damage. But damage across the board is high, even melee skills are over kill.

I would still argue that the slot could be used for something better. Especially since GS ambush exist. But this comes down to build preference and me and you have two different experiences that would dictate the use of that slot.

They changed Illusionary counter to 6s in competitive modes, I didn't realise either till about a month ago. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Counter

Yes everything is needing a bop, damage, cool downs, the whole shabang across all classes.

It depends what you do, you can run might duration runes and maintain 12 might all the time with brief periods of 24 (for reference a core ele through blasting and might on swap traits gets 12-16 constantly) with the mantra, use staff, scepter/torch and mirage. Then you basically go all in on kiting and ranging as much as possible using confusing images when you can otherwise blocking, teleporting away or running in the ooposite direction and spamming the mantra. You'll win vs anything melee 100% of the time.

The beauty of the mantra is that you just need LoS and to have them targeted otherwise you just run around spamming and can use skills as needed with mirage cloak covering the cast. As I said in the mesmer forums I'd like to see the mantra become something different, less spammy but impactful all the same.

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

@apharma.3741 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

They changed Illusionary counter to 6s in competitive modes, I didn't realise either till about a month ago. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Counter
    '

Oh you're right. Shows how much I use this weapon LOL

Yes everything is needing a bop, damage, cool downs, the whole shabang across all classes.

It depends what you do, you can run might duration runes and maintain 12 might all the time with brief periods of 24 (for reference a core ele through blasting and might on swap traits gets 12-16 constantly) with the mantra, use staff, scepter/torch and mirage. Then you basically go all in on kiting and ranging as much as possible using confusing images when you can otherwise blocking, teleporting away or running in the ooposite direction and spamming the mantra. You'll win vs anything melee 100% of the time.

Ahh ok. I am usually fighting Holo's. So with the added range option and the massive AoE destruction of clones I was confused as to why mantra was your go to choice. But that makes sense.

Tingle my stingleberry

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ofc it's back it never stopped being playable.

Mes is still the only class that is broken by design. It could roll just about anything and still work. It's just that mesmer mains are so used to being class carried that as soon as anything falls to A-tier they assume that it's bad.

• tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2019

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:
    Ofc it's back it never stopped being playable.

It's just that REV mains are so used to being class carried that as soon as anything falls to A-tier they assume that it's bad.

FTFY

• @mortrialus.3062 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:

@phokus.8934 said:

You realize that's a faster cast than Rapid Fire that simply hits harder right. It's also going to have quickness from the sigil most of the time? And unlike Rapid Fire this can't be projectile destructed or reflected.

Pretty sure this is actually the ranged skill with the highest damage coefficient now. I mean, don't get me wrong, this Chrono build is relatively easily dealt with as Reaper. But the damage is still absurd for a ranged skill.

Come back when Confusing Images can be buffed 40% with Sic Em' and become unblockable with Unstoppable Union.

I'm guessing you don't know how to V.

Chrono burst is way more dangerous than kitten LB tactics which requires way to much set-up for a 4 sec window to down with little to no defense since your utility and offhand are all taken up with offensive skills. Overall it's a pretty one dimensional build with limited usefulness out of ganking ignants in unranked and trolling silvers/gold 1s

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.