Bots do +3000 matches per season with total impunity

Delweyn.1309

Its nothing new tbh. Bots always were here and will be.Its all about current state of PvP - that's main problem.

Low population of good PvP players makes that bots are more noticeable by everyone.

But why population is so low etc etc? Its simple.People these days (2018/2019) dont want to play PvP and spend a lot of their time to practice it in games which dont support PvP and Esport enough.Its just not worth their effort.

Edit:It all slowly started in early 2017. When ArenaNet stopped organizing world PvP championships. Esl were shut down. They also removed 5v5 games from ranked. So everyone had to play solo. PvP scene died. And since this moment with every season it's getting worse

@Deimos.4263 said:These bots have a winrate of 44-48%, which isn't bad considering they are literally smashing buttons mindlessly....and which also suggests who you are teamed with matters as much or more than your own ability.

Which is also indicating quite a problem. In GW1, bots used to be really annoying because they would run 8 interupt skills and you couldn't do anything. Now, if you tell me bots have approx 50% win rate by running mirage or scourge, going straight to the same point and spamming skills on recharge, i believe there is an issue somewhere..

@Abazigal.3679 said:I'd be interested to know though how far could bots go. However, i'm not sure bots could run anything else than holding sides 1v1 on mirage, scourge straight running to mid spamming aoe randomly, or eventually DH guard/trap ranger spamming traps and blocks on recharge.

I mean, we all know condi spamming works quite well until a certain level, but anything else would be totally useless in my opinion.

Honestly the botters would have more success by just using ultra bunkers with 0 damage, that go sit at home and attempt to hold it the entire game. It would be easy to mod and much more functional having the bot just defend, rather than attempt to attack. Things like a Ventari Herald or Scrapper with Mine Kit so they are perpetually just knocking people off nodes, and have random high sustain from doing skill cycles.

@Abazigal.3679 said:

@"Deimos.4263" said:These bots have a winrate of 44-48%, which isn't bad considering they are literally smashing buttons mindlessly....and which also suggests who you are teamed with matters as much or more than your own ability.

Which is also indicating quite a problem. In GW1, bots used to be really annoying because they would run 8 interupt skills and you couldn't do anything. Now, if you tell me bots have approx 50% win rate by running mirage or scourge, going straight to the same point and spamming skills on recharge, i believe there is an issue somewhere..

It's more complicated. The "good" bots are really annoying.After point is taken, they go to another and can take all 3 points.

In fight, I had to run away from fight many times as a sniper. Why ?

When they get hit they insta dodge + invisible and begins to run to you invisible. As programs they react faster than human reflexes.They spam clones and use break focus with invisibility and axe skills.When I get invisible, at the microseconde I respawn, they focus me and put all their skills + clones running after me. This is not like a human player who has to turn camera to see where the thief will reappear.And with mirage, they get many dodges et invincibilities just by spamming skills.

I killed many plat players much easier than those stupid mirage bots.

ATM I always go close and never move from the point, killing every enemy coming. Just by playing like this I have a nearly 50% ratio in silver1-2.And anyway, if you lose too much, the matchmaking will puts you will players capable of carying you just by themselves. It's how you get the 50% ratio.

To answer both posts above : the condition overload is also the problem and what is going to kill " easily " low experienced players. If you get insta dodges, full clones or full bunker sitting home with very few damage, it's not going to do much since you won't have any impact on the game, andpeople hardly gonna 3v1 a far point they don't hold, even beginners.However, i'm pretty sure the scourge bots or mirage bots are able to win 1v2 or even 1v3 in bronze or low silver, and that's a huge problem to me. These builds might have something to change if they're so easy to play a bot can have 50% win rate with them.

@"Abazigal.3679" said:To answer both posts above : the condition overload is also the problem and what is going to kill " easily " low experienced players. If you get insta dodges, full clones or full bunker sitting home with very few damage, it's not going to do much since you won't have any impact on the game, andpeople hardly gonna 3v1 a far point they don't hold, even beginners.However, i'm pretty sure the scourge bots or mirage bots are able to win 1v2 or even 1v3 in bronze or low silver, and that's a huge problem to me. These builds might have something to change if they're so easy to play a bot can have 50% win rate with them.

Well, the final result of the game is not depending of the killing capacity of 1 class or player. It's a 5v5, not 1v1.When I left my nephew play the game, he lost so many games that, at a moment, the matchmaking teamed him with 4 players who were able to win easily against 5 enemies. I remember, he was bronze and he was with gold players against silvers.

So for the bots, if they lose too much, they will be teamed with 4 better players against 5 average players. This rule works for for everyone

But I agree on you that mirage have too many tools, and especially against average players.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Abazigal.3679 said:I'd be interested to know though how far could bots go. However, i'm not sure bots could run anything else than holding sides 1v1 on mirage, scourge straight running to mid spamming aoe randomly, or eventually DH guard/trap ranger spamming traps and blocks on recharge.

I mean, we all know condi spamming works quite well until a certain level, but anything else would be totally useless in my opinion.

Honestly the botters would have more success by just using ultra bunkers with 0 damage, that go sit at home and attempt to hold it the entire game. It would be easy to mod and much more functional having the bot just defend, rather than attempt to attack. Things like a Ventari Herald or Scrapper with Mine Kit so they are perpetually just knocking people off nodes, and have random high sustain from doing skill cycles.

Having them to move around and attack people problably make them look more convincing of being a person to the average player.

Im not surprised really (esp the mirage comments). I found out a couple months ago a lot of Mirages run macros for max clone generation/explosions (in both PvP and WvW). Apparently I know 2 in NA and 1 in EU that does, and they know of many others.

Makes me smh as a Mirage player myself (Non meta DPS) as it gives the honest ones a bad rep.

Another bot.This one don't get stuck in this map and it's routine is to go mid then close.It's detect enemy range is quite short but you can see that he can be a threat for average players who come in his fight range.The mirage class is just so cheat with all clones spamming, invisibility, dodges, shatters, distortion, scepter blocks...

@"Kaburro.4712" said:You dont really get it. Yes, Anet could implement an algorithm to filter those "3k matches" users.What you are forgetting is... the bot are Anet property, to compensate for the low pool.

That or they simply don't get a f....k about bot users and don't want to admit it (so they tells people to use the "report bot" fonction).If the pvp were successfull in esport, they would probably be more serious about this plague, but now... they just don't care anymore.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Unbelieveable. Not as much the botting itself as the fact that there is nothing ANet can do about it?

I knew there was more than one reason I quit PvP two years ago...

Yes, it's what makes me sad, it's not the bots, because in everygame there will be bots.What makes me sad and very disappointed is that Anet does voluntarily nothing against them and are hiding things.And it's not because they are very hard to detect and need a deep investigation to not makes mistakes.

We all know there are bots because of the broken reward system and the total lack of caring from the creators.

Sadly nothing will change and this is how gw1 pvp ended. There were 5 bots to every one human at the end before gw2.

At this point they dont care and you just have to understand that. They make money off the simple minded who buy flashy skins like in fortnite. This is the slow end to gw2 and the final stake in the coffin for gw2 pvp.

There will be no major advances in gw2 pvp for now and forever it will be 5v5 circlequest where you can only duo which results in wintraders.

Pvp is now just wintraders, bots a few hackers, and the remaining players that think its competitive.

Gotta wait for guild wars 3 or guild wars 1 remastered 4k. Pvp here is over and has been for awhile.