Most absurd thing you heard in game... - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Most absurd thing you heard in game...

Comments

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@particlepinata.9865 said:
    Queensdale map chat is standard annoying, so i mostly turn of chat when there. Don't know what it is over there, but its not as frequent in other areas/maps.

It's the human initial area, so it's most likely more crowded by new players and idiots alike.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• Calvsie.3675Calvsie.3675 Member ✭✭✭

"5 gold to teleport you to the end of the jumping puzzle"

“You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

• Arkantos.7460Arkantos.7460 Member ✭✭✭

IM rang phoenix, so respect my authority!

• XenoSpyro.1780XenoSpyro.1780 Member ✭✭✭

Nothing's more absurd than Lion's Arch mapchat.

• DakotaCoty.5721DakotaCoty.5721 Member ✭✭✭

"ArenaNet really deliver on content".

• Calvsie.3675Calvsie.3675 Member ✭✭✭

@perilisk.1874 said:

@Calvsie.3675 said:
    "5 gold to teleport you to the end of the jumping puzzle"

Maybe if it was Chalice of Tears...

Truth... this was the LA jumping puzzle.

“You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

"Because you want a game to respect your time and not be a second and third job, you want everything given to you on a silver platter when you log in!"
    -Summarized from Slippery Slope Tryhards

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Game of Bones.8975Game of Bones.8975 Member ✭✭✭✭

"The name of your pet offends me."

"That's what" -- She

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

"Weavers can't CC" [links weaver's rotation]
    /facepalm

• kurfu.5623kurfu.5623 Member ✭✭✭

@Hugheszie.6291 said:
    Two people fighting in WVW (because thats what you're supposed to do) I run up, nuke the guy on the other team and my team mate says "Why'd you do that Assh***?"

=)

They were dueling... I had the exact same thing happen to me once, got called an assh***, too.

This is my signature. It is not very exciting.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Someone once told me (in the Labyrinth of course) that not only are rangers the only profession with knockback skills but that all ranger weapons and all pets cause knockback and there is nothing the ranger can do to prevent it.

Thankfully other people confirmed that a ranger using sword/torch and axe/torch cannot cause knockback (this was before HoT so no Glyph of Tides) and then a mesmer owned up to never having read the description for Illusionary Wave and promised to stop using it and even though the guy still insisted rangers constantly knockback enemies all the time the problem mysteriously stopped.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

I've heard great many absurd things...

"Leveling elite specs/masteries is too hard"
    "Mouth of Zhaitan is impossible, I need help"
    "Help me powerlevel"
    "reaper is a bad spec for open world/fractals"
    "Ranger players have no skill" (depends how you play your ranger... not all of us are bearbow and not all of us have our pet tank mobs)

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cerioth.7062 said:
    "Ranger players have no skill" (depends how you play your ranger... not all of us are bearbow and not all of us have our pet tank mobs)

Someone once told me rangers don't have a learning curve, they have a cliff. Most professions you can work out gradually but rangers are either really easy or very difficult.

I'm not entirely sure that's true, I feel like it's just a matter of being willing to try different weapons and pets which isn't really any different from most professions. But I like the description of a learning cliff anyway, and I can think of some games where it's definitely appropriate.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Diak Atoli.2085Diak Atoli.2085 Member ✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Cerioth.7062 said:

Someone once told me rangers don't have a learning curve, they have a cliff. Most professions you can work out gradually but rangers are either really easy or very difficult.

I'm not entirely sure that's true, I feel like it's just a matter of being willing to try different weapons and pets which isn't really any different from most professions. But I like the description of a learning cliff anyway, and I can think of some games where it's definitely appropriate.

For a learning 'cliff', I offer up EVE Online. For the thread, I offer up "HoT/PoF is too hard."

@Danikat.8537 said:
    Someone once told me (in the Labyrinth of course) that not only are rangers the only profession with knockback skills but that all ranger weapons and all pets cause knockback and there is nothing the ranger can do to prevent it.

But of course a flamethrower Engi would never spam knockbacks while I'm trying to greatsword at things!

Primary offender is still bearbow. If I'm in open world and someone baps a critter away from me, I just walk away and let them have it. -_-

Many alts! Handle it!

-Eloc Freidon.5692

• One called "World Restructuring" for WvW players.
    Only 1 Anet guy working on it and we believe it will be completed and be part of GW3.

• "Don't use chilling reaper in group content. It makes everyone slower."

Not sure what (s)he meant with that but it sounded odd.

And something that sounded odd to me but not sure if it it. A warning from a complete stranger (more like a rude threat) to change my hunter pets name or they would report me for breaking name policies and get me banned. The pet is the pink moa bird I named "Floyd". (Yes pun intended.) Haven't really dared use the name anymore just to be sure, which is a pity.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't reiterate the stuff I see in the game at times but there have been many cases where I'm chilling in a town and the Chat is just full of the most random, crazy and often hilarious nonsense I've ever read XD

God bless those with warped and creative minds because you really do amuse the hell out of me at times XD
    It's always a good laugh when the chat goes randomly nuts like that lol

@zeldara.4127 said:
    "Don't use chilling reaper in group content. It makes everyone slower."

And something that sounded odd to me but not sure if it it. A warning from a complete stranger (more like a rude threat) to change my hunter pets name or they would report me for breaking name policies and get me banned. The pet is the pink moa bird I named "Floyd". (Yes pun intended.) Haven't really dared use the name anymore just to be sure, which is a pity.

Maybe Floyd is a dirty word in another language? At which point, I don't think ANet would action you for it.

Also, it's kitten near impossible to report a pet name. It's pretty much a screenshot and support ticket. There ought to be a better system for reporting actual violations.

Many alts! Handle it!

