Most absurd thing you heard in game... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Most absurd thing you heard in game...

Guild Wars 2 community is a nice community. But sometimes I have to read some jawdropping absurds on chat that I can't even comprehend how someone can belive it.

Other day I was doing fractals, and there was this one person that was complaining "Oh there must be someone with a lot of toughness on this group". Then I said I had 1,7k (I was running my commander's set on chrono still) and he was like "Man, you are making the dungeon harder for us. Monsters hit harder when there someone with a lot of toughness on the group" (kitten???)

What about you? What are the most absurd things you've read ingame?

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

<134

Comments

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

Came across this conversation recently
    We were talking about raids and a guy in the guild showed interest and asked how to get into raids. I told him to join training guild, it's where he can learn without too much pressure or put up with toxic pugs. Another guildie jumped in and said "I would like to join a training guild to get into raid too but my guild list is full."
    🤣🤣🤣

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Gulbasaur.1865Gulbasaur.1865 Member ✭✭✭

"Druid sucks. I want massive DPS". You switch to the nearest thing this game has to a dedicated healer spec and wonder why your DPS has gone down? Yeah no. I told him to try soulbeast instead.

I spend a bit of time with someone yesterday repeatedly asking me for a portal to a vista but would not tell me which one. English wasn't his first language (but it was enough to get on with) but he just didn't answer any questions. He indicated he had vision problems so found the jumping puzzle part of it hard... but also there wasn't a vista anywhere near him. I tried my best to find it, but I gave up and said sorry eventually. About an hour later he messaged me again and I went over and helped him, as he was standing by it but couldn't do the jump.

It was absurd in a sort of surreal way... "Use portal" to where? "try here" Where do you want to go? "the surface breaks portal" Which vista do you mean? "use portal please, I not do jump"

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2019

A long time ago.
    I was a guild officier and base necro just got Shroud 5.

3 Necros of our WvW Guild insisted to run 500 condi dmg only for that skill.
    (Back in the day condi was completely worthless).

After over one hour of discussion, he and 4 other necros left the guild because of it.

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2019

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:
    I spend a bit of time with someone yesterday repeatedly asking me for a portal to a vista but would not tell me which one. English wasn't his first language (but it was enough to get on with) but he just didn't answer any questions. He indicated he had vision problems so found the jumping puzzle part of it hard... but also there wasn't a vista anywhere near him. I tried my best to find it, but I gave up and said sorry eventually. About an hour later he messaged me again and I went over and helped him, as he was standing by it but couldn't do the jump.

It was absurd in a sort of surreal way... "Use portal" to where? "try here" Where do you want to go? "the surface breaks portal" Which vista do you mean? "use portal please, I not do jump"

I've seen a few variants of this. Most often a conversation in map chat that goes something like this:
    Player A: Can anyone help?
    Player B: with what?
    A: Hero challenge
    B: Which one?
    A: The one by me
    B: we can't see you. Where are you?
    A: so you won't help?

Or they just never say what they want help with and then complain no one will help.

Mastery points as well. Last week, while working on one of the POF weapons in CD, guy asks about the sludge pool of death MP. I tell him he needs skimmer, so he whispers to ask about the "one in the other zone". Assuming he's talking about Desert Highlands, I ask If it's the one through the portal or the one in the prime evil tomb, response, "the one in the other zone"...

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• TwiceDead.1963TwiceDead.1963 Member ✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

I've seen a few variants of this. Most often a conversation in map chat that goes something like this:
    Player A: Can anyone help?
    Player B: with what?
    A: Hero challenge
    B: Which one?
    A: The one by me
    B: we can't see you. Where are you?
    A: so you won't help?

Or they just never say what they want help with and then complain no one will help.

Ah, that one is really common in HoT maps. Rather frustrating.

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

Pretty much everything from teammates in PvP.

