Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic concerns [Merged]

I have a few interrogations with the new salvage thing in the gemstore. It gives more upgrades than the Silver-fed Salvage-o-Matic, while only giving 5% less rare materials. But it only costs 30 copper on use, half the price of the Silver-fed kit.

The difference in on use-cost between the Silver-fed kit and the Copper-fed kit was understandable, as the later has mutch lower salvage rates (likely its purpose is to be used on lower-rarity items while the Silver-fed was dedicated to yellow+ items). But here the difference between the Silver-fed kit and that new Runecrafter's kit is so low, I find it hard to justify it being half as expensive.

So, let's say I only salvage rare items with the Silver-fed kit, is there any reason I shouldn't use the Runecrafter kit instead? If no, why even create a gemstore item that renders another gemstore item obsolete?

[Edit]: Copied some answers that better clarify my interrogation:

@ROMANG.1903 said:If the Runecrafter's kit only has 5% less chances of rare materials, while being half as expensive and recovering 20% more rune dust, is it still worth using the Silver fed kit if you just want to sell everything and get the most value out of it?

Is 5% chances of rare materials, worth paying twice as mutch on use and losing 20% of rune dust?

@"Vyral.9846" said:What is the advantage of the Silver-Fed? It gives an extra 5% chance of salvaging "rarer materials", a 20% less chance of salvaging upgrades, and costs twice as much per use. What are these "rarer materials" it speaks of? T6 materials instead of T5? Does the extra 5% bonus in gaining them outweigh the 2x cost per use and the loss of 20% salvaged runes/sigils over large numbers of salvages?

[Edit]: A lot of people seem to have misunderstood the tooltip of the Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic and to regret their purchase. I personally advise really considering every parameter (salvage rates, costs, and how you plan on using each kit) before doing so, but you can get a full gem refund by contacting the support.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't. The Silver-Fed salvage-o-matic is still better than the Runecrafter's unless you specifically want to recover the upgrade. Because in order to do the same thing you would have to salvage the item, then salvage the rune/sigil too. You're probably not doing it with the copper fed, because you want a chance at something other than the base ingredient. So you still spent 60cp and lost out on 5% chance, twice.

@totaloverride.3240 said:Runecrafter's kit should give rune not salvage the rune!!!!!!!!!!This is one more scam. I bought this and now i regret that.i want my 200g back!

It salvages the rune? What is the point of buying this thing then? The silver has an 80% chance of salvaging the rune anyway which, in my experience, means 100%. Why would I buy this thing? Thank you for your post, though, you saved me 600 gems I would have spent because I misread the description. I have to agree this is sort of a scam that relies on people either not reading or not understanding the description before buying.

@Lamont.5973 said:

@totaloverride.3240 said:Runecrafter's kit should give rune not salvage the rune!!!!!!!!!!This is one more scam. I bought this and now i regret that.i want my 200g back!

It salvages the rune? What is the point of buying this thing then? The silver has an 80% chance of salvaging the rune anyway which, in my experience, means 100%. Why would I buy this thing? Thank you for your post, though, you saved me 600 gems I would have spent because I misread the description. I have to agree this is sort of a scam that relies on people either not reading or not understanding the description before buying.

scam!

Correct me if im wrong.. but i feel like im missing something here. The description on the Rune kit says "100% chance of salvaging upgrades". As where silver kit has 80% of RECOVERING upgrade. Copper kit has 20% chance of salvaging upgrades (it always did. i never got an actual rune or sigil from it ever since the change). Same for Mystic kit but 80%. And finally the black lion kit has 100% chance of recovering upgrade, excl. infusions.

So...Why do some of these kits say salvage and others recover? shouldnt these be the same with the cost being higher or lower depending on the kit?Why does non of them actually recover the upgrade other then the black lion kit? i know its a chance. but very oddly it never happend...

Runecrafter's: 100% chance to salvage upgrades.Black Lion Salvage Kit: 100% chance of recovering upgrades

Most salvage kits only have a chance of salvaging upgrades: first it has to remove the rune|sigil first, which has a random chance; then it salvages whatever was removed. The advantage of runemaster's: the chance that the upgrade gets salvaged is 100% for a cost of 30 copper, compared to 80% chance for silver-fed at a 60 copper cost, and 20% for copper-fed at a 3 copper cost. That makes runemaster's ideal for masterwork, whereas last week, the silver-fed was the better option.

tl;dr runemaster's is a much better choice for extracting value from masterwork items(as stated in its description, it's not an option for recovering upgrades)

@"GWMO.4785" said:Correct me if im wrong.. but i feel like im missing something here. The description on the Rune kit says "100% chance of salvaging upgrades". As where silver kit has 80% of RECOVERING upgrade. Copper kit has 20% chance of salvaging upgrades (it always did. i never got an actual rune or sigil from it ever since the change). Same for Mystic kit but 80%. And finally the black lion kit has 100% chance of recovering upgrade, excl. infusions.

