Cut content from episode — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Cut content from episode

Any notable content that was cut from the episode that you can share?

How about anything you would have done differently had you had more time?

Tagged:

Comments

• Gaile Gray.6029Gaile Gray.6029 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is an interesting question! I hope to learn about this, too!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd be too. Whilst it doesn't feel like any content was cut (maybe an instance as the story was unusually short), the map def has a big drop in things going on like events and map stories that Jahai was highly commended for.

Was there a reason to change to a more event-lite map? Most of the ls4 maps have had plenty of stand alone mini stories. This one not so much and perhaps felt magnified by the size of the map itself.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭

Zojja was going to show up with Malyck and lead us to his tree, which has been protecting a previously unknown dragon egg (of which Zojja is trying to hatch using new technology she's been developing in her recovery). The tree's avatar also would have shown us a vision revealing the DSD true identity, but it was all ultimately cut for pulling attention away from the looming Kralk threat.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    This is an interesting question! I hope to learn about this, too!

Aren’t you head of communications? I find it strong to believe you have no intel of whatever goes on inside the company
    I’m not asking for details, just demanding them B)

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Svennis.3852 said:
    Zojja was going to show up with Malyck and lead us to his tree, which has been protecting a previously unknown dragon egg (of which Zojja is trying to hatch using new technology she's been developing in her recovery). The tree's avatar also would have shown us a vision revealing the DSD true identity, but it was all ultimately cut for pulling attention away from the looming Kralk threat.

I have a vague feeling that whatever research was planned to have Zojja do/perform, was shoved unto Taimi’s plate. Just a hunch

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Thanks for that! Interesting!

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019

@Clayton Kisko.5207 said:

• I originally pitched the idea of a collection where we wanted to find the rest of the pieces of Rhoban because we already found the thumb but it didn't really fit thematically and it really didn't make sense for his pieces to be here.

Next 'current events' quest, please! B)

The photo collection also sounds fun.

• @Clayton Kisko.5207 said:

• I originally pitched the idea of a collection where we wanted to find the rest of the pieces of Rhoban because we already found the thumb but it didn't really fit thematically and it really didn't make sense for his pieces to be here.

Rytlock has the pieces, he keeps them with the rest of the stuff he's got from the Fire Islands

• I'd love to see the 'photo collection' in the game; as a Side Story/Current Event, it would be great.

• Jalis was nearly in the patch....

ANET, don't you forget them dwarves for the future! We need to see Jalis bonk some heads with Droknar's hammer!

• @Andrew Gray.5816 said:
    Don't forget about the Logan/Canach/Rytlock love triangle subplot that was too beautiful for the world to experience.

(Kidding...or am I?)

Canach is a perfect River Song for Rytlock.... "Hello sweety."

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.