Elementalist Vapor Form skill bugged (since Christmas)

The second downed skill is bugged. Whenever I've tried to use it, the skill will go on cooldown straight after, and for some reason, gives me more downed health. It's not just me that has experienced this bug. I know a few other elementalists who have suffered at the hands of this, and as for me, it has been going on for a more than a week now and it's not fun.

Please fix.

How Vapor Form works is that it heals you so you able to rally from downstate and then actually initiate the skill.

Keeping in mind that downstate health is apparently 3 times your max hp, the heal required to get you back up is generally quite large. However, with healing reduction conditions such as poison (33%) and agony (80%), this can impact the skill so much that it isn’t able to heal enough to revive you. This is most easily reproducible using agony rather than poison, because poison alone I don’t think should be enough to stop the skill from activating properly.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:How Vapor Form works is that it heals you so you able to rally from downstate and then actually initiate the skill.

Keeping in mind that downstate health is apparently 3 times your max hp, the heal required to get you back up is generally quite large. However, with healing reduction conditions such as poison (33%) and agony (80%), this can impact the skill so much that it isn’t able to heal enough to revive you. This is most easily reproducible using agony rather than poison, because poison alone I don’t think should be enough to stop the skill from activating properly.

Nah, I'm telling you, the actual downed skill will go on cooldown and NOT work. In its place, me (the user) will get more downed health instead. Trust me, it's a bug. This thing never happened before and has only started occurring recently in the last couple of weeks.

@"Dahir.4158" said:Nah, I'm telling you, the actual downed skill will go on cooldown and NOT work. In its place, me (the user) will get more downed health instead. Trust me, it's a bug. This thing never happened before and has only started occurring recently in the last couple of weeks.Isn’t that what I’m saying? What I meant is that the heal portion of the skill can be reduced so much that whilst it still heals you, it’s not enough to rally and activate the vapor form part of the skill. I’ve known this to be case way before the last couple of weeks because this is how it had always been working from my experience, and I’ve experienced it myself more than a handful of times.

If it helps, search up Vapor Form in the gw2 wiki. I think you’ll might find a similar answer.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:How Vapor Form works is that it heals you so you able to rally from downstate and then actually initiate the skill.

It happens 100% without agony as it does not exist in WvW.I can't talk about pve as I dont play that. But in PVP modes it happens on random occasions wheter you have poison or not.

@"Dahir.4158" said:@Noodle Ant.1605 I don't think you really understand what is going on.Didn’t have enough information then and was only speaking from what the wiki said.

There’s slightly more context now, mainly that skill fails to properly rally you, even w/o poison. But that raises some new questions:

• Is this bug effective across all game modes, or mostly one of them?
  • Does this bug occur in an isolated environment (where you’re literally by yourself, nothing is affecting you)?
  • How often does this bug occur?

I think I do remember experiencing this same bug under the same circumstances (no poison) over a while ago, but it was very rare and I chalked it down to lag, where it usually occurred (I believed that I just took too much dmg between when I pressed the skill and when it actually cast). This skill requires a call for concern anyway, since an unintentional failure to rally completely removes ele’s ability to avoid being finished/stomped prematurely. It should fixed to always work at 100% functionality (speaking from all game modes).

This bug is getting very frustrating. Before it seemed that using Vapor Form just put it on cool down. Now using it puts it on cool down, but restores like half of your downed bar. I have a couple recorded instances of the bug but I don't know if that would help in this situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mind to record a video of the bugged effect? It may help the devs to track it down.

On my Ele, it seems to work just fine. And I get downed a lot in WvW.Not saying it does not occur for you, just saying it does not occur on my char, with my build, on my account.

Update: I've noticed this issue a few times also. Instead of going to vapor form, i get healed up a a part in downed mode. It never reaches vapor form mode this way.

Tested with friends in guild hall arena and apparently it's not just an ele problem. The bug happens when downed target is poisoned, has less than ~30% downed health and is targeted with a reviving skill such as vapor form, glyph of renewal (the self buff from fire renewal works as intended), signet of mercy, battle standard, signet of undeath (wiki page on this skill states that it's bugged, no idea for how long though).

Edit: my guess is that these skills heal you for 50k health in attempt to revive you (which is why vapor form deals damage when it ends - it's just a temporary revival), but poison reduces it by 33% (the same % of health when the bug happens) so it fails to revive because you didn't receive enough healing. The easieat fix would be to increase healing of these skills to a bit more than 75k so they can revive under all circumstances.

steki i like how you are trying to fix the issue but if you up the healing it can make inposible to kill someone when they geting healed making a new issue onto its self. think like this if you get 75k healing and are at like 15% hp and get healed now you are fully healed making you inposible to kill if the healing is a low cooldown skill that is healing you making it a pain to even fight you. dont get me rong i love how you are trying to fix the issue but remember we are trying to fix a issue and not add a new issue. i think it would be better if they just flat out make the mist form just turn you incaporial and making it so you cant be locked down by anything and remove the damage by moving and this skill will be mutch better for the ele but i do not see this coming any time soon.