So...Why do some of these kits say salvage and others recover? shouldnt these be the same with the cost being higher or lower depending on the kit?Why does non of them actually recover the upgrade other then the black lion kit? i know its a chance. but very oddly it never happend...

all silver/copper/runecraft are salvaging all runes/sigilsso it's a scam

i want tool not to salvage runes/sigils. only if i click on rune/sigil, then they should be salvaged.argument that "it is faster this way", is so stupid that i don't want to comment on it

once we empty TP for low tier runes/sigil, new rune/sigil system will blowup, bcs 99% of salvage you get dustyou think runes/ sigils are now costly? wait few months it will be pain in the * to craft or buy them

Recommend uses:

• Fine or less: copper-fed/basic
  • Masterwork: runecrafter's or silver-fed if you don't have rc
  • Rares: silver-fed, mystic, or masterwork

All three infinite-use items from the gem shop are convenience items that you should not buy to save money; you should only by for the convenience in not having to stack multiple kits, as they will never pay for themselves (at least not for "typical" players).

FYI to recover upgrades, there's the endless upgrade extractor that drops can be acquired from the TP, for ~2600-3600 gold, which is equivalent to 1300-1500 gems total outlay (with 0 cost per use). A poor deal for most people; probably a good deal for the likes of snowcrows of which each member probably changes upgrades more often than my entire guild changes wardrobe.

Yeah, definitely some cryptic wording for sure.

But yes, anything with an extra upgrade in, you only have a chance to recover the mats from when salvaging normally. With runecrafter you always get the upgrade materials when salvaging. Its no scam.

Black Lion kits however extracts an undamaged upgrade item.

@GWMO.4785 said:Correct me if im wrong.. but i feel like im missing something here. The description on the Rune kit says "100% chance of salvaging upgrades". As where silver kit has 80% of RECOVERING upgrade. Copper kit has 20% chance of salvaging upgrades (it always did. i never got an actual rune or sigil from it ever since the change). Same for Mystic kit but 80%. And finally the black lion kit has 100% chance of recovering upgrade, excl. infusions.

all silver/copper/runecraft are salvaging all runes/sigilsso it's a scam

i want tool not to salvage runes/sigils. only if i click on rune/sigil, then they should be salvaged.argument that "it is faster this way", is so stupid that i don't want to comment on it

once we empty TP for low tier runes/sigil, new rune/sigil system will blowup, bcs 99% of salvage you get dustyou think runes/ sigils are now costly? wait few months it will be pain in the * to craft or buy them

Well, idk if it's a scam or not, but during these holidays, inebriated by the alcohol, weighed down by sweets, I also misread. Although the price was too low to be good (that's why I looked on the forum) Thanks a lot for your first post, it helped.I agree with @GWMO.4785, it would be better to use similar descriptions.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:It's not a scam. It upfront tells us what it does.You might not like that, you might prefer a different item on the TP, but that's a design concern, not one about whether we're being deliberately misled.No i wouldnt call it a scam. not in a direct sense at least. Like i can understand that on the kits where you have the salvage chance, it gets salvaged. and otherwise just wasted. However on the kits that have recover chance.... they dont recover. like guaranteed. Exception being the bl kit. So... flawed? idk

I feel like the Runecrafter's kit should at least be 25%, if not 30% chance of rarer materials (or cost only 15c per salvage), in order to compete better with Mystic Salvage kits, considering it costs 3 times as much per salvage as those.

Silver-Fed has always been awful value, costing 6 times as much per salvage as the Mystic while doing the same thing, so there was never a reason to buy or use that one anway.

@GWMO.4785 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Think you guys are looking for the endless upgrade extractor contractor. about 3000g.No.. im looking for a perma salvage kit that ACTUALLY has a chance to recover upgrades. And no silver kit does not do that,
despite the description saying 80%

The description on the Silver-fed CLEARLY states "80% chance of salvaging upgrades"What needs to be introduced is a Permanent Black Lion Salvage Kit, which given the latest changes, wont be too long to see come out I think. Until then, your option for a permanent way of recovering upgrades is already in game, via the Endless Upgrade Extractor.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Think you guys are looking for the endless upgrade extractor contractor. about 3000g.No.. im looking for a perma salvage kit that ACTUALLY has a chance to recover upgrades. And no silver kit does not do that,

The description on the Silver-fed CLEARLY states "80% chance of
salvaging upgrades
"

It didnt used to, and it was changed very recently as it still said

"Double-click to salvage crafting materials from an item in your inventory. 25% chance of rarer materials. 80% chance of recovering upgrades from items."

less than a week ago, which is what it should still do.

@Dante.1763 said:

salvaging upgrades
"

"Double-click to salvage crafting materials from an item in your inventory. 25% chance of rarer materials. 80% chance of recovering upgrades from items."

I can't remember the last time I specifically needed to extract a rune/sigil from an item, because it was too valuable to scrap. There's Black Lion Kits for this. Even before these changes, if you needed to recover a rune/sigil, you'd use a Black Lion kit because of the 20% chance that you'd lose the upgrade, no?Seems like it was redundant enough to remove the function from Salvage-o-Matics for QoL in inventory management.

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:I misunderstood the description too. I unconsciously interpreted the "100% chance of salvaging upgrades" as 'recovering upgrades'.

Doh. Well, now I have all 3 of these items. :/

Me 2. Wish i could throw all 3 in the toilet with a mystic forge stone to get 1 that salvages ascended gear as well. That would make me feel less shitty.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

salvaging upgrades
"

I can't remember the last time I specifically needed to extract a rune from an item, because it was too valuable to scrap. There's Black Lion Kits for this.Seems like it was redundant enough to remove the function from Salvage-o-Matics for QoL in inventory management.

Not everyone has black lion kits, you know that right? i used the silver cause it had an 80% chance to do it, and regardless, what i paid for should still do what i paid for it to do.