[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Give players an option to disable interaction with other players' Mesmer portals and novelty items when not in the same squad. Another option is to prevent players from placing these on loot chests. Currently, there are too many pathetic trolls that try to annoy players by setting these on loot chests in HoT metas.

@BlueJin.4127 said:Give players an option to disable interaction with other players' Mesmer portals and novelty items when not in the same squad. Another option is to prevent players from placing these on loot chests. Currently, there are too many pathetic trolls that try to annoy players by setting these on loot chests in HoT metas.

There are also trolls putting guild banners on chests, perm nodes, NPC's necessary for collections and have time limits, etc...It would be awesome if you could select to disable player created interact able items.

@"DoggySpew.4529" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64950/guild-wars-2-ui-disappearing-option#latestI have an idea posted for disappearing and re-appearing UI. The idea is that if you are out of combat, the UI disappears automatically. With an optional "compass" remaining for navigation as an option.

If this is happening, please have it as an option. I want my ui up all the time.

The ability to lower Renown Heart priority in the content guide or to display them in parallel to other exploration features.Nothing is more annoying than hitting 98% map complete and having to backtrack across the map because you missed a PoI you passed near enough for a deadeye to shoot because the renown heart tracker prioritised holding back the insurrectionists 3-4 zones over.

Also, also - maybe an option not to have repeatable things stop reappearing at all once youve done them the first time? Like some sort of 'im working on map complete today' mode.

Recently my gpu died, and I'm playing on internal gpu while I wait for RMA, currently with no sound because no HDMI.Pve is manageable only slightly less efficient without sound q'sI mostly PvP/wvw though and with the current state of one shot bursts from stealth having sound q's are half the fight, caltrops and mesmer animations are telling, you know what style of tactics your going to need, roughly prepare to dodge.My suggestion is in sound options you have a check box to disable sounds so only deaf can benefit from it, and it add class colored arrow to the edge of your screen when specific audible skills are cast within a hearable range for friend/enemy alike as is roughly the benefit to having sound.

Recently bought Endless branded tonic, and endless animal tonic and was wondering after clicking 1 million time without finding sylvian pup:Can we choose what we want to transform to instead of using that change transform button that give me in 70% of the cases the same transformation? :)Also would be nice since we are focusing on kralk currently to add more branded to that tonic like branded centaurs, riftstalker, awakened? I have a lot of fun with it, running around in DR as a branded griffon/ wyvern. :p Endless animal tonic shouldn't have rarity, just acting like the branded one.

Please add Laurels to the Tyrian Exchange Voucher. They cannot be farmed, and some people are running short of them.

You have decided to make recipes and items gated behind this currency since PoF, so please add additional means to acquire them besides the daily login. OR, alternatively, add a second means of payment to those items and recipes. Thank you.

This suggestion is both QOL and Gem Store related, so I will be posting on both threads.

It would be awesome if when sending a gem purchased gift, if there was an option on the item that would allow you to accept the gem equivalent for your account rather than the item itself. This would (possibly) increase the amount of gifts sent via the gem store. I know I try to only send to one person for whom I have api keys so I know if I am sending something he already has.

I also had a situation where I received a gift of mount licenses and had already unlocked all of the ones for that set. The person who sent the gift and I both had to put in a support ticket to get the original gem purchase revoked, and this could cut down on those types of tickets.

As the gift is mailed immediately, I would think you wouldn't have to worry about someone purchasing at a lower price and then trying to get gems after that item discount has ended. Or, include in the option of accept the gift or accept the equivalent XXXX gems for your account.

Give us more selectable stats for Ornate Guild Armors, please.

I want to experiment with Viper gears. However, since Viper exotic gears are expensive to craft, it would be too costly to make a set per character just to experiment. If Viper stats were added to Ornate Guild Armors, I can at least send the armors between characters of the same armor weight and experiment without spending a fortune.

TLDR: Mentor icon/purpose tutorial for new players.

The Mentor ship is a wonderful tool for helping new players to find their feet, but all too often I see new players run up to me while I am typing or waiting for a question and they interact with me like I am an NPC and when "F" doesn't do anything they continue running on past. When I get some new player who asks why I am on their map and I explain what a Mentor is, they are shocked that the system exists. The Mentor ship system is working fine, but new players just don't know what it is or how to use it. Whispering for advice for instance or even how to whisper.I would hope that some sort of language localized information would be available to the new players describing the original intent of a Mentor. If it is in place; its not working. Please enhance the coverage for this incredibly useful tool for new players.

1. A trader for black lion chest items that you don't need, such as hair kits or bank access. I have the permanent hair kit and getting those out of black lion chests is very disappointing since I have absolutely no use for them. Being able to trade these straight across, even if it's just for a bank access or TP or Merch would be awesome. Another option could be being able to trade say 3-5 of them for a black lion ticket scrap or something.
  2. Would love to see capes added to the game as they were in GW1.
  3. Dogs and other pets (bunnies accepted) for home instance or for Sun's Refuge. Would love to see more things put into Sun's Refuge or even some nodes that are only for that area. Give us a reason to keep going back. Just seen an adorable raccoon running around, could let us get pets from across Tyria to live in our home instances.
  4. Please put the Mystic Chromatic Ooze tonic into the wardrobe! Let it be usable in combat!
  5. Fractal Armor <This would be fun. Wouldn't even have to be legendary.

