Most absurd thing you heard in game... - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Most absurd thing you heard in game...

Comments

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

"Don't worry i know i have played this 17k hours"

few minutes later his catas gets wiped by nearest mortar.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

• Xxnecroxx.4039Xxnecroxx.4039 Member ✭✭✭

Necro is a Viable Profession in all game modes at this time in GW2 and does not need any buffs

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:
    Necro is a Viable Profession in all game modes at this time in GW2 and does not need any buffs

Well it is so not absurd at all, its not however optimal in all of em-

• Kas.3509Kas.3509 Member ✭✭✭

"Ressing people is dps loss"

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2019

“Precursors actually drop from creatures”
    Thats just complete skritt talk. Anet puts a few on the trading post, and when you hear rumours of people who got precursors dropped, they got one from a dev with the contract that they have to say “it dropped from a creature”

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

@Nekromalistik.7045 said:
    "Ban ArcDPS and any third party program"

The only more absurd thing i’ve ever heard was someone say “people become toxic thanks to ArcDPS”

Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Whispered to my spouse, "Please stop killing us and being in the camp. I need my dailies." WvW 101. No. It is mine. Also there are three other maps to choose from. :)

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:
    If you're going to check the urban dictionary for offensive meanings then you cant use any name at all. xD

According to Urband Dictionary, 40% of my characters reference obscure (and frankly disturbing) intimate acts between consenting adults.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shrimpkin.4851 said:
    "Get good"
    "L2P"

This is not absurd, it's just true.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nothing these days, thank God for the block function.

• Zohane.7208Zohane.7208 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    Thats just complete skritt talk. Anet puts a few on the trading post, and when you hear rumours of people who got precursors dropped, they got one from a dev with the contract that they have to say “it dropped from a creature”

My wife got Zap from a skale in Queensdale once…. "this message was NOT sponsored by Arenanet"

• Had a guy in PvP freaking out because one of our teammates wasn't wearing armor. "Armor gives you your stats, you have to wear it!"

You do you, naked PvP'er. The rest of us trust you're using an amulet lol

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aaron Forestman.4758 said:
    Had a guy in PvP freaking out because one of our teammates wasn't wearing armor. "Armor gives you your stats, you have to wear it!"

I remember needing to have Chest, Leg and Boots equiped to gain the base armor value of the character tho. Not sure if this have changed.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• @Ayakaru.6583 said:

The only more absurd thing i’ve ever heard was someone say “people become toxic thanks to ArcDPS”

looool

• @Squeak.7093 said:
    Whispered to my spouse, "Please stop killing us and being in the camp. I need my dailies." WvW 101. No. It is mine. Also there are three other maps to choose from. :)

I don't have a problem with this when it's camps or towers, but when the monument or vet is up for a daily, let them finish, or assist (for the veteran creature).

@Kalendraf.9521 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

They actually do have a miniscule chance to drop from creatures, and players in my guild have gotten them that way. The bit about Anet putting them on the TP is absurd.
    Before they added collections, most came from the MF by tossing in 4 rares or 4 exotics. Since release I've gotten 5 precursors that way, and I usually try upconverts with lower value level 75+ rares & exotics about 3 to 5 times a week on average. I got 1 other pre from a PvP rank-up chest so they can come from those as well. So there are various ways to get them in game, but the odds are really, really low.

Sorry to say, but then people in your guild were approached by anet and given precursors, with the instruction to pretend it dropped from a creature

..jormag? Who's that?

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭✭

My guild has had a person or two to get a precursor drop from mobs as well. It's not an anet conspiracy.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946 said:

@Squeak.7093 said:
    Whispered to my spouse, "Please stop killing us and being in the camp. I need my dailies." WvW 101. No. It is mine. Also there are three other maps to choose from. :)

I don't have a problem with this when it's camps or towers, but when the monument or vet is up for a daily, let them finish, or assist (for the veteran creature).

And give up my potential for 10 minutes of participation reset??

Thank You for the {MEME}

• My troll alarm is ringing with this one.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• Kalendraf.9521Kalendraf.9521 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Kalendraf.9521 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

They actually do have a miniscule chance to drop from creatures, and players in my guild have gotten them that way. The bit about Anet putting them on the TP is absurd.
    Before they added collections, most came from the MF by tossing in 4 rares or 4 exotics. Since release I've gotten 5 precursors that way, and I usually try upconverts with lower value level 75+ rares & exotics about 3 to 5 times a week on average. I got 1 other pre from a PvP rank-up chest so they can come from those as well. So there are various ways to get them in game, but the odds are really, really low.

