You encounter a 1v1 (enemy vs server mate) anywhere on the map, what do you do?

Prinzsecond.4863

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different scenarios elicit a different response from me tbh, and a lot depends on my mood.

These are the various scenarios and my choice of action.

If I am in a bad mood:

• If there are players watching, meaning its likely a duel, I stand aside and watch until the enemy gets downed. Then I rush in and finish him off before trying to run off myself as the players watching start to chase and boo me.
  • If both fighters are alone, meaning it could be a duel or a real death-match, I rush in when the enemy is low and finish him off. I wait till the enemy is low because in case it turns out to be a duel and my server mate backs off and leaves me to die, I can be fairly certain I will still kill the enemy.

If I am in a good mood:

• If there are players watching, meaning its likely a duel, I stand aside and cheer them on.
  • If both fighters are alone, meaning it could be a duel or a real death-match, I do not help until I see the enemy preparing to stomp my server mate (assuming the enemy wins)

If I need to refresh my pips:

• I will find the best time to enter the fight and help finish off the opponent regardless of scenarios.

As has been said it's entirely situational and impossible to make a general statement.

Personally, if the ally is winning I tend to let them do it, unless a second enemy joins.

If the ally is losing and it's clearly not a duel, I'll step in - but depends on the enemy behaviour - if they run or behave in a "friendly" manner I'll respond in kind and let them go (ie they won vs the ally) so will just res. If they continue to attack will go for the kill.

But it depends on so many other factors - ie recognising players, against certain classes (eg won't be lenient on a deadeye as could easily come back), location/objective, third server nearby, etc.

Usually, I just sit and watch. Whether it's an actual dual or fight to the death, my interrupting won't help things especially in the case of the latter. Sure, I could help to kill the enemy but that's not what I mean.

1v1s are a part of WvW, whether you look for them or not. I figure that the less I get involved, the more my server mate will learn and potentially improve upon for the next time around.

I don't expect everyone to become top tier roamers but as long as you're in Open World PvP, you're gonna be put in 1v1 situations. So it's better for people to learn how to handle them rather than constantly being helped to success.

Cool, ty for your Responses. I am Aware that it was discussed over and over, I am also not interested in arguments, just wanted some statistics as I couldn't find similar polls with searching, but maybe I was too stupid or did not search enough.

Fat Disgrace, your answer reflects basically #2, with the Addition that if he doesn't come "near you" or any sentry you won't help.

Help if he is losing, no help, if he is winning. Except on duelling spots.

When I have a 1vs1, and another player from my server is approaching, I recklessly go full offense, to make sure, the enemy cannot escape. If I get downed because of that, no prob, but from time to time, i realize, that that guy from my server just refused to jump in, and so, I get killed :#

I look for some of the obvious tells. If there’s a crowd watching, it’s a duel. If they stop fighting and bow, or jump up and down, it’s a duel, and I keep going. If I can’t conclusively tell it’s a duel, I will +1.

I still think Anet is missing out on some gem sales by not putting a Duelist Tag in the store.

If your 1v2 expect I'll drop bombs, but 1v1 I'll let you 2 enjoy your fight, likewise if I see 2 enemies beating up 1 other enemy I'll line up a good strike on the 2 or pull one of them over to me. Take the time to enjoy your 1v1's that's how you learn and get better, most often enemies like to outnumber people, and it isn't fun except rare cases.Remember enemies are people too, though some do need a good killing.There's nothing wrong with losing, and no one wins them all.Respect your enemy if you want them to continue playing with you.

Usually I watch out the fight and see how it goes, I don't like to interfere with a 1vs1 happening.Even tho WvW it's not a 1vs1 gamemode and it's warzone, people having random 1vs1s around the map will become better at the game and better roamers.If you interfere and make it a 2vs1 you will just become a worse player, even a blind monkey can make a 2vs1, and if in future you will find yourself in a 1vs1 you will be at disadvantage because you are used to be a trash outnumbering ganker.

I interfere only if the fight happens inside a camp, or tower to prevent or capture an objective.Or I interfere if the enemy guy I see was toxic in whisper with me.

In all the other cases, around the map I ignore every single 1vs1 I see and let them have fun and try to ress if my server mate loses.

There is no good or bad thing to do, it's just about personal preference how you wanna play the game, personally I don't like being a trash ganker who chase 1 guy 10vs1 for minutes around the map just to get the kill, if you play in a group of 2 or more people go fucking get objective and don't be a pussy who gank every single guy alone.

I always let a 1v1 take it's course. I don't care if they want help or not because I'm not obligated to do anything. If I'm having a 1v1 or if I'm being ganked, I never expect help and I feel others should think the same. The sooner you know you only have yourself to depend on the harder you'll fight and the better you'll feel if you succeed. Team game or not, the death of one player whether enemy or ally makes very little difference. If people want to outnumber every chance they get, by all means, it's how most people play. If some of us like myself prefer not to, the only thing it risks damaging is an ego.

Maybe my perspective is a little strange but I don't have any negative intentions when I stand by and watch. I'm not doing it to watch my teammate struggle or something, I just think it's more polite to let them enjoy the intensity of their fight. If my ally hates me for it, so be it. I've found it's better to gain the favor of enemies than it is allies anyway.

I never kno these days. Other night saw an ally chasing someone down so I joined him, we fought the opponent but ally was downed after couple seconds and I figured Rezing him would be a mistake so I kept fighting opponent. Just before I downed opponent my ally wrote idiot in chat bubble and respawned himself before I could Rez