New Legendary Longbow : some additional Pharus effect you might not have noticed — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Legendary Longbow : some additional Pharus effect you might not have noticed

• When you critically hit an enemy with bow attacks, a pillar of light effect will strike the enemy.
    There is not Internal CD.
    There is also a small trail of light that flows from your hand
    Visible at 1 minute.

• Dragon Hunter longbow skill #3 has same animation than other skill, making it harder to dodge/avoid

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I love the draw on this one and it's a shame most people overlook that.

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Will probably be the first legendary I get, I love just about everything about it.

☠ Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured? ☠

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and they never get to try again."

• nativity.3057nativity.3057 Member ✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    I love the draw on this one and it's a shame most people overlook that.

The draw, imo, is the only good part of the new longbow.
    The pillar of light on crit is a nice touch, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to get, especially since I planned on using it on a DH.
    The animations and color looks too similar to the base DH LB ones.

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭

@Arsenic Touch.7960 said:
    Will probably be the first legendary I get, I love just about everything about it.

Yeah me too, im going to try for this one.

• Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:
    Good showcase. I noticed the right hand energy but forgot about it.

A few screenshots I think are helpful:

Pharus's draw animation is actually so tall you can't see the top of it so I was lucky to find another player with the bow who drawed it for me for screenshot. This is how tall it is in a recognizable location for scale. And it scales with character model a bit, too.

Screenshot of the crit effect. The crit effect might be the most over the top aspect of any legendary ever.

It goes up so, so high. It's kind of unbelievable.

Thanks for the screen they are beautiful !
    This legendary is for me really underated

• How do you actually start this Legendary? I've been to Hobbs etc and can't see any option for starting it.

• mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

i NEED this

Twitch | YouTube

Dragonhunter main | Aspiring Herald

@ShaunIOW.1672 said:
    How do you actually start this Legendary? I've been to Hobbs etc and can't see any option for starting it.

You have to buy this from hobbs :
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Exitus

• @mortrialus.3062 said:
    Screenshot of the crit effect. The crit effect might be the most over the top aspect of any legendary ever.

Is there a video out that shows the absurdly gigantic lightning "tower" on crits?
    I wanna see how it looks like when you crit non stop, especially from another players view from the distance, mountain or from the griffon's eye view

• Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

Will probably be the first legendary I get, I love just about everything about it.

Same for me but man it takes some doing. Just the mystic coins and amalgamated gemstones are a huge cost. I need to learn some patience I think lol.

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Same for me but man it takes some doing. Just the mystic coins and amalgamated gemstones are a huge cost. I need to learn some patience I think lol.

Yes, it costed me about 3000 Gold... That's sooo expensive.

• Made it myself and I'm just in love with the visuals.

• I'm actually not too fond of this one. I much prefer Kudzu. The effects are nice (if not kind of blinding), but the appearance of the bow itself is pretty underwhelming to me.

• @Rattengeist.8165 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Is there a video out that shows the absurdly gigantic lightning "tower" on crits?
    I wanna see how it looks like when you crit non stop, especially from another players view from the distance, mountain or from the griffon's eye view

Unless my partner has some setting off that hides it, I think the pillar of light at the target is only visibly to the wielder.

• @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Rattengeist.8165 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Unless my partner has some setting off that hides it, I think the pillar of light at the target is only visibly to the wielder.

Hmpf. Makes sense though. Such a gigantic pillar of light would probably make you an easy to spot target in WvW or simply annoy other players
    Nonetheless, awesome detail!

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Rattengeist.8165 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

This seems unfair. You see other player's unique Frostfang crits. You see incinerator's crits.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• SnowHawk.3615SnowHawk.3615 Member ✭✭✭

if i hadnt been banned and if i mained a character that used longbow - id make it.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Rattengeist.8165 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

This seems unfair. You see other player's unique Frostfang crits. You see incinerator's crits.

There are unique crits for these weapons ??

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Rattengeist.8165 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

A few of them. Incinerator and Frostfang are the only two I know off the top of my head because you can see them.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭

This bow goes with DH so well, and finally a bow not aimed for cabbages, I want it, but I have reskinned kudzu account bound from years ago, and no point deleting a legendary.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Rattengeist.8165 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

A few of them. Incinerator and Frostfang are the only two I know off the top of my head because you can see them.

What is it ? Never noticed... And I got incinerator...

• thehipone.6812thehipone.6812 Member ✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Rattengeist.8165 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Shark spear has unique crits of a chomping ghost shark. Can be fun with the various multi-hit attacks.

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2019

@avey.4201 said:
    This bow goes with DH so well, and finally a bow not aimed for cabbages, I want it, but I have reskinned kudzu account bound from years ago, and no point deleting a legendary.

Make the new bow and reskin the old one..... BOOM 2 Legendaries with the skin you like. Which is perfect, since only builds seem to use it right now.

@thehipone.6812 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Rattengeist.8165 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Shark spear has unique crits of a chomping ghost shark. Can be fun with the various multi-hit attacks.

It's crazy to still discover legendary effect after 6 years of playing, haha

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.