Sorry to say, but then people in your guild were approached by anet and given precursors, with the instruction to pretend it dropped from a creature

That's just being silly. Mobs can drop them, or at least they did at one time. I haven't heard of anyone getting one from a mob drop recently, but at least during the first few years a few people got them that way.

Proud to be a member of the Charter Vanguard [CV] on the Henge of Denravi

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

That's how I got Storm. /shrug
    Bound it right when Wardrobe came out to unlock the skin. ..didn't see the other text until after I bound it, so I went ahead and made it, sold it, and bought a merchant contract and hair contract. :3

Assuming some sort of ANet conspiracy is . . actually absurd. >.>

Many alts! Handle it!

-Eloc Freidon.5692

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

@Vayne.8563 said:
    One guy in my guild didn't buy the copper fed salvomatic because he didn't have that much copper. He thought you had to mine copper ore to run it.

It's okay. My girlfriend thought the exact same thing until I JUST read this to her now. Thank you for the laughs!

• Maikimaik.1974Maikimaik.1974 Member ✭✭✭

"I will never be able to afford the Jackal mount"

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭✭

"I never noticed we can just teleport to Guild Hall from the guild menu! I've been running to Verdant Brink each time."

• Hugheszie.6291Hugheszie.6291 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

@kurfu.5623 said:

@Hugheszie.6291 said:
    Two people fighting in WVW (because thats what you're supposed to do) I run up, nuke the guy on the other team and my team mate says "Why'd you do that Assh***?"

=)

They were dueling... I had the exact same thing happen to me once, got called an assh***, too.

Well if they want to duel, don't do it in World V World, an open battle where my objective is to kill the enemy. The literal reason for the game mode :P

Just thought of another:
    I was tagged up doing a world boss, helping low level players, A few others and myself were mounted and a random guy ran up to us (around level 20) and said:
    "Pay to win kitten!"

We had to explain mounts were not pay to win and in fact, part of the game, unlockable by playing the story. It went on for some time.

• Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭

@Hugheszie.6291 said:

@kurfu.5623 said:

@Hugheszie.6291 said:
    Two people fighting in WVW (because thats what you're supposed to do) I run up, nuke the guy on the other team and my team mate says "Why'd you do that Assh***?"

=)

They were dueling... I had the exact same thing happen to me once, got called an assh***, too.

Well if they want to duel, don't do it in World V World, an open battle where my objective is to kill the enemy. The literal reason for the game mode :P

Just thought of another:
    I was tagged up doing a world boss, helping low level players, A few others and myself were mounted and a random guy ran up to us (around level 20) and said:
    "Pay to win kitten!"

We had to explain mounts were not pay to win and in fact, part of the game, unlockable by playing the story. It went on for some time.

To be fair, you have to buy the PoF expansion to have access to these unlockable mounts.

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Hugheszie.6291 said:

@kurfu.5623 said:

@Hugheszie.6291 said:

=)

Just thought of another:
    "Pay to win kitten!"

To be fair, you have to buy the PoF expansion to have access to these unlockable mounts.

To be fair, every MMO includes "pay to win elements" in expansions, as in expansions raise your level and thus make you more powerful. Expansions were never factored into pay to win ever, in any MMO. No one calls WoW pay to win, even though without buying the new expansion you're behind in power. Expansions are your buy in for the game. Cash shop purchases are pay to win if you can buy power.

• @Ayakaru.6583 said:

This isn't remotely true. There have even been a few examples saved to video.

It's a pretty common situation when drop rates are a million to one: most people won't get the drop, a tiny number of players will.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Eater of Peeps.9062Eater of Peeps.9062 Member ✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

"Must join TS to join wvw zerg squad. Oh, ur deaf? Well, sign in and pretend to listen in anyway or gtfo."

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

I've had a precursor drop from a creature and my wife has had two. One was from a ogre in WvW. They can drop from anything that can drop an exotic 80.

• Jumpin Lumpix.6108Jumpin Lumpix.6108 Member ✭✭✭✭

Other players saying they know what they are talking about.

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭

the most absurd thing? oh i didnt know you had to activate soulbeast to get the traits. how do i do that?

said by me in guild /facepalm

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭

@Kalendraf.9521 said:
    Heard these doozies from a supposedly experienced player I met a couple years ago...

