Race Change vs. New Race

Race change no, because character story.

It could be done even like that. Just have us repeat the traits selection of the character creation menu, then have them auto-completed in the story journal. You may even randomize it. I don't think people who really want a race change would mind losing a bit of RP for that, else they wouldn't ask for it. And those who do care about RP just won't purchase that service, so everyone's happy.

I'm curious exactly what you mean by 'race change' and what you would want to change in what races. For example,. I think Norn would be better if they were more than large, obnoxious versions of humans, but it would cause some dissonance with the previous events to have it happen, and I certainly would not choose to make a better Norn over a chance to be a Skritt or Quaggan or something.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:I'm curious exactly what you mean by 'race change' and what you would want to change in what races. For example,. I think Norn would be better if they were more than large, obnoxious versions of humans, but it would cause some dissonance with the previous events to have it happen, and I certainly would not choose to make a better Norn over a chance to be a Skritt or Quaggan or something.

Typically, people who ask for race change have a character they've invested a lot of time in, only to discover they'd prefer them as a different race. Thus, "race change" would be changing an Asura character to Norn, Charr to Sylvari, etc. This would not affect the lore of the races, just the one character.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:I'm curious exactly what you mean by 'race change' and what you would want to change in what races. For example,. I think Norn would be better if they were more than large, obnoxious versions of humans, but it would cause some dissonance with the previous events to have it happen, and I certainly would not choose to make a better Norn over a chance to be a Skritt or Quaggan or something.

Typically, people who ask for race change have a character they've invested a lot of time in, only to discover they'd prefer them as a different race. Thus, "race change" would be changing an Asura character to Norn, Charr to Sylvari, etc. This would not affect the lore of the races, just the one character.

Ah, thanks, that makes sense. I guess my vote stands. Personally, I'd rather be able to change professions than race...would totally swap a few of my characters.

I don't think we'll ever get a new race considering the amount of armor skins Anet would have to fit on it... They couldn't even do it properly on Charr and Asura. :astonished: I would like some Charr/Asura armor adjusment before a new race, please. Not to mention some of the weirdly oversized boots/shoulders/pants on Sylvari!

That Dominion of Winds area sandwiched between Maguuma and Kryta suggests area for both Largos and Tengu. That would be a nice place to launch a personal story for either but starting directly at L80.

Largos can be an under-water people with +25% natural movement speed in water but poorer gliding stamina.

Tengu can have infinite gliding stamina but a lower base toughness.

Their personal story can be stand-alone, skipping forging the pact and assaulting Orr. Then, splice in at the next ex-pac.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:You might want to edit your poll to include a third option for 'Neither.'

As such, I'll have to write that vote in, for reasons stated in those multiple previous threads.

True, because for every poll that is along the lines of:

If you had to choose between these options.... you obviously always have to have the clearly important third option for some people who want to not take part in the poll, but want to click something anyway.

Picked this because I personally don't want to change race on any of my characters (I have only 3). A new race might entice me to make a new character. But I am fine if neither comes to pass either, unless it does not take away development time from anything else I rather have, because why not then ^^.