Bots do +3000 matches per season with total impunity

Delweyn.1309

Anyway, I see 2 of those bot users who are not in invisible mode, doing fractales, story and wvw like normal. One is having more than 34k achiev.

So they are not all just gold farming accounts. They have done their 500-700 ranked matches this season and god know how many golds/gems like this, and continue to play like you and me who are struggling for every gold made.

Cool life.

@avey.4201 said:How to get rid of bots 101: ban all accounts with a mirage ;) j/k, but would be a good April fools joke hint hint Anet who technically wasn't here, and didn't see anything B) .

No, because they use mirage atm before this spe is just overcheated for automated actions in pvp. Huge survivability and condi pression that's powerfull in low ranks.But if mirage didn't existed, bot users would use any other class, but with much less efficiency.

@Delweyn.1309 said:

@"avey.4201" said:How to get rid of bots 101: ban all accounts with a mirage ;) j/k, but would be a good April fools joke
hint hint
Anet who technically wasn't here, and didn't see anything B) .

No, because they use mirage atm before this spe is just overcheated for automated actions in pvp. Huge survivability and condi pression that's powerfull in low ranks.But if mirage didn't existed, bot users would use any other class, but with much less efficiency.

Meant as a joke.

I didn't realize bots in GW2 were so advanced, I would've thought they were all players had I fought them. "except the one adjusting direction rapidly in the video".It may help Anet to know if patches put them offline for abnormal times or a day, they may be modifying the client to get such advanced bots, and potentially could've allowed them to slip by the march ban. Else they will be using DLL and Anet has the means to detect them.

Now my 1st love in this game & GW1 as been pvp, im not a BOT, before any one says :-DThis is my take on it....This season alone iv played1413 match's over 2 accountsTotal of 6107 ranked matches over allso iv seen a real change in the amount of these BOTS, i think this is even bigger then Anet are willing to admit... or are they in control ?Most teams seem to have 2 or 3 bots n that's seems to be the deciding factor in the out come of the match,You might all so have one real player in charge of the bots, A Handler if you like, there job is to stop any activity that might not make the game go there way,So the team with the most bots win = Most ProfitThe handlers Direct or RAGE @ real players, Sadly any one that doesn't know better, to obvious kill zones, that the bots will be programed to go to, so to tie up the game or just keep farming points from one point,Iv have probable been reported Hundreds of times, or at least threatened by these people for just not doing what they want to throw the match, to which i say PLS DO, I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, Anet can check my Data, i don't cheat, how about U ?.....& if the fight still isn't going there way they simply log out on one side or the otherI have become pretty good @ spotting this activate, And play accordingly, i love trolling the throwers n bots, high lighting them for all to seeI apologies to any one that's encountered me in game & just thinks I'm rude, i am not, just passionate about my pvp
I will try to help any one that asks, but if it looks like a bot n walks like a bot, Expected to get called such :-DI'm a whale biologist :-DAny one from GW1 who knows how to pull there enemy, and block them like the good old Bot riddled Jade Query days should do well in pvp now, its all about pulling them off point n keeping them busy, And ignoring the moron Handlers raging @ U :-DTHINK for YOURSELVESHope this tactic helps yall next seasonMost of all HFTomo

@Tomo.8324 said:Now my 1st love in this game & GW1 as been pvp, im not a BOT, before any one says :-DThis is my take on it....This season alone iv played1413 match's over 2 accountsTotal of 6107 ranked matches over allso iv seen a real change in the amount of these BOTS, i think this is even bigger then Anet are willing to admit... or are they in control ?Most teams seem to have 2 or 3 bots n that's seems to be the deciding factor in the out come of the match,You might all so have one real player in charge of the bots, A Handler if you like, there job is to stop any activity that might not make the game go there way,So the team with the most bots win = Most ProfitThe handlers Direct or RAGE @ real players, Sadly any one that doesn't know better, to obvious kill zones, that the bots will be programed to go to, so to tie up the game or just keep farming points from one point,Iv have probable been reported Hundreds of times, or at least threatened by these people for just not doing what they want to throw the match, to which i say PLS DO, I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, Anet can check my Data, i don't cheat, how about U ?.....& if the fight still isn't going there way they simply log out on one side or the otherI have become pretty good @ spotting this activate, And play accordingly, i love trolling the throwers n bots, high lighting them for all to seeI apologies to any one that's encountered me in game & just thinks I'm rude, i am not, just passionate about my pvp

I will try to help any one that asks, but if it looks like a bot n walks like a bot, Expected to get called such :-DI'm a whale biologist :-DAny one from GW1 who knows how to pull there enemy, and block them like the good old Bot riddled Jade Query days should do well in pvp now, its all about pulling them off point n keeping them busy, And ignoring the moron Handlers raging @ U :-DTHINK for YOURSELVESHope this tactic helps yall next seasonMost of all HFTomo

Don't know what you were smoking but damn it seems powerful.

• 3 weeks later...

