Every new expansion has a few major selling points, new features that take the game to the next level. Heart of Thorns gave us a new profession, the revenant, plus an elite specialization for each profession, together with gliding, guild halls, raids, and many other things. Path of Fire gave us nine more elite specializations, and five mounts, with a sixth mount being added later after release.
So, what's your favorite next expansion selling point?
- New profession content (Core professions upgrade, new professions, new weapon types, new gameplay mechanics, etc)
- New playable races (Tengu, Largos, Stone Dwarves, etc)
- New PvE game modes (New progression systems, new map meta events, classic questing, procedural dungeons, cooperative missions, hard mode in the open world, roguelike elite missions, new hardcore world bosses, etc)
- New PvP game modes (Battlegrounds, Heroes' Ascent, Guild vs Guild, Battle Royale, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, etc)
- New single player activities (Player housing, new crafting disciplines, crafting updates, fishing, adventure updates, etc)
- New multiplayer activities (Guild updates, WvW alliances, roleplaying tools, miniature battles, mount race tournaments, etc)
- Aesthetic upgrades (Dye channels in weapons and back items, swimsuit underwear, wardrobe legendary and infusion effects, advanced mount customization, hats with hair, etc)
- Old content upgrades (Return of Living World Season 1, integrate gliding and mounts in the old world, World vs World updates, Guild Wars 1 remaster, etc)
- Technical upgrades (Engine updates, build and wardrobe templates, return of districts, friend list updates, real open world, etc)
- Guild Wars 3 announcement
Note that recurrent content is not considered for this thread. I'm assuming new elite specializations, new fractals and raids, new mounts, new PvE and PvP maps, new rewards, etc, will keep being included with every expansion. The topic of the discussion is new stuff we do not expect, which will be potentially featured as one of the next expansion selling points.
Cast your votes!