New Legendary Longbow ... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Legendary Longbow ...

And finally after so many months/years, we have a new Legendary Longbow :
https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/videos/323912301545192/
https://facebook.com/GuildWars2/videos/323912301545192/

Opinions? From my, POV looks ugly ... I thought they learn something from the past ...

<1

Comments

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

No idea what you're talking about. I think it looks great, particularly in contrast to most legendaries.

• @Dahkeus.8243 said:
    No idea what you're talking about. I think it looks great, particularly in contrast to most legendaries.

As @InsaneQR.7412 said, is more for Dragonhunter or again female character, than for a ranger ... who suppose to be something more masculine ... we already had Kudzu for a female or sensible/sweet/lovely person ...

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

As @InsaneQR.7412 said, is more for Dragonhunter or again female character, than for a ranger ... who suppose to be something more masculine ... we already had Kudzu for a female or sensible/sweet/lovely person ...

To keep it madculine thwre is C&C as a legy. Its a SB though and only really a condi player thing.
    The leaf of kudzu looks great IMO and isnt that hard of a treekisser weapon.

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

@InsaneQR.7412 said:
    It hits the DH flavor or for white colored warriors.
    But for rangers id still vote for the hippie pewpew toy.

It's definitely a great look for DH. Too bad longbow for DH is in such a terrible state balance-wise.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2018

I like it, it fits well my Warrior, maybe it's a bit too flashy but it's still much more better than Kudzu so I'll go for this new one when it's released.
    Edit: FYI not only DH or rangers use LB, Wars use it too, show a bit of consideration :'(

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Edit: FYI not only DH or rangers use LB, Wars use it too, show a bit of consideration :'(

Agree, still a warrior with white/flashy longbow ... doesn't look so "warrior/martial". Maybe a human warrior with shiny armor, but a Norn or a Charr ...

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaraki.5784 said:

Agree, still a warrior with white/flashy longbow ... doesn't look so "warrior/martial". Maybe a human warrior with shiny armor, but a Norn or a Charr ...

Don't know a Charr but for a Norn it could recall Icy theme maybe.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

And finally after so many months/years, we have a new Legendary Longbow :
    https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/videos/323912301545192/
    https://facebook.com/GuildWars2/videos/323912301545192/

Opinions? From my, POV looks ugly ... I thought they learn something from the past ...

Err, what did I miss? It said "upgradeable weapon set", not "new legendary longbow."

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

Err, what did I miss? It said "upgradeable weapon set", not "new legendary longbow."

There's definitely a new legendary longbow, watch the trailer. Pretty impossible to miss.

I like it better than Kudzu, but not a huge fan of the skin. It seems somewhat more graceful and less visually cluttered than most legendaries turn out to be, but eh. Seems like just another glowing weapon. Maybe I'll warm up to it later.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

There's definitely a new legendary longbow

I watched and already mentioned in the other thread that I missed the info in the video's bottom left corner as I was too busy being in awe over the content. ;)

Well, nothing's as ugly for a longbow as corny Kudzu. :+1: I think this one looks "okay".

@Zaraki.5784 said:
    I like it, it fits well my Warrior, maybe it's a bit too flashy but it's still much more better than Kudzu so I'll go for this new one when it's released.

I did!!!

• Krispera.5087Krispera.5087 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2018

@Lynnie.7213 said:
    [...] sadly i am not satisfied after all the waiting. The new legendary doesn't look bad but certainly doesn't look "legendary", it would be a BLTC skin at most.

Same... I will still make it, but it misses a little more oomph to make it ''legendary''. It's Eureka/Sharur/Claw problem all over again. It doesn't have a flashy aura nor arms aura or body trails. Just footfalls and a 2.0 Chaos Longbow.

At least it's color neutral (white) and will fit with most of dyes/armors.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yay, more glare on the battlefield!!!

That is swell.

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

Looks odinary, but so is Kudzu... :anguished:

• Cyric.7813Cyric.7813 Member ✭✭✭

We done with this bow - bring next

• I like it much more than Kudzu. If I ever get to having a Legendary bow I'd rather have the new one. If I had gotten one and Kudzu was the only choice I would've re-skinned it.

• Lynnie.7213Lynnie.7213 Member ✭✭✭

The only appealing thing to me judging by that video is the projectile, it looks sick. But that alone isn't worth making a legendary weapon. Guess i'll wait to see a full video showing all the effects, auras and stuff.

• @Lynnie.7213 said:
    The only appealing thing to me judging by that video is the projectile, it looks sick. But that alone isn't worth making a legendary weapon. Guess i'll wait to see a full video showing all the effects, auras and stuff.

I was thinking the same. But at the same time, I must have a Legendary Long Bow, I've waited too long for a new legendary skin, and because my main is a ranger and my favorite ranger weapon is LB, I should do it no matter what. Definitely, this one is better than Kudzu.

• Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭✭

Isn't that just a glacial longbow with a 100w bulb?

• @Tinnel.4369 said:
    Isn't that just a glacial longbow with a 100w bulb?

Well, we could say it is ...

• @Dahkeus.8243 said:

Imo it looks kind of bland compared to other legendaries. Idk I'm not all that impressed by it personally. I don't think Kudzu is too amazing either but I still like it more than the new one. But hey at least LB users have 2 options now lol.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

nice, that bow actually looks pretty amazing. Did they modify barrage cast animation for this bow? Looks different in this vid.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Dragonzhunter.8506Dragonzhunter.8506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:
    nice, that bow actually looks pretty amazing. Did they modify barrage cast animation for this bow? Looks different in this vid.

I don't know, we will see for sure :D

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

I don't know, we will see for sure :D

My bad it looks like the DH barrage skill.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Miellyn.6847Miellyn.6847 Member ✭✭✭

There is an ingame-preview now of the new bow. The design is really good actually when you see it ingame.

https://youtu.be/uM375d9dRgk

@Miellyn.6847 , idd , from this video Pharus looks good!!!

@Miellyn.6847 , idd , from this video Pharus looks good!!!

Yeah its kinda simplistic but still good looking. Its a nice fot for warriors and DHs and ppl that dont like the hippie bow.

• ChartFish.1308ChartFish.1308 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

@Justine.6351 said:

They did not modify the barrage animation :( still only rains regular arrows

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Best bow of all time ever, especially that episode when they were in the graveyard and all their weapons got buffed like they were in a T4 fractal meta comp.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

The barrage animation is the same for Kudzu too. And they will not change it. Think of Meteor Shower, if it is used with Nevermore, you don't have a legendary animation, but the same old Meteor Shower animation too. So forget about a change for skill 5 :) .

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

I quite like it. I will never craft it, but it's a very sleek weapon with nice animations/effects.

• ChartFish.1308ChartFish.1308 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

The barrage animation is the same for Kudzu too. And they will not change it. Think of Meteor Shower, if it is used with Nevermore, you don't have a legendary animation, but the same old Meteor Shower animation too. So forget about a change for skill 5 :) .

Yeye but think about it, meteor shower summons meteors, not little auto attack fireballs. Barrage is just arrows. Lots of arrows. From your bow. I feel it would make sense to have it be the same projectile, you feel??
    (I know its same for kudzu and honestly its a crime. And i know they wont change it, but imagine!)

• Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭

@ChartFish.1308 said:

Yeye but think about it, meteor shower summons meteors, not little auto attack fireballs. Barrage is just arrows. Lots of arrows. From your bow. I feel it would make sense to have it be the same projectile, you feel??
    (I know its same for kudzu and honestly its a crime. And i know they wont change it, but imagine!)

So you basically want to become Uryu Ishida from bleach:

As much as I would love this, just because it would allow me to say "Lichtregen!" in a kitten anime voice, it is unlikely to happen. There are many skills which should change with legendary weapons equipped visually, but that would be alot of additional work for riot and could maybe lead to clarity issues when it comes to PvP.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

Also, the elementalist summons a fireball on skill 1, but when he wears Nevermore, that fireball it is transformed into a bird ... In the same way, they could change all meteor shower to birds who fell over the ground/enemy.
    In the same time, we must thanks because I think Longbow on ranger, it is the only Legendary weapon who has an animation for 4 skills :)

I would be more than glad if they will change Barrage too :) , but as @Kodama.6453 said ... do you realize how it will be in sPVP all those animations?

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

@ChartFish.1308 said:

Also, the elementalist summons a fireball on skill 1, but when he wears Nevermore, that fireball it is transformed into a bird ... In the same way, they could change all meteor shower to birds who fell over the ground/enemy.
    In the same time, we must thanks because I think Longbow on ranger, it is the only Legendary weapon who has an animation for 4 skills :)

I would be more than glad if they will change Barrage too :) , but as @Kodama.6453 said ... do you realize how it will be in sPVP all those animations?

I agree, the lack of animation change in barrage really put me off from this legendary weapon. Also there aren't many skills which use the long bow. I think only warrior, DH and Ranger uses this weapon. So those are only 15 different skills to check whom probably would be left in 1 or 2 in need of change (like barrage).

It reminds me to Nevermore, at the beginning that weapon would not any projectile effect when a druid used it. As easy as i thought it would be to change the projectile for astral wisp to a crow.

Either way bringing the ele as an example of lacking animation changes is not a good point. In the case of the eles I need the visual queues with the skills as that way I can know which element is he tuned to. If Anet would change all skills to the legendary weapon it would create a lot of confusion with the Eles as we wouldn't be sure unless we click on the player to check it in the bar.

