Official Feedback Thread: LWS4 Episode 5: All or Nothing

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi,

Please share your high-level feedback about Episode 5 of Living World Season 4: All or Nothing. Posting a synopsis here would be appreciated, maybe around 50 or 100 words or so?

Bug reports can go into a Bug Report Thread specifically intended for the reports of any issues or bugs. It is posted in the Bugs Subforum and linked in the previous sentence.

I liked the new content. Gorgeous map, liked the music.... Story feels a bit short. That ending O.o. No lag/crash/big errors seen this release. Only bug I found in story is that at Scion and Champion, the "begin the 3rd trial" text got flagged back to a star instead of a complete at some point (this didn't halt the progress tho).

As for the oil thing mentioned above. It seems that you can only lay x amount of spills per oil bucket so you have to keep path as short as possible else you either don't have enough or you're not in time before they fade.

I like the slippery oil feature :)

Mapwise, I feel the meta needs some attunement. I have seen it fail a couple of times today (partly not enough players), and we are at day 2. Map will become less populated over time (I am already stuck at rift event in Jahai for collection simply because theres no other players doing it).

My sincerest congratulations to the writing team for the dialogue in this chapter. While I have not yet finished the story, the interactions with a lot of the NPCs seem a lot more robust; not the robotic sounding voice-overs I had experienced from before. The rendered cutscenes so far have made my heart skip a bit, especially the one in the Keep.

Amazing map! Makes me wish for a whole season to give us all of Deldrimor :D

Between unclear articles and the level of the story in this ep, it's very unclear if this is the last episode or not - and you're gonna leave us with that cliffhanger for 2-3 months?! D:

@Fenom.9457 said:Amazing map! Makes me wish for a whole season to give us all of Deldrimor :D

Between unclear articles and the level of the story in this ep, it's very unclear if this is the last episode or not - and you're gonna leave us with that cliffhanger for 2-3 months?! D:

Yep.

A handful of glitchy bits in the last story instance where I got trapped due to going the wrong way at the wrong time, but overall this is quite a nice chapter. Going to need something big to make up for that ending next episode though!

So I won't straight out say what happened, but still BIG BOI SPOILER TAG!!!

BELOW ARE SPOILERS FOR E5 STORY (GO PLAY IT FIRST, ITS RLY GUD)

Last warning

! Ok so, my heart is broken... aaand I geninely felt true despair the second I saw the crystal wave hit me and Aurene.! I am currently trying not to start crying and thinking of a way to cope with what just happened.!! BUT! Despite all my current sadness and sorrow I really loved the episode. It had a strong start not wasting much time, throwing us right into the story's center with Glint's Trials which I really enjoyed. The bond between You (the player) and Aurene (and Caithe but that's not important for my point) got really strong in this episode and for a reason. It was, amazing. For the first time I didn't think of Aurene as a friend but as real family (I like to role-play my character, but the feels were a bit more real this time around) and seeing... well the ending crushed me internally. The fight before that though... my god! I turned on the volume to god damn maximum and ignored everything around me, everything was revolving around the moments in game and around killing Kralkatorrik. The Crystal resonance making everything go silent and the choir shining through to your ears was an amazing design choice and really gave the BOOMS true power. It was a bit annoying how the mobs didn't want to really walk into the crystal charging circles from time to time and that the Dragonblood spears (containers) were very few and far apart, but besides that I'd give the bloody fight a 10/10. Now a 10/10 doesn't mean it's perfect, nothing is. But internally, I think that it deservers a 10 becouse a 9 just becouse of the small annoyances doesn't fell right.!! Besides the EPIC ending I could go on and on about (and I plan to when my friends play through the episode), the mid part of the episode was kinda classic ol' gather a few a these and a few a those. Of course that doesn't mean it was bad. I loved it and not a single moment did I feel bored. The new location looks amazing and it being a giant vertical mountain is great for gryphon riders + I basically went ''Holy ***!'' every time I realised the map was even bigger and prettier. And the game even made me slightly change my opinion on the Dredge. I really, REALLY hate the dredge in the core game, they are annoying, have stupid no hit shields and I'd just like to throw them all into the Mad Realm. But, this episode surprised me, and even though at first I was hating the dredge, my hatred (at least for the friendly ones) has subdued now.!! All in all, a great episode, even though I'm really mentally on the edge from it.! I can't wait what the hell ANet's peeps are gonna come up with for the next EP.!! And as a last point I'd like to make. I'd love to thank everyone who helped make this episode become reality and commend the people who made the story decision to not give us a happy ending (at least right away), the people who made the amazing looking Glint's Lair and ''Stormhead Mountains'' (I still need to read the name a few times to remember it properly) and again EVERYONE else who helped either directly or indirectly, like bringing the coffee to someone who worked on E5.!! YOU ALL DID VERY VERY GUD!!! also I just realised I wrote ''God kitten maximum'' , I have no idea how that got there but it's staying there! *oh it's a filter... damn that's cute

So, rapidly, map = 8/10, story = 9/10, mechanics = 5/10 (Glint lair ruined the whole thing), encounters design and bosses = 10/10 :)So LS4E5 = 8/10