-Eloc Freidon.5692

• zeldara.4127zeldara.4127 Member ✭✭
    edited January 4, 2019

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@zeldara.4127 said:

Maybe Floyd is a dirty word in another language? At which point, I don't think ANet would action you for it.

Also, it's kitten near impossible to report a pet name. It's pretty much a screenshot and support ticket. There ought to be a better system for reporting actual violations.

I think it's aimed at the (pun intended by me) name of real live band "Pink Floyd" and the rules state you can't use trademarked names, names of real celebrities. So i think Floyd on his own would be fine, but if you get the pun, it technically breaks the rules i guess.

• Wow you guys are all aggro. This thread has devolved into some kind of passive aggressive proxy argument. Anyway, the dumbest things I've heard in this game are:

"Just because it is in the dictionary doesn't make it a real world"
    "My Little Pony is terrible"

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• Dragana.1497Dragana.1497 Member ✭✭✭

@zeldara.4127 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@zeldara.4127 said:

I think it's aimed at the (pun intended by me) name of real live band "Pink Floyd" and the rules state you can't use trademarked names, names of real celebrities. So i think Floyd on his own would be fine, but if you get the pun, it technically breaks the rules i guess.

Pink Floyd is a nickname for a part of the male anatomy. ;)

"I'm not quite what I thought I was but then again I'm maybe more"

• Celsith.2753Celsith.2753 Member ✭✭✭

/t Me: Is garrison ok?
    /t Scout: it's clear

/t Me: ??????
    /t Scout: Oh did you want me to check more than one gate?

885k+ WvW kills
    Diamond No Life
    [HUNT] Predatory Instinct

• Even if ArenaNet got the pun, and I'm sure they would if they looked, they would not action the account. Only if the patent-holders of 'Pink Floyd' complained, which I can't imagine would ever happen. If so, ArenaNet would just ask you to change the name.

• How about that female NPC in the DR home instance that keeps saying, "That Minister Caudecus, a good head on his shoulders, he has."? :)

• zeldara.4127zeldara.4127 Member ✭✭
    edited January 4, 2019

@Dragana.1497 said:

@zeldara.4127 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@zeldara.4127 said:

Slaps her own forehead. Next time check the urban dictionary :) ok... that makes sense. Learn something new everyday ^^ Yeah ok... the bird gets a new name now for sure :) I'll stop derailing the thread now.

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dragana.1497 said:

@zeldara.4127 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@zeldara.4127 said:

Well, punishing some older person or someone who is otherwise behind the times because they didn't look up their pets name on urban dictionary first to see if it's "offensive" is ageism.

Besides, I'd be more worried about the person looking for references like that just so they can report.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Game of Bones.8975Game of Bones.8975 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:
    "The name of your pet offends me."

Tbh, I've seen some rangers with very offensive pet names (Like this one with a Black Bear which the name was a derivate of the N word). But I'm assuming the pet in question problably only had a dumb name?

I don't pay attention to what people say about my pet names. I'm not intentionally offensive. I try to use puns as much as possible; "Megan" Fox, "Missing" Lynx, "That's so" Raven, "Jump the" Shark, and so on.

I have seen a thread regarding how to turn in a person for an offensive pet name.

"That's what" -- She

• Diak Atoli.2085Diak Atoli.2085 Member ✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    That reminds me of another one. When people see my pet raven's name: "You know the raven in the poem isn't actually called quoth".

To which I always say "Yeah but the one in Discworld is". Some people accept that, some try and tell me that means Terry Pratchett didn't understand the poem (he did, the character did not) and some actually tell me they've never heard of Discworld, in which case I tell them I'm sorry to hear that.

What's Discworld?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

• starhunter.6015starhunter.6015 Member ✭✭✭

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@zeldara.4127 said:

Thats correct, also may add if the name is banned for players it will also be banned for pets. So I say go back to using Floyd .

• Zin Dau.1749Zin Dau.1749 Member ✭✭✭

Using UD and foreign languages as the premise for offensiveness? That IS absurd.

• Turin.6921Turin.6921 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2019

Back in the day right after HoT that Fractals had this dumb toughness scaling for 50+ and the meta was 4 condi reapers and a druid i got kicked from a party with the guys saying: "condi is not viable in high level fractals since its capped" (btw the cap was removed like 6 months plus before then)

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

Rofl, I try :-(

lol!

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

Rofl, I try :-(

Re-title: When WvWers try to COE.

Don't feel kitten though, those bridges got me before too.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cerioth.7062 said:

"Help me powerlevel"

If a Ranger enters WvW he is either a Roamer who knows what he is doing or someone who has no idea what he is doing.

The first variant is alot less common.

From a WvW perspective the last one is almost always true.

• obcan.1470obcan.1470 Member ✭✭

Current balance is fair and rewarding to everyone including elementalists they just dont know it yet.

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Cerioth.7062 said:

"Help me powerlevel"

If a Ranger enters WvW he is either a Roamer who knows what he is doing or someone who has no idea what he is doing.

The first variant is alot less common.

From a WvW perspective the last one is almost always true.

To be fair, I don't think any player is going to be doing very great when first entering a competitive game mode, no matter how skilled they are as an individual, as they need to get a feel for the competitive gamemode first, whether it's PVP or WvW. Of course some classes carry better than others.

On topic:
    I recall someone being rather stubborn over the concept of level scaling. They claimed GW2 mobs do not scale, and that their red attributes meant that their gear was broken. When people tried to correct them, they kept on arguing.

• "Get good"
    "L2P"

I'm not asocial, I'm selectively social. There's a difference.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2019

mesmer is hard to play and needs buffs
    um wut
    also
    I cant be racist im black
    didn't know what to say to that one

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.