Still I think it is safe to apply those changes to other classes which have a fix set of skills. If a ranger shoot the barrage you know it's a barrage, being arrows shown on the ground or magic projectiles of light.

Definitely I'd love if some dev would review that skill and if possible adapt it to the legendary weapon. It really would open the SB to some cross RPing with the celestial theme. The ranger could use partially the animation from Hunter's Ward if want it easy swap. Maybe add more arrows to differentiate from the original skill

@anduriell.6280 said:
    Either way bringing the ele as an example of lacking animation changes is not a good point. In the case of the eles I need the visual queues with the skills as that way I can know which element is he tuned to. If Anet would change all skills to the legendary weapon it would create a lot of confusion with the Eles as we wouldn't be sure unless we click on the player to check it in the bar.

It was a very good example. Now you know when Ele is on fire and you know when he use "Meteor Shower" because of animation, right? Ok, and if they changed those meteor intro falling birds, you will not know that it is "Meteor Shower" and he is on fire attunement? Ofc you will, just for few days till you'll get used it will be hard, but after that, when you'll see falling birds you will know that it is ele on fire with a meteor shower. The other skills from water, air, earth, none of them have a falling something from the sky (I mean so many objects in a short period of time).
    But they must work too much to change all skills animation when you wear a Legendary Weapon for every class.
    Anyway, I am ok with those animations for all 4 skills from Pharus, even Kudzu animation is more ... dense, visible ...

• Krispera.5087Krispera.5087 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

Critical hits are Ray of Judgment (Focus 4 Guardian)
    Stow/Unstow/Combat is Holy Strike 2.0 (Staff 2 Guardian)

I made the longbow, but I would call it the epitome of reskin and lack of orginality. The theme is taken from Chaos Longbow already, but fine I'll let it pass.
    Then, when you look at the animations and crits ? It's even more reskinned.

There is nothing original about Pharus.

@Krispera.5087 said:

I made the longbow, but I would call it the epitome of reskin and lack of orginality. The theme is taken from Chaos Longbow already, but fine I'll let it pass.

Do you think Kudzu is better?

• @Krispera.5087 said:

There's not exactly a multitude of ways to do "holy light weapon".

Also seems perfectly fine given that it was probably meant to be a weapon themed for Dragon Hunters to use. "Hippie Jungle Bow" doesn't really work well with the whole Holy Laser Beams Paladin aesthetic.

The third option is we get a fire bow for Berserkers but then people would just complain that it resembles the Fused Longbow too much or w/e.

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭

Also keep in mind you are doing those fancy effects in a RANGER or a warrior which I think it looks really cool. And think how will look a DRUID with that bow.

I don't think we need over the top fancy unique animations for every legendary weapon. In my opinion is enough to bring those cool animations to classes which are not naturally themed with those effects.

The only thing that sadness me is that barrage animation which completely broke the theme. I would love if the developers could take special care so the weapon immersion is not broken for those little details.

After all is a weapon which on one hand requires a lot of required grinding and on the other hand requires a lot of gold.

@anduriell.6280 said:
    After all is a weapon which on one hand requires a lot of required grinding and on the other hand requires a lot of gold.

AGREEEE!!! And for those who are living in NA and play on EU, or vice-versa, it is painful when you are looking for a group to do let's Bounty.

• @anduriell.6280 said:

Also keep in mind you are doing those fancy effects in a RANGER or a warrior which I think it looks really cool. And think how will look a DRUID with that bow.

I don't think we need over the top fancy unique animations for every legendary weapon. In my opinion is enough to bring those cool animations to classes which are not naturally themed with those effects.

The only thing that sadness me is that barrage animation which completely broke the theme. I would love if the developers could take special care so the weapon immersion is not broken for those little details.

I would also agree that a new barrage animation (or just swapping in the DH bow 5 effect) would be better.

But, I'm not sure if I want to deal with Ele meter showers and lava fonts all getting turned into giant light shows of blue ravens and rainbows.

• I initially wasn't impressed by Pharus in the trailer, but in-game it looks much better. It took me 3 days and a lot of gold, but I made it, and am glad we got an alternative to Kudzu.

edited January 22, 2019

Unbelievable, all 5 skills of the guardian are animated. Instead, the ranger has only 4 animated skills.

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable, all 5 skills of the guardian are animated. Instead, the ranger has only 4 animated skills.

All 5 skills are changed for DH? I don't see it. If you are referencing skill 5 I am pretty sure that is the normal animation with the Pharus crit animation proccing. Anyways, I don't know why people expected LB5 to change for Ranger. It is not a projectile. Also 4 changed animations is actually really good for the investment of one weapon. At least you aren't a Necromancer main who crafted Xiuquatl.