Bots do +3000 matches per season with total impunity

Delweyn.1309

@ArenaNet You guys really need to take bots seriously.This was one of the glaring reasons BnS pvp died a few weeks after release.Bots kill pvp in MMO's, either you are actively discouraging this or you are going to sit back and watch the pvp in your game become deserted like your first one.Times ticking.

@Solori.6025 said:@ArenaNet You guys really need to take bots seriously.This was one of the glaring reasons BnS pvp died a few weeks after release.Bots kill pvp in MMO's, either you are actively discouraging this or you are going to sit back and watch the pvp in your game become deserted like your first one.Times ticking.

Sadly it's going to be the latter on this one. Anet has had plenty of time to catch it - maybe even multiple seasons that this has been happening.

@Xar.6279 said:Its nothing new tbh. Bots always were here and will be.Its all about current state of PvP - that's main problem.

Low population of good PvP players makes that bots are more noticeable by everyone.

But why population is so low etc etc? Its simple.People these days (2018/2019) dont want to play PvP and spend a lot of their time to practice it in games which dont support PvP and Esport enough.Its just not worth their effort.

Edit:It all slowly started in early 2017. When ArenaNet stopped organizing world PvP championships. Esl were shut down. They also removed 5v5 games from ranked. So everyone had to play solo. PvP scene died. And since this moment with every season it's getting worse

Yea that removal of team queue was a smashing success at killing off small guilds who focused on pvp...

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...)
and that free accounts could probably deposit gold or send gold to the main accounts.

I think that's why it takes Anet so long to ban those bots and their "owners", they are probably waiting for them to send the Gold/Items so they can track the owners account and ban their main.

However if that's the thing I find it difficult to believe that Anet wouldn't have access to the IP addresses with which the accounts were made.

IP adress for cable and adsl are not static so if you ban an IP you risk to deny to play to a normal player . This is the reason why ban is on user i think

@PierPiero.9142 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...)
and that free accounts could probably deposit gold or send gold to the main accounts.

I think that's why it takes Anet so long to ban those bots and their "owners", they are probably waiting for them to send the Gold/Items so they can track the owners account and ban their main.

However if that's the thing I find it difficult to believe that Anet wouldn't have access to the IP addresses with which the accounts were made.

IP adress for cable and adsl are not static so if you ban an IP you risk to deny to play to a normal player . This is the reason why ban is on user i think

Isn't there a way to ban people based on the unique ID from a piece of hardware within the machine?

@Solori.6025 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...)

Isn't there a way to ban people based on the unique ID from a piece of hardware within the machine?

I could spin up a new virtual machine in minutes with a unique MAC address.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...)

Yes. But I was thinking you could do this the same time you ban an account. This way when the person hitting buys a new account that one gets perma banned too until the botter figures it out. If they arent using a virtual machine already. Just thinking of ways to make the process inconvenient enough to discourage botting in the first placeEdit. What's your suggestion for getting rid of bots?

@Solori.6025 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...)

Yes. But I was thinking you could do this the same time you ban an account. This way when the person hitting buys a new account that one gets perma banned too until the botter figures it out. If they arent using a virtual machine already. Just thinking of ways to make the process inconvenient enough to discourage botting in the first place

Actually if they were doing this through a VM it's even easier.

@"FyzE.3472" said:Still no comments from devs? Even the regular "we hear you"? Great. Makes me wanna play this game a lot more...

All the bots I reported and who are in my friendlist are all here and doing their games. None is missing. And I still continue to play with them everyday.I'll put the screen of all their matches at the end of the season.

@Delweyn.1309 said:

@"FyzE.3472" said:Still no comments from devs? Even the regular "we hear you"? Great. Makes me wanna play this game a lot more...

All the bots I reported and who are in my friendlist are all here and doing their games. I'll put the screen of all their matches at the end of the season.

Thanks man! Hope this will raise some attention :)

@FyzE.3472 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:Still no comments from devs? Even the regular "we hear you"? Great. Makes me wanna play this game a lot more...

All the bots I reported and who are in my friendlist are all here and doing their games. I'll put the screen of all their matches at the end of the season.

From who ? The dev. ? Players to spread the information ?I think I'm just going tired of this, and will accept this, like Anet probably want.Another case that will be forgotten with time.

@Delweyn.1309 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:Still no comments from devs? Even the regular "we hear you"? Great. Makes me wanna play this game a lot more...

From who ? The dev. ? Players to spread the information ?I think I'm just going tired of this, and will accept this, like dev. probably want.Another case that will be forgotten wih time.

Reddit? They can't just ignore it there.

I actually asked a question on a stream by Jawgeous (anet partner) while Ben P was watching. Jawgeous said he's seen a number of these accounts and he works with CS to get them dishonored. He also said he hopes to get about 30 more dishonored.

It seems Anet knows about it, they might not be willing to comment yet outside of their circles.

And here it goes for the grand finale.

Matches played and ratio for 9 bot users this season.

https://imgur.com/a/4714Gcs

So

• They are the bot accounts that I was able to catch. There should be more.

• They were all mesmer mirage (and 1 necro) in this list

• They can climb to gold

• Seems there are 2 types of bot users. The one who try to not catch too much attention by doing "only" 500-800 matches". And the one who don't care and have done nearly 4k matches in this season.

• They were all able to do the entire season. So they were right to not care. And knowing this, we can expect to see more of them in next seasons.

• It impacts economy. Prices go up because of those guys who made thousands and thousands of golds.