Short version:

! Short feedback:! (Seriously, that map is a master piece, I'm happy that she is located between ruins field and labyrinthine cliffs, that way we had a beautiful Ruins-Snowy mountains-Cold beaches map which looks gorgeous. Happy to see that rifts happens here too. Good idea the dredges, long time I haven't seen them!! What I liked the most is all that dwarven ruins they are stunning and look very cool.! The story is well made, and I haven't found any difficulties/hard to do fights everything is great, well designed instances. All the steps just link perfectly, and plz, that final fight with Kralk was unbelievable: I mean the mechanics, the cannons, smashing his poor eye.... )! Also wanted to add some bonus points for little touches:! -An Inquest warehouse security golem can be seen during the fight against kralk with the description "carrying codes" haha!! -All allies were there: Olmakhans, awakened, pact... You even brought back those branded centaurs during the fight again well done.! -So no news about Blish but I guess he is dead. But who knows? Maybe returning later with enhancing powers? A joke, I'm perfectly fine if he is really dead.! -Thanks again for the dredges, their houses look net. :D! -Thanks for those corsairs quest with zephyrite + Corsair airship. I dunno if the use of the aetherblade airship is intentional or not, but my guesses are that the ancient aetherblades became simple pirates but still traveling with airships.! -Dragonblood weapons are beautiful. Thanks. :+1:!PS, thx the cinematics was awesome, haven't any issues.!All that caves remembered me Undertale and Deltarune.

Long version

!Long feedback:!Story: as always, a very annoying glint lair, that place should be renamed HELL, the first trial was too hard, lose health every second for no reasons.!Dredge part was okay apart the barrels, but when I figured I can pass through the fence it was okay.!Last fight took a serious time to charge crystals because I haven't discovered that you can throw branded shards at crystals.Should have a tutorial/indications same for northern meta players are lost and don't know to charge crystals.!Map: Mostly a issue with density of allies/foes.!Airships are empty without any assets/allies in.!Dwarven catacombs are empty, not a challenge at all and the mastery point can be accessed from outside with griffon, no point to do it. Pretty plz add foes, shades/aatxe and skelks are a good deal. Same with coloured plates room, need more dwarven ghosts since the guy said "ghosts are stealing plates", only ghost dredges.!Last note: Quests vendors sell garbage, no usefull tonic, item or dunno dredge themed thing.

Note all my words, it's very VERY VERY rare that I don't find any major complains or defaults. Great jobs to the team who designed that map, who designed the fights and story steps, GZ gratz to you, here is my feedback. :D

Definitely a map where I want to return later. But only for landscape. Awful dwarven plates rooms (green and purple poi locked)Also I loved that zephyrites flute thingy, can you release it as a free instrument uou sell at vendors for 200k karma / as an achievment reward? Like you done with the chairs achievment giving chair when completed.

Plz more lore! More interactable npcs with an "talk option"! I need my dose of lore! D:

Here is my current classment about LS4:Sandswept>Jahai>Thunderhead>Istan>KournaThunderhead isn't last due to the beauty of the map, but still not first due to lack of living beings/lore.

Decent ending, adding something else would ruin the emotions.

Something happened to the Racing Scarf. It is all too shiny and it lost on colors :(

Anyway, Feedback on Episode:PERFECTION!!!

I am getting lots of GW1 vibes, the story had really heavy moments which made me cry and I have to thank you for delivering such an amazing story! It's the best one yet and it keeps getting better and better. Thank you!On top of that, music is pure perfection!!! Music is spot on, keep up the fantastic work and please send all my thanks to the artists!

P.S. It's so great revisiting Thunderhead Keep! <3

• gestures wildly in a state of uneasy surprise*

! I was sure Braham or Taimi would offer themselves up in a noble sacrifice kind of thing. Taimi's health was getting worse and Braham was being built up.!! It totally caught me off guard. I never really liked Aurene... I thought she'd be some Deus ex Machina thing. I was wrong. I was shocked I was sad. Kudos to your writers. First drink is on me when I visit you in Hell. Really excellent story development. LS4 has been some of the best storytelling so far and the interactive cutscene walk at the end was a very effective piece of pacing.

Also, the diviner insignia is horrifyingly expensive, time-wise.

are ya'll trying to give players seizures??? yet again i cant play through an area because of the pulsing lights,,could you at least give us the option of turning the flashing off,,and yes i have everything so low that stuff likes like cardboard pictures, this is getting very annoying half the time during these i cant see the artwork because the migraine inducing flash,really its getting to be every episode,i don't even have epilepsy(that i know of) what i saw of the LStory was awesome. & now im not even sure i feel like doing dailies. i don't want to play the game on low graphics all the time but now even that doesn't help.

Very nice map.Very short story but since the shortness is probably because the set-piece fights are not drawn out to make everything last forever that's probably a good thing. I'd certainly rather have a short story that isn't a miserable slog.Bleak ending. And I mean seriously bleak. I was expecting bad news but not that bad.

All the rest, Fractals, Epic Weapon etc, not interested in and will never use so no comment.

We go to an anouncement of Expansion #3 next, right? Or is there one more episode?