Also, I have a lot of suggestions for themes of upcoming fractals, but not sure if there is a page for that?

My wish list:

1. Elementalist summons not having a time limit and to be out permanently, like minions or pets.
  2. Even better would be that all classes had the option to have their own version of permanent minions/pets/summons/clones.
  3. Skins for necromancer minions, so we have the option to have something prettier following us around.
  4. Account-wide gathering tool slots.
  5. Account-wide crafting, so all characters can do all the crafts learnt.
  6. More Jeremy Soule music.

It's almost unbelievable that this bug has still not been fixed. I boosted a character to 80 and I have this pop up once per minute. Why? I tried Windfreeze's suggestion to get a mastery point in PoF, did so, and the pop up is still annoying me out of my mind. This is not a hard problem to fix and it certainly speaks volumes about how much anet values their customers.

You have to have a non-full experience bar for it to go away - it is telling you that XP that you are earning is going to waste because you are ready to spend the full XP bar you have, but either you don't have the MP necessary or you haven't bothered spending them. Once you have trained all of a region's masteries to max, you won't ever see it again in that region (except in PoF where they are still adding new masteries and/or new tiers in existing masteries).

To be sure, I agree that the pop-up is way far too enthusiastic. It should, in my opinion, appear immediately when you fill the XP bar (obviously), and the first time after each map change that you get any XP, and no more often than that, maybe less. There's a solid case that it should appear approximately at just these conditions:

• Immediately when you fill the current region's XP bar.
  • The first time after you log in a character that the character earns XP, if the XP is going to waste.

The question that needs more debate is whether it should appear on the first "going-to-waste" XP gain after each map change.

I dunno if it's cool or useless but: An option to reset map completion. Erasing all map completion to allow you with the same character to re-complete everything and re-earn maps completion reward for doing so, would avoid to players to re-create toons just to complete maps.

I would really love an option to disable tool tip text in the settings, me and a rare few other people who rely on skill clicking get large amount of our screen obscured by giant tool tips (they getting longer)

as someone who's played this game since launch with an xbox controller. I would love this feature added. Even a complex game with many buttons can be made more accessible for others players, adding this would help greatly.

Oh also if possible can the ground targeting on skills be made to not cancel when u click a none targetable surface. So I can keep clicking without having to go down the screen, reselect the skill then try again to click the surface that want again. A lot of surfaces have tiny rocks and obstructing all over the place breaking up the nav mesh.

Pretty plz:Light of Deldrimor plates Bottom and Top half should be GUARANTEED drops. It's UNACCEPTABLE to lock 2 Points of interest of the map behind an item that is not even guaranteed to obtain from the meta! IMAGINE players which do both metas and don't loot plates what do they receive? NOTHING. ah excuse me just a bunch of unidentified gears and dragon crystals* 10 golds the key on TP where are we going?!! Make it account bound, let's not disturb the economy anymore.

Simple solution: Add ghosts/shades/skelks in catacombs which drops plates if the drop rate isn't planned to be changed.PS: increase POI detection range in domain of kourna for Research Vault Beta, that way no need to wait for mutated rats event, another annoyance.

QoL Suggestion: Collapse All/ Expand All. I posted this a bit ago and am requesting it again as I feel that strongly about it. When you interact with a crafting station your list of recipes opens up. Let's just call that the recipe book ( I don't know its formal name). I recognize that you can query your list, via the cog at the top, according to various parameters. However, this isn't always intuitive or quickly done. What would be nice to have is a simple "Collapse All" / "Expand All" option. As it is now, each time you move away from the workstation and return, you have to scroll thru the list again. If I am refining a variety of material, for example, I would need to either scroll down or type in the name. Every day when I craft my daily cooldown mats, I have to scroll thru the long list of recipes. If I have a "Collapse All" option, then with a click of a button I could quickly select the Refinement section or the Ectoplasm Refinement section. The cherry on the top of my suggestion would be that the program remembered the last selection made (either collapse or expand). This would make facing the crafting stations a bit less cumbersome.

I'm also experiencing this annoyance.

I was a free player this December 2018 and my husband came back to this game to assist me. I quickly got to 80 with just dungeon assistance because I'm used to MMOs. He then bought Path of Fire and I bought both HoT and PoF before finishing my Personal Story. As soon as I unlocked those, this annoyance popped up. Even when I am crafting, gathering, anything that gives exp... even just walking into a new area, I get the pop up that completely blocks my chats. It's massive and difficult to ignore. I looked through the settings before I googled the issue and found this thread.

I kind of regret buying this now haha. Maybe I should have spent more time as a free player instead of investing money in this game just to get annoyed.