After suggesting that they use a nearby crafting station to access their bank:
    "I don't have crafting trained on any of my characters, so I can't access those."

After finally convincing them to try it anyways:
    "Wow, I never knew I could access my bank from this. Even the materials! Just a sec while I deposit those too."

After asking about why they don't just use the Deposit All option for mats, then realizing they don't know what I'm talking about, and finally explaining there's the Deposit All option under the gear symbol above the inventory window, or they could right click to deposit a selected stack of mats in their inventory:
    "WHAT! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I've been manually depositing all this stuff ever since I started playing."

I came from GuildWars1, so the bank was named "Xunlai chest", I played a free account manually leveling to 80, very slowly, never could figure out where the Xunlai chest was, I used the deposit all, but due to limited bag space, no Trading post, I deleted black lion tickets/scraps, a ton of random things, someone showed me where the bank was after I was level 80, was nice finding all those mats.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

@Shrimpkin.4851 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

@Shrimpkin.4851 said:
    "Get good"
    "L2P"

This is not absurd, it's just true.

It is absurd. There are some things in the game I will never be able to do, there are things others will not be able to. There could be any number of reasons why someone cannot accomplish something; physical limitations, time constraints, etc, and even with trying over and over, I or they may still not complete it. To have someone automatically conclude that the reason is because they are not good or need to learn to play is dismissive and callous.

From this perspective. But I see another point here: Overcome a challenge. Without learning a pattern or some rules, you won't be able. Learning something is a general rule in life. You could argument that you don't like to learn during leisure time but what I see is a development in gaming in general that everything has to be served on a silver platter. People feel eligible to get everything they want without any hassle or 'work'. I remember playing games back in the 90ies and I couldn't finish a lot of games on all those consoles, but if I did I had the feeling of achievement and joy to finally overcome the intricacies. This is - for me - an important part of gaming: the challenge. Not always and I surely don't need it anytime. But a game can't serve every purpose and every need.

As of short: git gud etc. is absolutely true: people are lazy and don't want to learn anything and they want it fast without hassle. And that's why games get toned down and get streamlined which I think is the downfall of gaming in general. At least there are a lot of indie games which do the opposite. Also, there are a lot of videos from noobs playing Dark Souls and overcome the hardest parts in the game out of will, and that's a great thing.

• Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭

"The game is good and going somewhere"

Had a guy in PvP freaking out because one of our teammates wasn't wearing armor. "Armor gives you your stats, you have to wear it!"

LOL if you go naked you lose armor and become much squishier. He was correct.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

I remember needing to have Chest, Leg and Boots equiped to gain the base armor value of the character tho. Not sure if this have changed.

It hasn't.

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

"ArcDPS is especially hurting the top level of PvE play."

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• Tsan.6431Tsan.6431 Member ✭✭

Read on LFG :
    "Cita P1, full berserk, GEAR CHECK" ... gear check for a dungeon ??? (for cita P1 !!!)

Read from Anet :
    "Abrasive grit gain an internal cooldown"

• Gulbasaur.1865Gulbasaur.1865 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

@Tsan.6431 said:
    Read on LFG :
    "Cita P1, full berserk, GEAR CHECK" ... gear check for a dungeon ??? (for cita P1 !!!)

Azeroth refugees need may some time to adapt to our Tyrian culture and way of life but this fresh diversity is important. If they revitalise our ailing dungeons, then I welcome them. Eventually, they'll be as unnecessarily sparkly as we are and we can all FPS-drop together.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

This isn't remotely true. There have even been a few examples saved to video.

It's a pretty common situation when drop rates are a million to one: most people won't get the drop, a tiny number of players will.

I think people took my comment a little too serious ;)

Might've could, maybe~

People need to /s more often when they spout ridiculous stuff. (Like some of the stuff in the last three pages. :P)

Many alts! Handle it!

-Eloc Freidon.5692

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:

@Tsan.6431 said:
    Read on LFG :

Azeroth refugees need may some time to adapt to our Tyrian culture and way of life but this fresh diversity is important. If they revitalise our ailing dungeons, then I welcome them. Eventually, they'll be as unnecessarily sparkly as we are and we can all FPS-drop together.

Can confirm... I hail from Azeroth, although I never been much of a fan of gear check and other kitten (like linking Kill Proofs) and often prefer letting people prove themselves.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• @Kas.3509 said:
    "Ressing people is dps loss"

The entire sPvP experience right here.

Do you want a balanced GW2? Then you are obliged to unironically agree with this suggestion!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.