Tier 4 Armor- We need more cultural armors. Here is why.

I for one am not opposed to races or classes having their own armor set. It helps with some individuality and design. Take Charr for example and Norn; Alot of the armors are over stretched and ignore Charr features- for Norn, stiff and overstretched armors as well.
You want to know what's not stiff or overstretched? Cultural Armors. Almost all of the Racial based armors look amazing because it was designed specifically for them! The only exception being the Charr Tier 3 Cultural light armor, the robe still clips through the charr tail.I've always wanted more cultural based armor or outfits, much like the wedding outfit and how it looks different on each race.Tier 4 cultural armors would give players a larger pool to play with when it comes to unique and not-as-many shared designs. Do I seem bothered by having a mesmer wear the exact same armor my necromancer is? Kind of. I would love more profession based armors as well, but in due time.

Tell me why you would or would not want a Tier 4 cultural armor.

Preferably with a more varied look than what we currently have. Kormir knows I can't find armor with enough cultural flavor for my human necro that doesn't look like it's made of plastic or heavy metal that looks like it prevents proper movement. I have just been having her boobs hang out of her inquest top...

It's been pointed out before that they could easily make multiple cultural outfits, that works like the wedding outfit, for the NPC armor you already see around the cultural cities. It's already there, and there is a need and demand for cultural armors.

I like armor too for the mix and match, and only have 3 sets + 1 dungeon set for cultural looks is getting old after 6 years. I understand the difficulties of making 5 races and 3 weights and sometimes 2 genders. Cultural armor is the armor type I use the most. So I would want to see it, but considering how they've moved away from armor skins, the daunting task makes me think it won't happen, no matter how much I wish it to.

But the outfits? Of multiple pre-existing looks that already match the racial bodies? And already have gendered versions? Why isn't this a thing already... T_T

• 7 months later...

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Far easier to design one set of armor and "stretch" it to 5 races than it would be to design 5 unique sets of armor.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just underlining a possible reason for why they haven't released additional tiers.

Also they wouldn't be a part of the gem shop.

I'm surprised I didn't respond to this thread the first time around. Yes to more cultural armour! In fact, there's tons of cultural armour/outfits (in fact, they seem to be light armour) worn by NPCs that I really wish we could get - especially the norn shaman robes.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:I prefer more armor skins that everyone can use over armor skins available only to specific races.

I don't think that would necessarily be the case. Yes, the sets that are officially labelled "cultural" can only be used by one race -- but, for example, the Elonian, Spearmarshal and Funerary armour sets are effectively human cultural armour that can be worn by any race. (Some of the Dungeon sets sort of are as well, although they do seem to have been designed for humans and then fit to other races afterwards.)

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I'm surprised I didn't respond to this thread the first time around. Yes to more cultural armour! In fact, there's tons of cultural armour/outfits (in fact, they seem to be light armour) worn by NPCs that I really wish we could get - especially the norn shaman robes.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:I prefer more armor skins that everyone can use over armor skins available only to specific races.

I don't think that would necessarily be the case. Yes, the sets that are officially labelled "cultural" can only be used by one race -- but, for example, the Elonian, Spearmarshal and Funerary armour sets are effectively human cultural armour that can be worn by any race. (Some of the Dungeon sets sort of are as well, although they do seem to have been designed for humans and then fit to other races afterwards.)

Except the OP was suggesting something different than that.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I'm surprised I didn't respond to this thread the first time around. Yes to more cultural armour! In fact, there's tons of cultural armour/outfits (in fact, they seem to be light armour) worn by NPCs that I really wish we could get - especially the norn shaman robes.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I prefer more armor skins that everyone can use over armor skins available only to specific races.

Except the OP was suggesting something different than that.

Yes, I realise that. I think your objection is a reasonable one, and I expect it's one of the reasons why we haven't had any new cultural armour since launch.

Personally I don't prefer armour skins that everyone can use, though, for much the same reasons as the OP. The result is usually armour that looks fine on humans, but has issues on the other races. Sometimes those issues are so severe that you can't really use the skins on every race (and even when you can, your character often looks like they're going to a fancy dress party dressed as a human). But I think, given the inevitable complaints if ANet released more race-specific armour, if they did release new cultural armour it would actually be usable by all races - but hopefully designed primarily for the culturally-appropriate one.

Tier 4 would be ascended - I guess. How is the usual policy on ascended gear? I think only account-bound and via crafting or some vendors that sell for laurels + gold? Should be similar here as well then. (I mean: Vendor for example could sell expensive crafing component to which you add your other usual stuff needed in ascended - to craft it and unlock the skin.)

@hugo.4705 said:For T4, why not double of the prices from T3, so 24g for the cheap piece and 60g for the more expensive one.

238g in total for a set. Should be cool at that cost.

^^ I dont know how you people make gold like that. I am never more than 150/170 gold and that gets eaten up rather fast when i have to swap runes buy food and utility , or change my weapons,cost to just play, and the measly copper or silver you get for selling stuff goes as fast as you get it. I cant even afford cultural armor and you game tycoons want to raise the prices. Many of people that play are like me, they dont have reserves of gold, they dont buy shiny outfits and frivolous stuff from the store. We will buy some mount skins or glider skins then the rest is all account utility. The more i play this game the less i see its for me, i made a big mistake buying hot and pof, i should have recognized this game is all about shop tactics, ingame play is rather boring.

@Luthan.5236 said:Tier 4 would be ascended - I guess. How is the usual policy on ascended gear? I think only account-bound and via crafting or some vendors that sell for laurels + gold? Should be similar here as well then. (I mean: Vendor for example could sell expensive crafing component to which you add your other usual stuff needed in ascended - to craft it and unlock the skin.)

Could just be exotic. T3 cultural is level 80 rare already.

And I'd like to see all the cultural stuff cost Karma instead of gold, like the weapons.

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@hugo.4705 said:For T4, why not double of the prices from T3, so 24g for the cheap piece and 60g for the more expensive one.

238g in total for a set. Should be cool at that cost.

^^ I dont know how you people make gold like that. I am never more than 150/170 gold and that gets eaten up rather fast when i have to swap runes buy food and utility , or change my weapons,cost to just play, and the measly copper or silver you get for selling stuff goes as fast as you get it. I cant even afford cultural armor and you game tycoons want to raise the prices. Many of people that play are like me, they dont have reserves of gold, they dont buy shiny outfits and frivolous stuff from the store. We will buy some mount skins or glider skins then the rest is all account utility. The more i play this game the less i see its for me, i made a big mistake buying hot and pof, i should have recognized this game is all about shop tactics, ingame play is rather boring.

I was exactly the same as you at the start 6y ago. ^^ never more than 10g in my wallet. But since I've learned how to make more:2g per day for dailies4-6g per day by farming ressources mount maelstrom4-10g per day using volztile magic at vendors....4-12g if fractals even t1/2 dailies + recs.......++ bonus if you sell login mystic coins/convert laurels

Currently have 800 gems. But it's my stock gold.