I have encountered my fisrt bot too this morning. Account with 27k AP, playing scourge, already at 600+ games. Easy tell by the movements he was making, similar when a player lags. He went close every time it was uncapped even when others were capping it already :D and you can bleed him out forever, because in downed state he will constantly use the first skill thus healing himself.

He was on my team and I carried him to win even, feelsbadman

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:I have encountered my fisrt bot too this morning. Account with 27k AP, playing scourge, already at 600+ games. Easy tell by the movements he was making, similar when a player lags. He went close every time it was uncapped even when others were capping it already :D and you can bleed him out forever, because in downed state he will constantly use the first skill thus healing himself.

All my proofs weren't enought ?

But I ll upload at least the video I made of him. Even if nothing will (probably) change...

@"rank eleven monk.9502" said:I have encountered my fisrt bot too this morning. Account with 27k AP, playing scourge, already at 600+ games. Easy tell by the movements he was making, similar when a player lags. He went close every time it was uncapped even when others were capping it already :D and you can bleed him out forever, because in downed state he will constantly use the first skill thus healing himself.

Here's the video. Another proof.

And I'm moving at +25% speed. Hard to catch.

The worst about this one is that

• he use freely speedhack, showing to everyone that he don't fear bans.
  • he was already reported with video a long time ago and he's here again, doing same stuff.
  • he is gold 3. Quite effective bot.
  • if your a plat and lose against it's team, you lose nearly 20 points.

@Delweyn.1309 said:

@"rank eleven monk.9502" said:I have encountered my fisrt bot too this morning. Account with 27k AP, playing scourge, already at 600+ games. Easy tell by the movements he was making, similar when a player lags. He went close every time it was uncapped even when others were capping it already :D and you can bleed him out forever, because in downed state he will constantly use the first skill thus healing himself.

• he was already reported with video a long time ago and he's here again, doing same stuff.
  • if your a plat and lose against it's team, you lose nearly 20 points.No I mean I did believe you, I am just surprised that even at plat T2 games we have bots now.. and yeah if he is gold3 then it is quite effective. This guy was discussed in the lobby mapchats this morning too.

@lare.5129 said:don't see big issue. I play 100-300 games per season, try various build and professions. Present mostly on rank silver or bronze. Have perfect soundtrack in background, and get pleasure.

100-300 is okay... I know some people who play an average of 600 games per season.

But over 3000 games per season? That's definetely not okay. If you take the average game time of 10 minutes and 5 minute queues, you have a person with 3000 games playing for about 750 hours a season. That's a little over 31 days NON-STOP.

I got another hacker/bot in pvp today, lost a match vs him. He clearly was speed hacking and could track through stealth and this are facts. His movement were so scripted like a bot. It's not me that have lost vs this guy but many more. Anet please do something about hackers and bots, frankly I'm tired of seeing them. We've already enough problems in this game, bots and hack should not be added to the pile.

A game is about 8-10 minutes. You can count that + taking into account the waiting time in the lobby + time spend before games really launch.

It's why I'm questioning about Anet.After watching how these bots are working and giving all the details + reports, I still see them by 2 sometimes at every matches.There is something fishy about all of this, really...

Wow great catch on this. In the early days of HoT I played ranked basically "full time" for a couple seasons and never cracked 2k games in a season. That was being on 8+ hours daily. Side note it totally burnt me out on ranked for good so I would be doubly suspicious of anyone putting in thousands of games a season. The ranked fatigue is real lol.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:I have encountered my fisrt bot too this morning. Account with 27k AP, playing scourge, already at 600+ games. Easy tell by the movements he was making, similar when a player lags. He went close every time it was uncapped even when others were capping it already :D and you can bleed him out forever, because in downed state he will constantly use the first skill thus healing himself.

• if your a plat and lose against it's team, you lose nearly 20 points.No I mean I did believe you, I am just surprised that even at plat T2 games we have bots now.. and yeah if he is gold3 then it is quite effective. This guy was discussed in the lobby mapchats this morning too.

I'm probably the guy who was raging hard in mapchat over this bot. I've been seeing it for a good while now and reported it multiple times. Funnily enough people were arguing that it might not be a bot, just a bad player with way too much time on his hands. I've looked at what it does in multiple matches - it's a bot 100%, if you look closely you can see the cracks, I've caught it auto attacking into walls a couple of times. Also saw it stuck autorunning into a wall here and there, and just overall it's movement and actions are not natural. It will run to mid then just stand still capping it until an enemy is in range.

One game I tried whispering it and I actually did get a response. Told him to say hi and he said hi. I don't know how these things work but I assume there's a person actually sitting behind the PC there and afking while the bot farms PvP for him. Either that or it's some pretty sophisticated code.

I've added him to friends and just dodge him in queues, which is a bit annoying since it's online and PvPing virtually all day every day. The fact that it's still out and about doing it's thing when I can't be the only one who reported it since season began is a testament to the sad state of PvP right now. The fact he wins a fair amount of games is pretty ludicrous too and shows how many lopsided matches the matchmaking creates where one team can win comfortably with a literal NPC on their team.

• 1 month later...