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2019

During the zerk-meta-age it was a common assumption by a lot of people, that food had absolutely no noticable effect at all (for both dungeons & fractals) and people should ignore that feature completely. For almost 5 years, I always carry Bowls of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew and Bowls of Saffron-scented Poultry Soup with me, mostly for the situations when we wipe due to the inability of dodging certain attacks or just lack condition-cleanses. Those two saved my life and the lives of my partymembers coutless of times. But whenever I tried to use them with pugs in fractals or dungeons, I was reminded that food had no use.

• Raids in GW2 is hard.

Compared to 99% of other mmo this is not the case.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

"No AoE at red"
    "No CC at blue"

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd defintely say it's the public (Usually Asura, sometimes Sylvari) ERP. I still don't know how or why i ended up on that particular megaserver instance.

Oh and there was that one time in the Old PvP lobby with people talking about their favorite form of Horse...I'm sure i can't repeat the rest of that here though.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mid 2018, very bored so I decided to look at doing some dungeons for old time sake and saw this

"15k so minimum, full zerker only" for ac.

• @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Mid 2018, very bored so I decided to look at doing some dungeons for old time sake and saw this

Maybe it was a nostalgia run?

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Maybe it was a nostalgia run?

It's 1 of the easiest dungeons in the game and could be soloed for heaven sake...

• Just about any time I forget to turn off map chat in Lion's Arch is a quotable offense.

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019

" omg! dont stand on each others, it makes you an easy target."

^Stacked to kill CM dungeon mobs

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

"necro is the best 1v1 spec right now in the game"

Was the most absurd and most funny thing I read lately.

And my favourite: "shroud skill 5 from scourge gives barrier to allies"

• @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    "No AoE at red"
    "No CC at blue"

It is kinda funny when people say not to cc blue champ... I've tested it hundreds of times and cc doesn't effect it's movement at all. Pretty sure no aoe at red is a legit thing tho because iirc killing the minions heals the champ.

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019

@VanHalenRules.5243 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    "No AoE at red"
    "No CC at blue"

It is kinda funny when people say not to cc blue champ... I've tested it hundreds of times and cc doesn't effect it's movement at all. Pretty sure no aoe at red is a legit thing tho because iirc killing the minions heals the champ.

They do, but vast AoEs either out DPS the minor heals or kill the healing bubbles out of range to heal the boss. Either way, it’s still better to full throttle AoE DPS the boss down.
    And the Blue Oasis boss is timer/HP based when moving.

My favourite facepalm is when you have to explain anything to do with Magic Find and what it affects, and people think you’re kidding when you say it doesn’t affect boss/ground chests.

Better get a wriggle on.

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

"Tempest can't heal."- Some random person.
    =I just flip my computer desk and chew on my desk lamp in complete and utter rage.=
    Not really, I just kind of snicker and wave and eat my pancakes

So now we march, march to your homes.

Our feet not making a sound: You can never hear a ghost when it roams...

I eat your Cheetos Paws and steal your sodas, 'cause that's how I roll. (sorry, i'll buy you more.)

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    "inc" - WvW team chat

That's a classic...

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    "inc" - WvW team chat

This bring up so much hate.

• 6 wings per year

• FOX.3582FOX.3582 Member ✭✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:
    Guild Wars 2 community is a nice community. But sometimes I have to read some jawdropping absurds on chat that I can't even comprehend how someone can belive it.

Other day I was doing fractals, and there was this one person that was complaining "Oh there must be someone with a lot of toughness on this group". Then I said I had 1,7k (I was running my commander's set on chrono still) and he was like "Man, you are making the dungeon harder for us. Monsters hit harder when there someone with a lot of toughness on the group" (kitten???)

What about you? What are the most absurd things you've read ingame?

Got kicked for not tanking Cairn.

• particlepinata.9865particlepinata.9865 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019

Not so long ago there was some weird conversation in roleplaying in Queensdale. Dont know the details anymore, but there are some rpers with strange fantasies. Queensdale map chat is standard annoying, so i mostly turn of chat when there. Don't know what it is over there, but its not as frequent in other areas/maps.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019

@VanHalenRules.5243 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    "No AoE at red"
    "No CC at blue"

It’s not and we even had a dev state it wasn’t in map chat at one point.

https://i.imgur.com/twSzh2m.png

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.